Immediately revert or greatly decrease TTK update

Santa  Server Moderator VIP 6 Aug 22 at 1:21am Edited
(6 Aug 22 at 12:23am)Sevin Wrote:
(6 Aug 22 at 12:07am)Jimeal Wrote: spoiler: im not a game dev...nor am i a cvr dev...finding the right ads increase would require hours and hours of stresstesting to find the goldilocks zone

If we assume that snipers are unkillable beasts at long range how does scope glint affect that? They already have scope glint...unless these guys are hipfiring from 90m away they literally CANNOT kill someone without scope glint. If they are scoped in watching a point they already have scope glint. If they're quickscoping and jumping away (already harder with lunge nerf) then they would have to deal with a small increase in ttk and would very likely still not die to the attacker (assuming theyre not a sniper and at long range). This is due two reasons, damage falloff and recoil. An ADS increase would not affect a snipers ability to kill at long range.

A close range battle should now be somewhat sided towards the midrange/shortrange attacker. The attacker should be able to get multiple shots that are now not affected by damage falloff and should have very little recoil...hopefully killing the sniper. The sniper, if skilled, has a chance to get one headshot off before they likely die. An ADS increase provides a bigger, but fairer, window for the attacker to kill the sniper.

A damage nerf at close range would make battles for snipers completely unfair, their window to kill at close range would be probably 4-5 times what a rifle/smg/shotgun could do. Nobody wants this. Snipers would be completely useless outside their range.

**BONUS** shoot yourself with a sniper at long range....shoot yourself with a sniper at close range...which one hurts more???

So, you want damage to stay the same? We can still hip fire at close-range. 245 damage is quite a lot to catching in the ribs.

I really don't like the idea of increasing the ads. I already find aiming in super slow.

Also, how things work IRL is irrelevant.

A. Yes, damage should stay the same, read my post again.
B. Check #dev-updates, hipfire accuracy is way less accurate now. Problem solved.
C. 245 Damage is not a one shot. Problem solved.
D. Please read my entire post...again, ADS would not be increased for ALL guns, just for snipers. This is to make ttk for close range attacks hopefully somewhat more challenging for the sniper, but still possible. We aren't aiming to completely destroy a weapons effectiveness, just discourage a certain playstyle.
Game Boy  VIP 6 Aug 22 at 2:59am
Jesus Christ you guys are on 7 pages of replies
Minishogun721  VIP 6 Aug 22 at 6:22am
Fuck me i dont even think my shitty old ban appeal got this long
Bel1ve.  VIP 6 Aug 22 at 7:09am Edited
(6 Aug 22 at 12:23am)Sevin Wrote:
(6 Aug 22 at 12:07am)Jimeal Wrote: spoiler: im not a game dev...nor am i a cvr dev...finding the right ads increase would require hours and hours of stresstesting to find the goldilocks zone

If we assume that snipers are unkillable beasts at long range how does scope glint affect that? They already have scope glint...unless these guys are hipfiring from 90m away they literally CANNOT kill someone without scope glint. If they are scoped in watching a point they already have scope glint. If they're quickscoping and jumping away (already harder with lunge nerf) then they would have to deal with a small increase in ttk and would very likely still not die to the attacker (assuming theyre not a sniper and at long range). This is due two reasons, damage falloff and recoil. An ADS increase would not affect a snipers ability to kill at long range.

A close range battle should now be somewhat sided towards the midrange/shortrange attacker. The attacker should be able to get multiple shots that are now not affected by damage falloff and should have very little recoil...hopefully killing the sniper. The sniper, if skilled, has a chance to get one headshot off before they likely die. An ADS increase provides a bigger, but fairer, window for the attacker to kill the sniper.

A damage nerf at close range would make battles for snipers completely unfair, their window to kill at close range would be probably 4-5 times what a rifle/smg/shotgun could do. Nobody wants this. Snipers would be completely useless outside their range.

**BONUS** shoot yourself with a sniper at long range....shoot yourself with a sniper at close range...which one hurts more???

So, you want damage to stay the same? We can still hip fire at close-range. 245 damage is quite a lot to catching in the ribs.

I really don't like the idea of increasing the ads. I already find aiming in super slow.

Also, how things work IRL is irrelevant.

By that logic and what alma said, any non dmr sniper should deal 0 damage beyond 70m.

See how you like that.
Alma Armas  VIP 6 Aug 22 at 7:58am Edited
Bel1ve. ' Wrote: By that logic and what alma said, any non dmr sniper should deal 0 damage beyond 70m.

See how you like that.

What, no.

I said snipers should deal less damage, around 180 if it's WITHIN 10-20-30 meters or something and should deal their normal damage beyond that.

Or they should deal 180 damage in general but have higher headshot multiplier or damage
Bel1ve.  VIP 6 Aug 22 at 8:44am
"Instead of ADS, snipers could deal no damage within 20 meters or 180 damage at 20 meters, that way it would not deteriorate their long range capabilities" - Alma
DeToXic  VIP 6 Aug 22 at 11:05am
I like how everyone completely ignores my suggestion
Bel1ve. likes this post
Sevin  Member 6 Aug 22 at 1:29pm Edited
(5 Aug 22 at 5:45pm)DeToXic Wrote: from my experience, the TTK decrease didn't change anything fundamentally but the fact that now fights and engagements take longer time, which i find it more enjoyable
and from what i've seen it made the map more 50/50 and now shotguns seem more competent at their intended range. before the TTK change ARs and SMGs competed against shotguns to the point the majority preferred using a inventory weapon
ARs and SMGs still excel at combat, i can't really see where people come from when they say they suck

sniper riffles and DMRs currently are an exception, not the rule. they currently are too powerful and like Sent said he's working on it
imo, they should only perform well when someone headshots. decreasing bodyshot damage to something pitiful like 50 and the headshot multipler going to something like 7
makes CQC extremely hard, makes in general sniping require more skill and less infuriating to go against, if he misses you know there's a sniper without him eating away half your health (you can even challenge him if he's that bad with a AR), makes headshotting as a sniper extremely rewarding for players who know what they are doing plus if the guy somehow pulls off a CQC headshot on you with a scope then you know he's been playing for a good while and he's competent so you should take precautions next time going against him

yeah by the way remove sniper riffles and DMRs their sights that are not actual sniper scopes, this will prevent people from CQC'ing also because they can't aim just like a AR

50 damage a body shot makes me want to assassinate myself. I don't think it should require you to get head shots just to not be useless. It should still do a minimum of 100 damage at the very, very least.

I'm calling it now, the 3x hip fire spread won't change much. Right now, the map is stalker. You can't really feel the changes with how little CQC there is. A more urban map will be a better test.
Bel1ve.  VIP 6 Aug 22 at 2:06pm
(6 Aug 22 at 1:29pm)Sevin Wrote:
(5 Aug 22 at 5:45pm)DeToXic Wrote: from my experience, the TTK decrease didn't change anything fundamentally but the fact that now fights and engagements take longer time, which i find it more enjoyable
and from what i've seen it made the map more 50/50 and now shotguns seem more competent at their intended range. before the TTK change ARs and SMGs competed against shotguns to the point the majority preferred using a inventory weapon
ARs and SMGs still excel at combat, i can't really see where people come from when they say they suck

sniper riffles and DMRs currently are an exception, not the rule. they currently are too powerful and like Sent said he's working on it
imo, they should only perform well when someone headshots. decreasing bodyshot damage to something pitiful like 50 and the headshot multipler going to something like 7
makes CQC extremely hard, makes in general sniping require more skill and less infuriating to go against, if he misses you know there's a sniper without him eating away half your health (you can even challenge him if he's that bad with a AR), makes headshotting as a sniper extremely rewarding for players who know what they are doing plus if the guy somehow pulls off a CQC headshot on you with a scope then you know he's been playing for a good while and he's competent so you should take precautions next time going against him

yeah by the way remove sniper riffles and DMRs their sights that are not actual sniper scopes, this will prevent people from CQC'ing also because they can't aim just like a AR

50 damage a body shot makes me want to assassinate myself. I don't think it should require you to get head shots just to not be useless. It should still do a minimum of 100 damage at the very, very least.

I'm calling it now, the 3x hip fire spread won't change much. Right now, the map is stalker. You can't really feel the changes with how little CQC there is. A more urban map will be a better test.

It hasn't done much.
  • 30 participants