Add smoke grenades and flashbangs

New folder  VIP 9 Jul 19 at 6:21am Edited
FULL RP Name(s):
A: NPU JURY/SENTRY OfC ll Placeholder, OTA SHIELD TR 09 2289, SU PVT Placeholder and E7 Survey Engineer Placeholder

Discord Username:
A: Everybody

Steam ID:
A: STEAM_0:1:63058270

Workshop Link: (If applicable)
A: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=547635114 (You can probably find something better, preferably one that works like CS:GO)

What is your suggestion?
A: Add smoke grenades and flashbangs

Add a slot in the inventory menu for grenades. Only 1 type of grenade can be used for every life. This can unfortunately get quite laggy and chaotic with 70 people spamming smokes and flashes while rushing B. To prevent the smoke from smoking your PC and acting like a flashbang because your game is now frozen, add a crate in base that gives a grenade every minute. Maybe even a crate on the field that snipers can camp. Another option is to limit them to a few subdivisions. BALLISTA and HVY are both weaker variants of other divisions. Giving them utility grenades would create a reason to choose them over others. RP money could also be used to buy grenades. 200$ for flashes and 300$ for smokes. Limit is still 1.

How would this benefit the server?
A: This is gonna be another retarded suggestion. A lot of people have been whining about snipers, and these utility grenades could atleast give them a chance to survive snipers. Flashbangs can help the rebels push when they're outnumbered 2 to 1. It blinds the combine or makes them turn away to avoid it. Then the smoke grenades can be used to deter pushes and provide cover from snipers. Basically the same purpose as in CS, so I don't need to list everything.
[DEFN] Zmurfus  VIP 9 Jul 19 at 6:50am
-1 I understand the request for these items however I feel the negative effects on fps etc outweighs the need for these items.

Signature:
Zmurfus/Zephyr
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12617528]
Anti yes  Member 9 Jul 19 at 8:00am
-1 Last thing we need is grenade spam
#1 Great Wooden Dad  Member 9 Jul 19 at 10:38am
Last time flashbangs were in the server they did absolute jackshit
Ick  Infrastructure Supervisor VIP 18 Jul 19 at 7:54am
-1 Last time we had Flashes i spammed them when infiltrating Combine base so no

Signature:
"Get Excited!"- Senku Ishigami, Year 5719
New folder  VIP 18 Jul 19 at 11:47am
That's why I suggested to limit the grenades
Nevada  VIP 18 Jul 19 at 11:48am
-1 ....................................................... hej
Hong Kong  Senior Infrastructure Moderator VIP 19 Jul 19 at 2:49am
Heavy -1

Even if they’re limited, say that class gets 10 people online at once, and then 10 flashes / smokes all spam around one corner at once? That just sounds like lag, and just being purely unfair.

Signature:
HONORARY LA HK
[Image: NecoDance.gif][Image: Necowha-1.gif]
xXmrburnsXx  VIP 19 Jul 19 at 4:38pm
Source Engine can't understand smoke. Especially the build that GMod uses. Want to crash a server in 10 minutes flat? Spam Smoke Grenades.

Ikea-Chan  Community Advisor VIP 23 Jul 19 at 4:26pm
-1 Oh boy oh boy, the server crashed again because 5 people decided to do a ''tactical'' attack by using smokes
  • 9 participants