Add a #Rules-Errata channel to the Main Discord

[DEFN] Aithead  Head Gamemaster VIP 27 Feb 20 at 2:38pm
FULL RP Name(s):
A: MPF GRID OFC II Rust, CWU Lord Inquisitor Avenski, OVA THUNDER AT0 06 2973, SU PFC Ledlok

Discord Username:
A: Aithead#4321

Steam ID:
A: STEAM_1:0:202890557

Workshop Link: (If applicable)
A: N/A

What is your suggestion?
A: First of all, I did not see any location on the forums that I thought would be a good location for this. Perhaps the Forums Suggestions would have been a better place, but here we are.

Create a channel under #dev-reports and above #forums-activity where rules errata is listed so that players can actually know what the specific interpretations of the rules are supposed to be. 
This channel would require Head Admin or higher to send messages in.

This is mainly for things such as RP rules, which do need a section in the Server Rules for themselves that details what is and isn't an allowed or reasonable RP action to take. Ex. When players are allowed to roll to say, kill an SU who is stealing a vehicle.

How would this benefit the server?
A: For the longest time now integration/interpretations of the rules have been scattered, with different Staff interpreting the rules differently and most people not understanding how the rules are meant to be interpreted.

A while back, there was a disagreement between multiple people about an SU stealing an HC by rolling if there is a passenger; does the passenger ALSO get to roll against the SU? It seems like they should be able to, but well, we should all know how "seems like" works out. 

In any case, it doesn't matter if it takes 1 minute to type out an interpretation of the rules, we players just need to know!

This also does not imply that there needs to be a massive documenting of past inferences, simply that any made from this point onwards should be logged.

Lastly, even if it will get confusing after a while, at least the information is THERE, where someone can find it eventually.

Signature:
Gamemaster Supervisor.

Ancient GRID CmD, prior SU Major/GB COL.

Credit to SEVIN.
[Image: 20220724145724_1.png]
Bel1ve.  VIP 27 Feb 20 at 3:18pm
I thought of doing this but forgot, massive +++++1
Combean0007  Community Advisor VIP 27 Feb 20 at 4:33pm
I doubt separate channel is required for that. You could just ask Head Admin+ to clarify those things and pass it to other people.
I'm not against the idea though, if Atlas or Fasko are fine with that, then sure why not. As far as it is useful, I'm interested in it.

Signature:
AIU Orpheus
[Image: F9E315C7F9B284DA912DC86DCB17E86D839C7E73]
Verily  VIP 27 Feb 20 at 4:39pm
+1, it's much easier to back up a "x HA said so" claim if it's in writing somewhere
Nevada  VIP 27 Feb 20 at 4:46pm
+1 one more channel to mute
Cylean  28 Feb 20 at 11:32am
More transparency is good yes.
+1
Venom  Senior Infrastructure Moderator VIP 28 Feb 20 at 12:08pm
(27 Feb 20 at 4:33pm)Combean0007 Wrote: I doubt separate channel is required for that. You could just ask Head Admin+ to clarify those things and pass it to other people.
I'm not against the idea though, if Atlas or Fasko are fine with that, then sure why not. As far as it is useful, I'm interested in it.

I do agree with Combean, could easily DM someone or ping them in a channel for clarification of a rule if you have any questions.
+1 though, cause either way it'd help people out if there was a channel like that and if this doesn't get accepted, then people know that they shouldn't be afraid to ask some questions.

Signature:
Senior Infrastructure Moderator
Ex-CvR Moderator
DM me on Discord if you need anything!
Discord : Venom on all DEFN Official Discords
Fasko  Director of Infrastructure 4 Mar 20 at 2:00am
I'd personally prefer these things end up in the server rules than a discord channel so that it all remains in one place, but depending on how it's used it could quickly result in a thicc rule page. So we'll give the channel a try and see how useful it serves to be.

Suggestion accepted.
Closed & moved to Reviewed.
  • 8 participants