IAA Director "Cobalt Dreams"

Discord Username:
A:Luka Hellthorn / Kristoph#4465

Steam ID:
A:STEAM_0:1:164557213

Workshop Link: (If applicable)
A: none. Already on the server.

What is your suggestion?
A: To replace the R8 Revolver the Anarchist job has Right now with the Starter Pistol.

How would this benefit the server?
A: As an acitve and dedicated member of the Anarchist Faction project, i can honestly say that The revolver is absolute trash.

First and foremost, the Revolver's hitreg is somehow worse than every other gun's. Using the left click makes shots that are landed not land a hitmarker 90% of the time, making precise long range shots unreliable. The only real option is jumping people and spamming rightclick, however the firerate is so piss-poor that by the time you land one or two shots, your target has already killed you. The Revolver is unreliable, way too slow and does not fit the anarchist playstyle at all. It has no impact on serverwide combat appart from occasional jumpscares.

Secondly, The Starter Pistol, as a replacement, would fair better. On the Previous weapon pack, we had the Luger, which did 50 damage but had only 6-7 shots, along with a high fire rate. The Starter Pistol is basically the Luger Equivalent, sacrificing a bit of it's fire rate and damage for 13 bullets. This would give us a fair chance of actually killing anyone, and our target a fair chance of reacting if jumped, since the starter pistol does significantly less damage than the R8 Revolver. The Starter Pistol is way more efficient than the R8, Fits the Playstyle better and could have an actual impact on the game.

Thirdly, the revolver is a lvl 100/90 gun. Way too hard to grind out due to the high level requirement and low XP gain and a HUGE price. Could only be used by anarchists or people that spend way too much time on the server, and even they would struggle to use it propperly. The Luger used to be a lvl 50/60 Pistol. Not too hard to grind, not too pricy. Could be used by anyone to it's fullest. The Starter Pistol is a statring weapon anyone can obtain and can be used by anyone to it's maximum potential like an anarchist could, making it, esentially, a luger equivalent fully. The Revolver is Inaccessible to most players and is hard to use. The Starter Pistol can be accessed by anyone and fairs well in most hands.

And Lastly, It makes absolutely no sense for a random civilian to get a 3.57 caliber revolver.  Such guns are rare, would be way too hard to obtain and a 9mm pistol would be easyer to conceal and obtain, since (tying into point no. 3), it's absolutely everywhere and it can be easy to buy or steal. It makes no sense logic-wise and currently map-wise for a simple civilian to get access to a high-caliber revolver.

In Short, The Replacement of the R8 Revolver with the Starter Pistol would: encourage players to actually be wary of anarchists, make anarchist actually enjoyable to play when not trying to steal weapons from lockers, teach people how useful a simpler pistol can be, serve as equivalating the old Luger to the starter pistol and it would all-together make more sense for a random civilian to gain acess to a 9mm pistol.

Signature:
The Director sends his regards.
-Luka Hellthorn
Poison  VIP 26 Nov 19 at 5:03am
-1 give knife back not starter pistol

Signature:
NPU JURY OfC II Poison.
"You can't change whats done, you can only move on."
~Arthur Morgan, The Legend of the East.

Luka Hellthorn  VIP 26 Nov 19 at 5:04am
(26 Nov 19 at 5:03am)Poison Wrote: -1 give knife back not starter pistol

smh didn't even read
Poison  VIP 26 Nov 19 at 5:07am
Did read though.

Another point is that anarchist isn’t supposed to be some SU bullshit, sneaking up behind you and instantly killing you, taking out squads of people. They are more for taking out individual targets with their back turned and he revolver is perfect for that, or knife.

Signature:
NPU JURY OfC II Poison.
"You can't change whats done, you can only move on."
~Arthur Morgan, The Legend of the East.

Luka Hellthorn  VIP 26 Nov 19 at 5:12am
(26 Nov 19 at 5:07am)Poison Wrote: Did read though.

Another point is that anarchist isn’t supposed to be some SU bullshit, sneaking up behind you and instantly killing you, taking out squads of people. They are more for taking out individual targets with their back turned and he revolver is perfect for that, or knife.

yeah, but even when you do that it sucks. the starter pistol can't do that shit, i never said it could, i only said it would be better than the R8. The R8 can't land a reliable shot on a single target unless you litteraly go up to their face, and by then you'll surely die.
Valiant  VIP 26 Nov 19 at 8:45am
+1 | Not too OP Replacement | Makes sense to have | Can land shots far better | Can make being an Anarchist a far better experience |

Signature:
Valiant / Valkyria
LA/MED/CROSS/HECU
Game Boy  VIP 26 Nov 19 at 12:00pm
+1 I'd say either the P250 or the starter pistol would be great

ᴬˡᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰ ᵗʰᵉʸ ˢʰᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵗᵒᵗᵃˡˡʸ ᵇʳᶦⁿᵍ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜʳᵒˢˢᵇᵒʷ
Dick Van Dyke likes this post
[DEFN] Pielord  Member VIP 26 Nov 19 at 1:51pm
i say this because giving anarchist a weapon like that makes it...not special i guess? yes its rare for the revolver to exist but thats good, it makes anarchist unique. Lore wise, anarchists would have easy access to a revolver like that because, well, they live inbetween 2 military bases as well as are an organization capable of stockpiling/scavanging. Also, just saying out of personal preference, i believe playing anarchist would feel way less rewarding. if you kill someone with a weapon easily capable of doing so then its just another kill. if you use strategy or just RANDOM BULLSHIT to win, those dopamine receptors are goin over 9000! But, personal preference, i need to -1 this, i really hate the idea of changing the revolver especially after shoving so much work into it.
  • 16 participants