Immediately revert or greatly decrease TTK update

Santa  Server Moderator VIP 5 Aug 22 at 9:14pm
heres a weird idea...instead of running straight down the sniper sightline, dying, and going 'DAE SNIPER KILLED ME IN 1 SHOT HOW IS THAT FAIR!!!!111!!1'. How about you instead use one of the million different flank routes on the map...like literally there are so many its fucking annoying. And I know people know this already because i get flanked like its going out of style. Also hears another cool fact..when you hit c you can see the damage falloff on your gun!!!! So engaging that sniper 80m away with your 40 damage rifle is probably pointless. Please dont come after snipers and marksmen for taking advantage of your skill issue.
Minishogun721  VIP 5 Aug 22 at 9:30pm
Did this mothafucka just use skill issue unironically
Sevin  Member 5 Aug 22 at 9:34pm
(5 Aug 22 at 9:14pm)Jimeal Wrote: heres a weird idea...instead of running straight down the sniper sightline, dying, and going 'DAE SNIPER KILLED ME IN 1 SHOT HOW IS THAT FAIR!!!!111!!1'. How about you instead use one of the million different flank routes on the map...like literally there are so many its fucking annoying. And I know people know this already because i get flanked like its going out of style. Also hears another cool fact..when you hit c you can see the damage falloff on your gun!!!! So engaging that sniper 80m away with your 40 damage rifle is probably pointless. Please dont come after snipers and marksmen for taking advantage of your skill issue.

Snipers are able you consistently win fights against machine guns at close range now. The TTK update has nerfed most weapons but not snipers, making them much more powerful by comparison. They have the ability to kill instantly (or at least heavily damage) while other guns take well over a second now.
An Even Wilder Egg  Member 5 Aug 22 at 9:36pm
now that this thread turned into "nerf snipers", how about this - make an actual efficient way to get close to snipers in order to negate their biggest advantage (having a gun that has a long-ass damage fall-off)????

you can tweak dmr/sniper damage as much as you want, but in the end it will still stay a boomstick that kills you across the entire map while you're not able to do anything about it
Sevin  Member 5 Aug 22 at 9:38pm
(5 Aug 22 at 9:30pm)Minishogun721 Wrote: Did this mothafucka just use skill issue unironically

That makes 2 so far in this thread.
Santa  Server Moderator VIP 5 Aug 22 at 10:49pm Edited
How about this...

increase ads (thank you ghost)
increase hipfire spread (already done thanks setinel)
keep damage the same (thank you kyle)

punish snipers for allowing people to sneak up on them, keep them powerful in their range
Alma Armas likes this post
Alma Armas  VIP 5 Aug 22 at 11:16pm
(5 Aug 22 at 10:49pm)Jimeal Wrote: How about this...

punish snipers for allowing people to sneak up on them, keep them powerful in their range

While I like all of them, increasing the ADS time would result in snipers having to stay scoped in, and with the glint that becomes a huge hassle.

Insteaf of ADS, snipers could deal no damage within 20 meters or 180 damage at 20 meters, that way it would not deteriorate their long range capabilities
Sevin  Member 6 Aug 22 at 12:04am
(5 Aug 22 at 11:16pm)Alma Armas Wrote:
(5 Aug 22 at 10:49pm)Jimeal Wrote: How about this...

While I like all of them, increasing the ADS time would result in snipers having to stay scoped in, and with the glint that becomes a huge hassle.

Insteaf of ADS, snipers could deal no damage within 20 meters or 180 damage at 20 meters, that way it would not deteriorate their long range capabilities

Let's just lower the damage for now and see what that does. I think that's all we need. We can add the distance requirement later if we need to.
Santa  Server Moderator VIP 6 Aug 22 at 12:07am
spoiler: im not a game dev...nor am i a cvr dev...finding the right ads increase would require hours and hours of stresstesting to find the goldilocks zone

If we assume that snipers are unkillable beasts at long range how does scope glint affect that? They already have scope glint...unless these guys are hipfiring from 90m away they literally CANNOT kill someone without scope glint. If they are scoped in watching a point they already have scope glint. If they're quickscoping and jumping away (already harder with lunge nerf) then they would have to deal with a small increase in ttk and would very likely still not die to the attacker (assuming theyre not a sniper and at long range). This is due two reasons, damage falloff and recoil. An ADS increase would not affect a snipers ability to kill at long range.

A close range battle should now be somewhat sided towards the midrange/shortrange attacker. The attacker should be able to get multiple shots that are now not affected by damage falloff and should have very little recoil...hopefully killing the sniper. The sniper, if skilled, has a chance to get one headshot off before they likely die. An ADS increase provides a bigger, but fairer, window for the attacker to kill the sniper.

A damage nerf at close range would make battles for snipers completely unfair, their window to kill at close range would be probably 4-5 times what a rifle/smg/shotgun could do. Nobody wants this. Snipers would be completely useless outside their range.

**BONUS** shoot yourself with a sniper at long range....shoot yourself with a sniper at close range...which one hurts more???
Sevin  Member 6 Aug 22 at 12:23am
(6 Aug 22 at 12:07am)Jimeal Wrote: spoiler: im not a game dev...nor am i a cvr dev...finding the right ads increase would require hours and hours of stresstesting to find the goldilocks zone

If we assume that snipers are unkillable beasts at long range how does scope glint affect that? They already have scope glint...unless these guys are hipfiring from 90m away they literally CANNOT kill someone without scope glint. If they are scoped in watching a point they already have scope glint. If they're quickscoping and jumping away (already harder with lunge nerf) then they would have to deal with a small increase in ttk and would very likely still not die to the attacker (assuming theyre not a sniper and at long range). This is due two reasons, damage falloff and recoil. An ADS increase would not affect a snipers ability to kill at long range.

A close range battle should now be somewhat sided towards the midrange/shortrange attacker. The attacker should be able to get multiple shots that are now not affected by damage falloff and should have very little recoil...hopefully killing the sniper. The sniper, if skilled, has a chance to get one headshot off before they likely die. An ADS increase provides a bigger, but fairer, window for the attacker to kill the sniper.

A damage nerf at close range would make battles for snipers completely unfair, their window to kill at close range would be probably 4-5 times what a rifle/smg/shotgun could do. Nobody wants this. Snipers would be completely useless outside their range.

**BONUS** shoot yourself with a sniper at long range....shoot yourself with a sniper at close range...which one hurts more???

So, you want damage to stay the same? We can still hip fire at close-range. 245 damage is quite a lot to catching in the ribs.

I really don't like the idea of increasing the ads. I already find aiming in super slow.

Also, how things work IRL is irrelevant.
  • 30 participants