KGB MTD Colonel Archimedes
OVA KILO VC-III 08 7220
Civil Advisor Archimedes

SteamID & Discord Name/Tag

Grunkle D Funkle#1982
STEAM_0:1:444497104

Region/Timezone

EST

List all (if any) previous punishments (Warns/Bans)

A single warn for Metagame ( Killed a disguised SU as KGB )

What is your reason(s) for applying for Gamemaster?

I feel like I could do a lot of fun events and possibly add some lore/rp to the server. I have some ideas for a ballista story which could be cool and it could involve other divisions such as CWU/Heavy/Grid aswell. I also have alot of knowledge and previous dupes from my time as a GM before.

Have you ever been Event Staff or something similar before? If so, list your previous positions.

I was previously a Game Master on CvR and Senior Admin on a Dark RP Server 

Describe how you react to negative feedback, from constructive criticism to borderline harassment.

I simply take it into account and depending on who is giving it to me Ill take action or think about it in the future or even make change to consider it. If Harassments is being directed towards me or someone else I simply try to ignore or stop it, it doesn't really phase me to be honest.

While planning a server-wide Event you realized that it would make hosting it much easier if you had another Gamemaster assisting you, and manage to get someone to help. Unfortunately 5 minutes before the Event is scheduled to begin, they messaged you and said they would be absent. How do you proceed?

If the event requires more than just me ill simply halt the event for a later time but if it doesn't require them and I know it'll work out fine Ill simply continue the event and try to be as careful as possible.

While planning an Event, you decide to test some of the tools you think would be helpful. You go to the admin room, and start to experiment. Unfortunately, while testing with some NPCs the server crashed. How do you react?

I simply admit to my mistake and tell a Dev/High Staff, You should always test in single player if it could crash the server so this is completely your fault if it happens.

An NCO has finished training a Recruit, but there are no COs or Staff online to provide the whitelist. What do you do?

GM's cannot give Whitelist, I could do it because I'm a CO but if I was on my GM job I wouldn't. I would simply tell them to wait or switch to my CO job. 

While hosting a server-wide Event you have implemented a RP section where players can interact with a computer in order to open a door. Unexpectedly, a CO decides that they would rather that door stay closed (Presumably so that the other side cannot continue), and orders that the computer be destroyed. Given that the door is essential to progressing your event, how do you react?

I inform him and his men that the door is needed for the event and they must plan/act accordingly and if he doesn't comply he will be removed from the Event and reported to Overlook.

While hosting a server-wide Event, a CmD/MAJ decides that they dislike it, and begin to openly attempt to get players to refuse to participate. This reaches the point that there are almost no players participating on one side. How do you resolve the situation?

I ask him why he doesn't like the event and listen to him and take it into consideration then I attempt to explain him how my job as aa GM works and attempt to tell him to tell his Men to participate if the would like to.

After hosting a server-wide Event, you are in the middle of a post-event Debrief when the COs present tell you to stop hosting your DB so they can host theirs. How do you react?

I inform them that I am almost done and they can host it afterwards. If they don't comply ill simply tell them to stop of they will be kicked for disturbing my event and overlook will be informed.

What permissions do Gamemasters have, both inside and outside of Events?

You have full power in your event which means you can kick/warn people if they are disrupting it and you can use your Phys gun and tool gun on people if needed.

While preparing to host an Event, you notice that there are 3 vehicles deployed, and that the server is lagging a bit because of that. What do you do?

You wait for the vehicles to be destroyed/undeployed and do your event once they are gone.

Describe your design process of Events prior to queuing them.

I usually write my ideas down somewhere and think about them at a later date and work out all the kinks and problems. I usually think about them whenever I'm not doing anything.

Create three Event ideas and describe them below. Be as detailed as you feel necessary. Originality is appreciated, and a lack of details will be penalized.

1.  A Ballista Storyline where an unknown group ( Not affiliated with Rebs/Combine/or any known Anarch Group) is developing some type of super vehicle that the ballista's and Grid/CWU must research and stop the building progression on. The events can be failed and if are the vehicle will be slowly built and a final event will be done where it becomes built and sent somewhere to cause havoc or the ballista's will have to fight it.

2.  A Basic shop event where I build a truck with a cargo holder on the back and sell items to anarchist faction members. the Truck can be kos'd and stolen but I will hunt it down and attempt to reclaim it with some decent firepower. If they kill me while im hunting it they get the items inside aka some rewards .

3.  The Predator: Ill make a small boxed off area with a bunch of trees and invisible props on the and become the "Predator". Ill be using a Cloak and Neck Snap and ill be hunting the participants in the boxed off area. Their job is to kill me with the small firearms given and the winners will receive any medium/heavy tier weapon they want.

How often do you think GMs should host events?

At least Twice a Week

Do you understand and accept the following clause: I will not leak Staff or Gamemaster information, I will not abuse my powers, and I will not break the Gamemaster rules. Additionally, I will add [DEFN] to my Steam name.

Yes I do and I will not break any of these rules if I do get GM.

Signature:
Proud Ballista Commander and Sexy Bastard 
Kenny McCormick  VIP 30 Jan 21 at 8:04pm
+1
Previous GM
Knows how to do shit
Isn't retarded

Best of luck babe <3

Signature:
love me some lore
former hgm, npu dvl (sentry), lvet co
Archimedes likes this post
BOT Pieswick  VIP 30 Jan 21 at 9:50pm
+1
Good app, with easy but good event ideas
also kill you when im on cross like 24/7 so you've earnt it

Signature:
[Image: tfYXj5W.jpg]
caiokkkkk  Server Moderator VIP 30 Jan 21 at 10:00pm
+1
overall a good app, you're a pretty active and pretty cool person

Signature:
Honorary GRID Caiok
SU 2LT Caiok
AlexMagus  Affairs Counselor VIP 31 Jan 21 at 3:53pm
+1 good application and good person a very very good gaymer
Niko_  VIP 31 Jan 21 at 3:54pm
+1
good app and he's already been GM before
SSteffan  VIP 31 Jan 21 at 5:11pm
Good app overall

But i see some Discrepancies.
Firstly your response to the Computer Question
I think is kinda Iffy because it seems like you'll penalise or restrict those who try to do something different as the Players destroying the computer makes complete sense within RP
what i would do would be to continue the event but adapt it in some way on the fly.
For example my most successful event was just a normal event but adapted to be something greater and everyone involved had fun with it,
because i let the players choose what they wanted to do without restricting them unnecessarily, giving them some freedom or choice makes it more fun for them because it makes it feel like they are in control. Remember the events are made for the benefits of the players not your own.

Secondly the question about the 3 vehicles deployed
This will be short and simple you can ask them to undeploy the vehicles but only if you see it as a vital step for your event but you should be extra lenient with this.

Thirdly your second event suggestion is an event i have before hosted by Chieftain although with a slight alteration but it is very basic not even describing prices or what you will sell other than "items" and i find it strange that you'll only be selling it to anarchist factions but that completely fine.

Fourth i'd like to mention the possible biases you might have since throughout your application you mention that you will "report them to overlook" specifically with no mention of rebel leadership which implies your events will only be created around or centred around the combine and considering all of your characters are combine aligned i would not see it as unlikely.

Another thing to mention is that you'll be having a hard time with your predator event unless everyone in the event is standing still since the necksnap sweat spot is very small and very inconsistent on moving targets so you'd have to think very outside the box for that one to work maybe specific movement rules and such.

The last thing to mention is the lack of substance or real effort it seems that you have put into this application, as some answers seems short and not detailed enough, although you have been a game master previously this raises my concerns further as i assume a game master would know what kind of effort should be put into an application as with your application there seems to be a lack of substance like you cobbled this together in 20 minutes or so.

Another note to mention is your sometimes aggressive or toxic behaviour especially directed towards myself the last time we spoke calling me retarded and such doesn't really give a good impression of yourself, makes me believe there to be a chance that you will lash out as players who defy what you say in game or things related to your events although it remains only a possibility.

But apart from those little things i'll give you a +1 and the best of luck with your time coming back to GM.
Archimedes  VIP 31 Jan 21 at 5:20pm
(31 Jan 21 at 5:11pm)SSteffan Wrote: Good app overall

But i see some Discrepancies.
Firstly your response to the Computer Question
I think is kinda Iffy because it seems like you'll penalise or restrict those who try to do something different as the Players destroying the computer makes complete sense within RP
what i would do would be to continue the event but adapt it in some way on the fly.
For example my most successful event was just a normal event but adapted to be something greater and everyone involved had fun with it,
because i let the players choose what they wanted to do without restricting them unnecessarily, giving them some freedom or choice makes it more fun for them because it makes it feel like they are in control. Remember the events are made for the benefits of the players not your own.

Secondly the question about the 3 vehicles deployed
This will be short and simple you can ask them to undeploy the vehicles but only if you see it as a vital step for your event but you should be extra lenient with this.

Thirdly your second event suggestion is an event i have before hosted by Chieftain although with a slight alteration but it is very basic not even describing prices or what you will sell other than "items" and i find it strange that you'll only be selling it to anarchist factions but that completely fine.

Fourth i'd like to mention the possible biases you might have since throughout your application you mention that you will "report them to overlook" specifically with no mention of rebel leadership which implies your events will only be created around or centred around the combine and considering all of your characters are combine aligned i would not see it as unlikely.

Another thing to mention is that you'll be having a hard time with your predator event unless everyone in the event is standing still since the necksnap sweat spot is very small and very inconsistent on moving targets so you'd have to think very outside the box for that one to work maybe specific movement rules and such.

The last thing to mention is the lack of substance or real effort it seems that you have put into this application, as some answers seems short and not detailed enough, although you have been a game master previously this raises my concerns further as i assume a game master would know what kind of effort should be put into an application as with your application there seems to be a lack of substance like you cobbled this together in 20 minutes or so.

Another note to mention is your sometimes aggressive or toxic behaviour especially directed towards myself the last time we spoke calling me retarded and such doesn't really give a good impression of yourself, makes me believe there to be a chance that you will lash out as players who defy what you say in game or things related to your events although it remains only a possibility.

But apart from those little things i'll give you a +1 and the best of luck with your time coming back to GM.

The reason the App was so short is because I had work in 20 minutes and I do apologize for the toxicity, I dont mean it in any negative way. Its simply a way to joke around with people I like and are comfortable with. If you have a problem with what I say/Do just let me know and Ill stop. Thanks for the response and Criticism!
BEEP BOP  VIP 1 Feb 21 at 1:03am
+1 good app good gm good ,man
Clash  VIP 1 Feb 21 at 1:49am Edited
+1 know the fella, hes a good guy. app is also well thought out and the events are good

Signature:
- slouchmeister guy 
  • 10 participants