HK

Date of Warn/Ban:
9/15/2022

Ban Length:
N/A

Warn/Ban Reason:
Prop Abuse

Why should we remove warn/ban?
   It started when I was on CWU and messing around with hamster balls---two glass domes welded together to form a sphere so that someone can fit inside---at base. I had the I idea to turn off its gravity and see what it would do. I find out you can use the grav-gun's M1 from the inside to sort of fly with it. I start messing around with my new discovery.
   I eventually take it out of base. I don't really think much of it. I knew it was technically exploiting, but I was acting as a civ staying completely neutral. No healing, no callouts, no fighting, no CR(s), nothing. I made absolutely sure that what I was doing wouldn't affect anyone negatively. So, I didn't think it would matter.
   And, for 20 or so minutes, I seemed to be right. I wasn't trying to hide it, and most players on the sever saw what I was doing at some point. Not one person had an objection. Some even said it was cool. Lucifer, on duty staff, even talked to me about it. I told him I wasn't interfering with combat, and he only told me to make sure I don't accidentally prop kill anyone with it. (the only person it ever killed was me btw). My first indication that anyone had a problem with it was when my ULX perms were removed.

Evidence/Other:
(video sent to me by Aithaed)
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/9...h_Fail.mp4
Minishogun721  Server Administrator VIP 15 Sep 22 at 8:52pm
+1, I want lucifer to chime in too.
Big Iron  Senior Infrastructure Moderator VIP 15 Sep 22 at 9:03pm
but it is still exploiting
Sevin  Member 15 Sep 22 at 9:05pm Edited
(15 Sep 22 at 8:52pm)Minishogun721 Wrote: +1, I want lucifer to chime in too.

https://imgur.com/a/WWEZ6LF
I was still logged in so I was able to get screen shots.
Asquiish  VIP 15 Sep 22 at 9:15pm Edited
-1 even if you was doing no harm to anyone your still spawning props and messing around with props when you shouldnt be. this just comes down to its your own doing you got banned.

Edit: you know your not suppose to be doing it but you did it anyway. its on you
joe  Community Advisor VIP 15 Sep 22 at 9:20pm
This is hilarious but it's very easy to lag/crash the server with props used improperly. Much like OSHA regulations are written in blood, prop rules are written in hydraulic hamburgers.
Frankly I think you're lucky not to be ULX BL'd for this one.

Do it in sandbox next time. Locked/Moved.
bed crabs and PersikkaPete like this post
  • 5 participants