Discord Username:
A:
Valiance#1346

Steam ID:
A:
STEAM_0:1:64715987

What is your suggestion?
A:
Remove Assassin's ability to force people to spawn.

How would this benefit the server?
A:
TLDR: This would greatly improve the flow of combat in the server and would make fighting assassins in general more pleasing and rewarding.

More than once have I died to an assassin and thought, "What a waste of my time."
Then, I spend two to three minutes walking back to the frontline.
This is not an infrequent occurrence. More often than not, if I know where an LA is, I don't even bother attempting to go there.
Fundamentally, that's an issue with gameplay. CvR focuses on quick and dynamic combat; assassins slow this down to a crawl.

Assassins are an excellent generalist class, even being competitive in a CQC environment. That's great as a power class for the side losing to push back effectively.
Assassin, as itself a class, is perfect. It's well-balanced for keeping offenses pushed back. No issues there.

But it's terrible for the other faction to see a death to an assassin and immediately know that now you're going to be forced to avoid his sightline at all costs, because you're going to have to walk back from your base all the way to the frontline. This is the inherent issue with assassin as a class; it's very unfun to play against, and the gameplay loop is harmed by their deployment.
Game Boy  VIP 15 Sep 22 at 5:59pm
Wasn't there a big thread about this already?
crew13  Member 15 Sep 22 at 5:59pm Edited
+1 its not fun playing when a assasin is online - Vulkan

Signature:
MPF DvL Vulkan
Burning the world since 2005
PersikkaPete likes this post
Valiance  Member 15 Sep 22 at 6:01pm
(15 Sep 22 at 5:59pm)Game Boy Wrote: Wasn't there a big thread about this already?

Not that I know of, but probably. Still, doesn't hurt imo.
zyer  VIP 15 Sep 22 at 6:01pm
i take assassin skull, i bash it against the pavement. they suddenly cant respawn at base, let alone play the game. try that for a change
Valiance, Kowalski, Serry And 3 others like this post
Rendragon  Member 15 Sep 22 at 6:02pm Edited
I agree, it's not that it's a powerful class that is the problem, but the sheer annoyance of having to run all the way back. Sucks having to explain to a new player that the reason their spawn system keeps "glitching" is actually because the other team has 4 assassins deployed at once.

+1
Butch (Fake Tower) likes this post
Valiance  Member 15 Sep 22 at 6:03pm
(15 Sep 22 at 6:01pm)zyer Wrote: i take assassin skull, i bash it against the pavement. they suddenly cant respawn at base, let alone play the game. try that for a change

SO TRUE BESTIE!!
Sevin  Member 15 Sep 22 at 6:24pm
+1, made my own thread about this before.
Game Boy likes this post
Vexeer  VIP 15 Sep 22 at 6:25pm
Honestly, +1 on that. They are a menace on the field, but it's hella annoying to walk from base over and over again.
Valiance  Member 15 Sep 22 at 6:45pm
(15 Sep 22 at 5:56pm)Valiance Wrote: FULL RP Name(s):
A:
OTA SWORD SqL Barracuda
NPU SENTRY 08 4820
MP PVT Valiance

Discord Username:
A:
Valiance#1346

Steam ID:
A:
STEAM_0:1:64715987

What is your suggestion?
A:
Remove Assassin's ability to force people to spawn.

How would this benefit the server?
A:
TLDR: This would greatly improve the flow of combat in the server and would make fighting assassins in general more pleasing and rewarding.

More than once have I died to an assassin and thought, "What a waste of my time."
Then, I spend two to three minutes walking back to the frontline.
This is not an infrequent occurrence. More often than not, if I know where an LA is, I don't even bother attempting to go there.
Fundamentally, that's an issue with gameplay. CvR focuses on quick and dynamic combat; assassins slow this down to a crawl.

Assassins are an excellent generalist class, even being competitive in a CQC environment. That's great as a power class for the side losing to push back effectively.
Assassin, as itself a class, is perfect. It's well-balanced for keeping offenses pushed back. No issues there.

But it's terrible for the other faction to see a death to an assassin and immediately know that now you're going to be forced to avoid his sightline at all costs, because you're going to have to walk back from your base all the way to the frontline. This is the inherent issue with assassin as a class; it's very unfun to play against, and the gameplay loop is harmed by their deployment.

An addendum:
If assassin's want compensation for the loss of this ability, that makes sense to me. But, it's up to development if they want to make that choice, not me. I just want this one thing removed and nothing else.
  • 21 participants