A:
STEAM_0:0:133235674
Workshop Link: (If applicable)
A:
NA
What is your suggestion?
A: Add main back to the map pool

How would this benefit the server?
A: The map pool is kinda thinning out and it was a good map at least in my opinion, I don't know what I expect to come of this but I just want to throw it out there to see what other people think of it possibly returning
oogasboogas  VIP 14 Feb 22 at 7:14pm
+1 map pool doesnt have enough variety and i think at least trying it out for a day on the weekend might be a good metric of how much people want it
cheeto likes this post
#1 Great Wooden Dad  Member 14 Feb 22 at 7:37pm
we already have one shit open long range map, we don't need another.
if we replace stalker with main i'd be somewhat more for this change but for the most part -1
oogasboogas  VIP 14 Feb 22 at 7:38pm
(14 Feb 22 at 7:37pm)#1 Great Wooden Dad Wrote: we already have one shit open long range map, we don't need another.
if we replace stalker with main i'd be somewhat more for this change but for the most part -1

stalker was removed
#1 Great Wooden Dad  Member 14 Feb 22 at 7:45pm
i have not seen anywhere recently saying it has been removed and it was on 3-4 days ago so?
joe  Community Advisor VIP 14 Feb 22 at 8:08pm
>stalker gets removed for being a boring sniper hell that nobody wants to play on
>"hey guys lets add another boring sniper hell that nobody wants to play on"

history repeats itself

Signature:
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=21070803]
Stoofer likes this post
Kenny McCormick  VIP 14 Feb 22 at 8:18pm
Imagine a world where mainstreet C roofs could open the door for complete map domination
that world is defn_main
-1, map's stale, overused, unfun, boring, hard to look at, and hellish if you're not a sniper, sentry, cross, or anything with long-range capability or the ability to climb roofs. We killed this map during fate and I'd rather not see it rise from the grave to haunt us again.

Signature:
love me some lore
former hgm, npu dvl (sentry), lvet co
[DEFN] Aithead  Head Gamemaster VIP 14 Feb 22 at 10:05pm
every time.

Every god damn time a map gets changed out we get another suggestion of this.

Tbh Infra should do the funny and just yeet these suggestions because they're repetitive and there are many examples of why DEFN Main is a bad map for regular gameplay.
Exhibit A: DEFN Main is an old map and people forget why they hated it, then don't play on it when they do.
Exhibit B: DEFN Main is primarily a long-range map where MASSIVE sections go unused because the only playable area is in the middle.

PLEASE make a DEFN_Main spinoff that only has an expanded version of its normal city. NEVER add back original DEFN Main.

Signature:
Gamemaster Supervisor.

Ancient GRID CmD, prior SU Major/GB COL.

Credit to SEVIN.
[Image: 20220724145724_1.png]
Vodkan. likes this post
Kenny McCormick  VIP 14 Feb 22 at 10:16pm Edited
(14 Feb 22 at 10:05pm)[DEFN] Aithead Wrote: every time.

Every god damn time a map gets changed out we get another suggestion of this.

Tbh Infra should do the funny and just yeet these suggestions because they're repetitive and there are many examples of why DEFN Main is a bad map for regular gameplay.
Exhibit A: DEFN Main is an old map and people forget why they hated it, then don't play on it when they do.
Exhibit B: DEFN Main is primarily a long-range map where MASSIVE sections go unused because the only playable area is in the middle.

PLEASE make a DEFN_Main spinoff that only has an expanded version of its normal city. NEVER add back original DEFN Main.

DEFN main's main downfalls are literally because of 2 issues, ones that cannot be fixed without drastic and frankly futile changes:
Roof accessibility to classes that fuck over the balance of the map should a team have city control.
the map being too big and too city centric.
EVERYONE WHO SUGGESTS THIS MAPS FORGETS HOW MUCH OF A SHITFEST IT WAS TO PLAY ON THIS MAP. I can't state that enough, I can't state the frustration and anger I would feel when a CROSS or some shitass sniper on a roof would doink me from near-beyond render distance. It's baffling how long we were on this map, how long we've HAD this map, and how many times it's been used. I FUCKING JOINED FOR THE FIRST TIME ON THIS MAP.
Please, PLEASE let this map rest in peace, please.

Signature:
love me some lore
former hgm, npu dvl (sentry), lvet co
TheJC  VIP 14 Feb 22 at 10:17pm
kill yourself venom
  • 15 participants