Immediately revert or greatly decrease TTK update

• Pages (11):
  • Previous
  • Next
  •  
Bore/Sev  Head Administrator VIP 5 Aug 22 at 7:00pm
(5 Aug 22 at 6:58pm)Minishogun721 Wrote: oh god this thread fucking exploded not again

Sentinel is using it for focused feedback on snps so feedback away
Bel1ve.  VIP 5 Aug 22 at 7:04pm Edited
(5 Aug 22 at 6:49pm)Sevin Wrote:
(5 Aug 22 at 6:39pm)Bel1ve. Wrote:
(5 Aug 22 at 5:47pm)Sevin Wrote: I have an idea for a mechanic, but for a start...
The corvus does 245 base. I think 180 would be better.

No one is going to agree with this bruh wtf

you want snipers to 4 shot individuals?

Well I don't want smgs to 17 shot people, but here we are.
If I was going in line with how the other weapons got it, it would be 147.
Its only a 65-point difference. It should still consistently 2 shot, but less often kill with the first.

Would you say a flat 200 would be better? What's your idea?

200 seems way more ideal, it makes people who specifically go out to build a tanky class become a 3 shot required kill (if you don't run max damage perks)

Contrary to 145 which would literally be the worst outcome.

But the thing is, this is only talking about the corvet. Not the other snipers that exist in the game.
Sevin  Member 5 Aug 22 at 7:13pm
(5 Aug 22 at 7:04pm)Bel1ve. Wrote:
(5 Aug 22 at 5:47pm)Sevin Wrote: I have an idea for a mechanic, but for a start...

Its only a 65-point difference. It should still consistently 2 shot, but less often kill with the first.

200 seems way more ideal, it makes people who specifically go out to build a tanky class become a 3 shot required kill (if you don't run max damage perks)

But the thing is, this is only talking about the corvet. Not the other snipers that exist in the game.

I still think that 180 would kill in 3 shots if that's your goal. Its 540 in total.

The covus is a start. One at a time is better than not at all, but yes, the other snipers need to be addressed.
ClapFlap  VIP 5 Aug 22 at 7:22pm Edited
I agree on 200, most of the time that i personally get one shots is because i use glass cannon so it would stop one shots from happening as often as long as they have full health.
and if i might add if the sniper is nerfed too much then the class will not be as useful since alot of the active parts of c13 and mainstr are not out in the open.
Not to say there isnt any open areas.
Bel1ve.  VIP 5 Aug 22 at 7:27pm Edited
(5 Aug 22 at 7:13pm)Sevin Wrote:
(5 Aug 22 at 7:04pm)Bel1ve. Wrote:

I still think that 180 would kill in 3 shots if that's your goal. Its 540 in total.

The covus is a start. One at a time is better than not at all, but yes, the other snipers need to be addressed.

Ask yourself how long you played as a sniper then read what you posted again.

(edit it didn't save idk why)

Snipers tend to impose the biggest issue when it comes to hitreg.

180 x 2 = 320 (this would still be easily tanked by your average cvr player since armor exists)
180 x 3 = 560 (yes you could kill most people but this would be guaranteed 3x shot on almost anyone most of the time)

180 would simply force you to 4 shot some units which is IMO too much, if you disagree that's fine but I feel like 200 is good enough as is.

Pretty sure the damage decrease any other gun has received wasn't as big as what you had suggested (245 -> 200)
Minishogun721  Server Administrator VIP 5 Aug 22 at 7:34pm
Snipers are very difficult to play properly, only one that really needs a nerf is Marksman since it's a semi-auto. Way more concerned about shotguns tho, ESPECIALLY RU/riot
[DEFN] Sentinel  President 5 Aug 22 at 7:35pm
Marksman was the only one that was nerfed in the ttk update lol. It lost 15 damage
Minishogun721  Server Administrator VIP 5 Aug 22 at 7:37pm
(5 Aug 22 at 7:35pm)[DEFN] Sentinel Wrote: Marksman was the only one that was nerfed in the ttk update lol. It lost 15 damage

oh
Sevin  Member 5 Aug 22 at 7:46pm
(5 Aug 22 at 7:35pm)[DEFN] Sentinel Wrote: Marksman was the only one that was nerfed in the ttk update lol. It lost 15 damage

That may not be enough.
McCoy  VIP 5 Aug 22 at 8:33pm
Dragunov dealt 162 DMG before when attachments were used, now it's 148, it's a DMR, what do you expect it's purpose to be? Unlike the other sniper rifles it's pretty balanced now
  • Pages (11):
  • Previous
  • Next
  •  
  • 30 participants