GRID is a dying division and it needs help

JustMeth  Member 21 Jun 22 at 3:31pm
(21 Jun 22 at 3:26pm)Alma Armas Wrote: Just join OVA

I'm already in the OVA lol
Game Boy  VIP 21 Jun 22 at 6:26pm
(21 Jun 22 at 3:31pm)JustMeth Wrote: I'm already in the OVA lol

Join on your other character too
[DEFN] Aithead  Head Gamemaster VIP 21 Jun 22 at 6:56pm Edited
Somebody mentioned it, so here's actual factual information.

GRID TRs have a specific channel which both describes what they need to do, and what they need to log to pass TR. All they need to do is build 5 total things-that-aren't-shit, and they have 3 weeks to do it. That's really not demanding when even starting out as GRID my first time 3 years ago I could do 2+ submissions from the middle of the map per day depending on daily motivation, and if you build off to the side of the map to pass TR, it can take 3 minutes to finish an acceptable submission without being interrupted by Rebels.

The only difference in effort between GRID and other classes is that GRID requires building, not killing. Otherwise, many TR phases have time-in-game requirements which actually take significantly longer to complete (unless you're a bitch who AFKs for them, in which case it STILL takes longer but requires less effort).

There *might* be something with how long it takes for the responses to be evaluated, but looking at the channel (even with the lack of recent submissions), all responses were evaluated on the same day, including non-standard submissions like reporting errors with the system.

Just... join GRID. HVYs may be cringe and have a boner for destroying props but all things can be recycled.
JustMeth  Member 21 Jun 22 at 7:43pm Edited
https://www.definitivenetworksgmod.com/f...l_quotes=1
(21 Jun 22 at 6:56pm)[DEFN] Aithead Wrote: Somebody mentioned it, so here's actual factual information.

GRID TRs have a specific channel which both describes what they need to do, and what they need to log to pass TR. All they need to do is build 5 total things-that-aren't-shit, and they have 3 weeks to do it. That's really not demanding when even starting out as GRID my first time 3 years ago I could do 2+ submissions from the middle of the map per day depending on daily motivation, and if you build off to the side of the map to pass TR, it can take 3 minutes to finish an acceptable submission without being interrupted by Rebels.

The only difference in effort between GRID and other classes is that GRID requires building, not killing. Otherwise, many TR phases have time-in-game requirements which actually take significantly longer to complete (unless you're a bitch who AFKs for them, in which case it STILL takes longer but requires less effort).

There *might* be something with how long it takes for the responses to be evaluated, but looking at the channel (even with the lack of recent submissions), all responses were evaluated on the same day, including non-standard submissions like reporting errors with the system.

Just... join GRID. HVYs may be cringe and have a boner for destroying props but all things can be recycled.

The inactivity from wolffe is from lately.
There hasn't been a response from him in the server buildings channel since the 17th, five days ago.
We can't know if we're doing something wrong, if we can improve in someway he knows but we don't, we can't get that criticism or help we need because he simply isn't there.
Trainees being marked is good, but the gaps are massive, it's hindering.

Aithead you were an GRID CO at onepoint weren't you? Would you be able to provide some help, even if it's just in the discord server

(Sev has said he's going to work on GRID, but that's next week and GRID needs it now)

Edit : The TR phases aren't even being done properly, 3 weeks to do it and someone has made one report, which was in january, nearly six months ago.
  • 14 participants