Immediately revert or greatly decrease TTK update

Arti  Member 5 Aug 22 at 4:52pm Edited
Neutral

I dont think the update itself is bad after playing it, but I feel like shotguns and snipers are outshining other weapon classes a bit too hard, along with lower damage higher RPM guns like SMGs feeling much weaker. After some tweaking, I feel like the update will be a large success so I dont see a need to revert it completely

I like the intentions of the update though Big Grin
Sevin  Member 5 Aug 22 at 4:57pm Edited
(5 Aug 22 at 1:33pm)Bel1ve. Wrote:
(5 Aug 22 at 1:26pm)Sevin Wrote:
(5 Aug 22 at 8:08am)Bel1ve. Wrote:
(5 Aug 22 at 1:20am)Sevin Wrote:
(4 Aug 22 at 9:25pm)Bel1ve. Wrote: You can win fights against snipers and shotguns

You can only kill so fast. It usually takes well over a second to land the kill with auto automatics, even with all shots on target- no mistakes / perfect gameplay. But snipers and shotguns can kill you in one shot. In order to a win a 1v1, you have to get lucky and have them miss, and they usually don't. So your fucked.
This has always been a "problem", but when machines guns had a lower TTK the shotgunners and snipers had a much smaller window to land the shot, and an even smaller window if you were quick to the draw and hit head shots.

What can I say except skill issue on your part?

I have died many times to other individuals (as a sniper), it may not be easy for sure but it is possible.

I also wholeheartedly agree that snipers and shotguns should've been affected the same as any other weapon that has been affected by the TTK. (not entirely but at least a bit).
You just have to explore something else than continuously trying to fight a sniper/shotgun head-on. There are numerous ways to do so I won't elaborate on this too much, but maybe roam in a team. It'd do miracles if you tried it.

I disagree.
Most of CvR's combat comes from just bumbling into your enemy. Then, a "head-on", close to mid-range fight ensues. Doing more than this requires precise information on where your enemy is and what they are doing. Most of the time you don't have this knowledge, so you end up bumbling into a sniper. Runing often takes too long (especially at close range) so your forced to fight them head-on, and we already know how that ends.
Being in a group can help, but unless your whole team gets an angle on the sniper at the time, someone's getting brained before you take them down. Oh, and get absolutely fucked if there's more than one of them. Having someone right on your ass could work. You'd have 2 guns on them. Being chained to each other is really annoying, but okay. ...But still, you or your buddy is likely going to get killed unless they/you have a shield. ...And that's assuming you have the sniper in the open. If they can get behind cover between shots, then things get a LOT harder.
I mean, even if your right and all this works flawlessly, the fact that this is what you have to fight snipers AT CLOSE RANGE is fucking absurd.

I'm a sniper too you know. And feels like bullshit on the giving of it end too.

Sentinel has emphasized teamwork a lot, you don't need direct information but if you feel like you do. Use cwu, mace, ova.

You get blasted? Part of the game, have a helix in your team. Shields are practically almost always guaranteed to win a head on fight, perhaps join them? Since you mentioned shields yourself.

Again, teamwork makes the dream work, especially if you are a shield with a helix.
Not to forget perks exist.

You are being very hypocritical.

I should not need a helix following me everywhere I go, who, mind you, are rarely on and available.
I shouldn't need a shield.
Machine guns should not be so fucking useless that I have to join a different division.
I should not need to surround myself with and entire squad 24/7.
I should not have to spend tens of thousands of credits on perks.
...just to win a fight against you- a sniper who doesn't need any of this.

Shit is fucked. Stop making excuses.

And speaking of perks! With them snipers can one shot body shot people well over 300 health.
James  VIP 5 Aug 22 at 4:58pm
+1
Playing this and holy crap. Snipers can two shot you before you've even dumped half your mag or gotten them to half HP. Shotguns have always been kind of lame but snipers are unnecssarily overpowered right now. Even if you have complex details of where they are, between range drop off or CQC, snipers are the apex predator right now.
[DEFN] Sentinel  President 5 Aug 22 at 5:01pm
I'll reiterate that this seems more an issue regarding the weapons I DIDN'T nerf, not the concept of the nerf itself.

Following that reasoning, I'll ask a better question. How SPECIFICALLY should snipers (and shotguns, though from what I see they aren't as troublesome) be tweaked. I need more than just a "nerf their damage".
Sevin  Member 5 Aug 22 at 5:13pm
(5 Aug 22 at 5:01pm)[DEFN] Sentinel Wrote: I'll reiterate that this seems more an issue regarding the weapons I DIDN'T nerf, not the concept of the nerf itself.

Following that reasoning, I'll ask a better question. How SPECIFICALLY should snipers (and shotguns, though from what I see they aren't as troublesome) be tweaked. I need more than just a "nerf their damage".

You nerfed most guns by dropping their damage by like 40%, right?
Carbonated Carbon  VIP 5 Aug 22 at 5:18pm
While some weapons do feel a bit worse I think they rather than completely reverting the TTK update it would be better to tweak the weapons that feel like garbage to feel better to use. With this update CvR has become a lot more forgiving and in my opinion, more enjoyable as a whole since I don't instantly die as soon as I turn a corner and have some sort of chance to win and engagement at a reasonable range.
A way that snipers can be adjusted so they don't feel so dominant is to increase their time to scope, making it harder to jump out of cover, scope in and headshot someone, and a way to deal with CQC sniping could be to make it so they deal maybe like half damage at any range closer than 10 meters or something.
Overall I feel that undoing these changes will just make the game feel awkward with it's mixture of slowish movement but low TTK and makes the game less enjoyable.
Sevin  Member 5 Aug 22 at 5:24pm Edited
(5 Aug 22 at 5:13pm)[DEFN] Sentinel Wrote: 15 damage

So, like 40 to 35. Okay. (GOD OH FUCK THATS SO MUCH)

(5 Aug 22 at 5:01pm)[DEFN] Sentinel Wrote: I'll reiterate that this seems more an issue regarding the weapons I DIDN'T nerf, not the concept of the nerf itself.

Weapons that are most problematic so balance are the ones that can one shot. Making them no longer one shot can absolutely ruin them, but they absolutely dominate now that all other weapons kill so slow.
Kyle The Killer  Member 5 Aug 22 at 5:24pm
Snipers for the most part are in a good spot right now, which is obviously a bit controversial. Either sniper is underpowered and gets shredded by ALMOST every class if headshots aren't hit, or they consistently dominate open areas or close quarters. While this may be an issue, I suggest that Snipers get a CQC damage penalty at close ranges and get back to full damage at their intended range. As other games have addressed the issue, decreasing the hip-fire accuracy can lead to more positive results, making CQC less viable and less rewarding than to setting up and covering an area from a distance. While the damage seems to be outrageous to the majority, after the tweaks and adjustments, it should fit a niche role as the shotguns and pistols do. To summarize it up, there should be changes that decentivise using the sniper for anything other than it's intended purpose, then it could feel balanced and just to be beaten by the class.
Bel1ve.  VIP 5 Aug 22 at 5:27pm Edited
Make sniper ADS longer : D

idk about shotgun
  • 30 participants