Give GRID and Engineer 7.62 emplacements.

Radioactive.sw  VIP 2 Dec 19 at 9:17pm
FULL RP Name(s):
A: MPF GRID OfC III Nuclear, OVA KILO 09 VC2 1755, SU R-AMC Nuclear, RES WHITE LCPL Nuclear

Discord Username:
A: Radioactive.sw#3746

Steam ID:
A: STEAM_0:0:64665644

Workshop Link: (If applicable)
A: N/A, emplacements are already on the server.

What is your suggestion?
A: Give GRID and Engineer 7.62 turrets. They would be spawned in similarly to how manhacks used to be spawned in, through entities in the F4 menu.

How would this benefit the server?
A: It would allow grid and engineer to fortify and change the environment in ways more than just controlling movement. The turret itself is not overpowered, as anything past CQC they do very little damage. They would ideally be placed around corners or places similar, allowing you to blast the enemy as soon as they walk around the corner. Currently, fortifications always boil down to 3 or 4 aspects. One, how much of the defender you can see (ie a barricade that blocks 3/4 of the defender's body, therefore making it harder for the attacker to hit them) Two, how the attacker's movement is constricted (ie a bottleneck that forces the attacker to move in a straight line, making the defender have to aim less to hit them) Three, defense against rockets (ie fences that block rockets, choosing buildings that have less entrances you can blast through, adding extra layers of props to block entrances) And four (uncommonly used) hiding the defender's position so it takes the attacker more time to find them and start shooting, or making it difficult to aim for the head (ie very dark fences making it hard to see through on both sides, hiding platforms above doors or defenses in dark corners, making a platform above a bottleneck so they take fire from above and in front). Adding turrets would add another aspect entirely, making a foundation for the emplacement to go into, and allowing the person firing the turret to be able to shoot at as many people as possible, while being defended, making a solid defender advantage due to them having a turret, etc. This addition to building classes' arsenal of tricks would also come with some new rules being made. These rules would most likely be enforced IC, so both grid and engi officers would have to agree to something (I am personally good friends with van dyke and will speak to him if this does become implemented.) The rules would most likely consist of no using them to aide defense on FOBs close to the enemy base to reduce spawncamping likelihood, and making sure they are not abused in any way. Likewise, if the emplacements are believed to be too much a responsibility to use fairly, they could be restricted to their faction's respective officers only. Any points I have not covered here or any counter-arguments stated in the comments I will respond to via discord or these comments. Thank you.
Shower  VIP 2 Dec 19 at 9:18pm
+1 yee please
I don't know why we have emplacements but grids nor engines are allowed to use them
hkasler  Member 2 Dec 19 at 9:20pm
+1
I mean.. I don't really have authority on this but if my experience as a GRID has told me anything it's that the largest problem with the subdivision is that they don't have anything that they can fight with so strong +1 from me. Alternately some kind of mine would be a good idea.
Radioactive.sw  VIP 2 Dec 19 at 9:25pm
(2 Dec 19 at 9:20pm)hkasler Wrote: +1
I mean.. I don't really have authority on this but if my experience as a GRID has told me anything it's that the largest problem with the subdivision is that they don't have anything that they can fight with so strong +1 from me. Alternately some kind of mine would be a good idea.

mines wouldn't work, according to sentinel explosives cause lag, that's the reason grenades are not to be used.
hkasler  Member 2 Dec 19 at 9:27pm
(2 Dec 19 at 9:25pm)Radioactive.sw Wrote:
(2 Dec 19 at 9:20pm)hkasler Wrote: +1

mines wouldn't work, according to sentinel explosives cause lag, that's the reason grenades are not to be used.

ah, that makes sense. fair enough.
PUNCAKE  VIP 2 Dec 19 at 9:35pm
+1 would be a nice addition
Fortress  VIP 2 Dec 19 at 9:44pm
+1 We've needed something new ever since we got the door tool taken away. This would make a good replacement.
Myphicbowser  Member 3 Dec 19 at 12:28am
+1 Since honestly a gun placement would also make a fortification look more complete
[DEFN] Aithead  Head Gamemaster VIP 3 Dec 19 at 1:08am
+1.

I have made this suggestion a couple of times in different contexts. Though I think the turret would have to have similar DPS to weapons such as the Mac-10 or AK-47 to actually give the turrets a chance to be used. The turrets would also have to be destructible from bullets, and not explode from said destruction. To counter the idea of increased damage, the weapon could function similar to the Technician's Jeep turret, if you fire it for too long it overheats and cannot fire for a period of time.

Signature:
Gamemaster Supervisor.

Ancient GRID CmD, prior SU Major/GB COL.

Credit to SEVIN.
[Image: 20220724145724_1.png]
Radioactive.sw  VIP 3 Dec 19 at 1:42am
the emplacement would be used, all that would habe to do is put it in an entities tab of the engineer/grid classes menu with a spawn ljmit of 1
  • 12 participants