Immediately revert or greatly decrease TTK update

Sevin  Member 5 Aug 22 at 5:27pm Edited
(5 Aug 22 at 5:18pm)Carbonated Carbon Wrote: -1
While some weapons do feel a bit worse I think they rather than completely reverting the TTK update it would be better to tweak the weapons that feel like garbage to feel better to use. With this update CvR has become a lot more forgiving and in my opinion, more enjoyable as a whole since I don't instantly die as soon as I turn a corner and have some sort of chance to win and engagement at a reasonable range.
A way that snipers can be adjusted so they don't feel so dominant is to increase their time to scope, making it harder to jump out of cover, scope in and headshot someone, and a way to deal with CQC sniping could be to make it so they deal maybe like half damage at any range closer than 10 meters or something.
Overall I feel that undoing these changes will just make the game feel awkward with it's mixture of slowish movement but low TTK and makes the game less enjoyable.

I think it would be best to fix snipers. without adding some new mechanic.
And CQC sniping isn't the only problem they are overpowered at every range now. Machine guns just can't compete
Carbonated Carbon  VIP 5 Aug 22 at 5:44pm
Why would machineguns compete with snipers? That doesn't make much sense to me, whats the point of a sniper if it can be outperformed or threatened by a machinegun. There are many ways to take out a sniper and they don't need better weapons or using skill to outperform them. If you look only to a machine gun to take down a sniper then you need to learn you have legs and alternate paths to get to closer to them, which is then where CQC sniping becomes a problem, hence why I made my suggestion of decreasing damage at closer ranges. This isn't entirely a new mechanic as it was used in the last weapon pack as sweet spots, which did suck, but I think it can work to balance snipers if it is done right and isn't as intrusive as before.
DeToXic  VIP 5 Aug 22 at 5:45pm Edited
from my experience, the TTK decrease didn't change anything fundamentally but the fact that now fights and engagements take longer time, which i find it more enjoyable
and from what i've seen it made the map more 50/50 and now shotguns seem more competent at their intended range. before the TTK change ARs and SMGs competed against shotguns to the point the majority preferred using a inventory weapon
ARs and SMGs still excel at combat, i can't really see where people come from when they say they suck

sniper riffles and DMRs currently are an exception, not the rule. they currently are too powerful and like Sent said he's working on it
imo, they should only perform well when someone headshots. decreasing bodyshot damage to something pitiful like 50 and the headshot multipler going to something like 7
makes CQC extremely hard, makes in general sniping require more skill and less infuriating to go against, if he misses you know there's a sniper without him eating away half your health (you can even challenge him if he's that bad with a AR), makes headshotting as a sniper extremely rewarding for players who know what they are doing plus if the guy somehow pulls off a CQC headshot on you with a scope then you know he's been playing for a good while and he's competent so you should take precautions next time going against him

yeah by the way remove sniper riffles and DMRs their sights that are not actual sniper scopes, this will prevent people from CQC'ing also because they can't aim just like a AR
Sevin  Member 5 Aug 22 at 5:47pm
I have an idea for a mechanic, but for a start...
The corvus does 245 base. I think 180 would be better.
Magnum  Certified Gamemaster VIP 5 Aug 22 at 5:50pm
Currently, I think snipers don't suffer from too much damage, or too much close range accuracy, but instead have too quick of a bolt cycle. Both the AX50 and Corvus deal around 240 damage and have around the same firing speed as the M870. I suggest making the time between sniper shots lower, so that people actually have time to get the fuck out of the way, instead of just being follow up shotted a second later, potentially with a 20-30 damage nerf. Cross sniper is fine as is.
Sevin  Member 5 Aug 22 at 5:53pm Edited
The dragunov needs a nerf too in my opinion.

(5 Aug 22 at 5:44pm)Carbonated Carbon Wrote: Why would machineguns compete with snipers? That doesn't make much sense to me, whats the point of a sniper if it can be outperformed or threatened by a machinegun. There are many ways to take out a sniper and they don't need better weapons or using skill to outperform them. If you look only to a machine gun to take down a sniper then you need to learn you have legs and alternate paths to get to closer to them, which is then where CQC sniping becomes a problem, hence why I made my suggestion of decreasing damage at closer ranges. This isn't entirely a new mechanic as it was used in the last weapon pack as sweet spots, which did suck, but I think it can work to balance snipers if it is done right and isn't as intrusive as before.

I mainly talking about midrange. Yes, snipers should be superior at long ranges, but machine guns should be at least somewhat comparable to them at mid-range.

(5 Aug 22 at 5:50pm)Magnum Wrote: Currently, I think snipers don't suffer from too much damage, or too much close range accuracy, but instead have too quick of a bolt cycle. Both the AX50 and Corvus deal around 240 damage and have around the same firing speed as the M870. I suggest making the time between sniper shots lower, so that people actually have time to get the fuck out of the way, instead of just being follow up shotted a second later, potentially with a 20-30 damage nerf. Cross sniper is fine as is.

Fire rate doesn't matter if they one-shot most of the time. And i'm not talking about head shots.
Bel1ve.  VIP 5 Aug 22 at 6:39pm
(5 Aug 22 at 5:47pm)Sevin Wrote: I have an idea for a mechanic, but for a start...

No one is going to agree with this bruh wtf

you want snipers to 4 shot individuals?
Kyle The Killer  Member 5 Aug 22 at 6:43pm
Decreasing Damage overall sounds pretty not nice, Sniper's should have the ability to 1-3 shot someone at their intended range, and get rewarded for playing how the class is meant to be portrayed as.
Sevin  Member 5 Aug 22 at 6:49pm
(5 Aug 22 at 6:39pm)Bel1ve. Wrote:
(5 Aug 22 at 5:47pm)Sevin Wrote: I have an idea for a mechanic, but for a start...

No one is going to agree with this bruh wtf

you want snipers to 4 shot individuals?

Well I don't want smgs to 17 shot people, but here we are.
If I was going in line with how the other weapons got it, it would be 147.
Its only a 65-point difference. It should still consistently 2 shot, but less often kill with the first.

Would you say a flat 200 would be better? What's your idea?
  • 30 participants