Immediately revert or greatly decrease TTK update

Sevin  Member 6 Aug 22 at 3:23pm
PAGE 8 CAN WE DO 9
[DEFN] Sentinel  President 6 Aug 22 at 3:27pm
I agree with Sevin that making snipers more reliant on headshots is an objection of reality, considering that this is a game from 2004. People already complain about hitreg enough as is, let's not make it an even bigger issue.

I'm currently deciding between:
A. Less damage up close (not the sweetspot mechanic, I mean just a straight ramp up from half to full damage at 25 meters or something)
B. Just making snipers do like 20 to 30 less damage. (Would probably not be as big a decrease for the Dragunov for obvious reasons)
Sevin  Member 6 Aug 22 at 3:43pm
(6 Aug 22 at 3:27pm)[DEFN] Sentinel Wrote: I agree with Sevin that making snipers more reliant on headshots is an objection of reality, considering that this is a game from 2004. People already complain about hitreg enough as is, let's not make it an even bigger issue.

I'm currently deciding between:
A. Less damage up close (not the sweetspot mechanic, I mean just a straight ramp up from half to full damage at 25 meters or something)
B. Just making snipers do like 20 to 30 less damage. (Would probably not be as big a decrease for the Dragunov for obvious reasons)

I say B. 200-ish damage sounds good.
The damage ramp up, or any other sniper gimmick, sounds like a huge headache in a lot of ways. I'm not saying it can't work, just that lowering the damage would be a lot easier.
It would be best to try both on the server and observer the effects instead of guessing them.
[DEFN] Sentinel  President 6 Aug 22 at 4:57pm Edited
What about CROSS's M24? it already only does 208 damage. And if it isn't touched, but the other snipers are, that'd kinda just make cross a better default sniping class.

And if it were to get a 40 damage nerf, thatd put it at 160 something. Which is hardly usable for a bolt
Sevin  Member 6 Aug 22 at 6:50pm
(6 Aug 22 at 4:57pm)[DEFN] Sentinel Wrote: What about CROSS's M24? it already only does 208 damage. And if it isn't touched, but the other snipers are, that'd kinda just make cross a better default sniping class.

And if it were to get a 40 damage nerf, thatd put it at 160 something. Which is hardly usable for a bolt

I thought cross had a semi-auto. How fast is the firing rate. Is it like the corvus?
[DEFN] Sentinel  President 6 Aug 22 at 6:51pm
I'll leave a cross to answer that, they can give a better answer
Carbonated Carbon  VIP 6 Aug 22 at 8:19pm
The CROSS is a bolt action that can do around 221 with all the damage increasing attachments and if I remember correctly with no attachments it does around 210 or 216 damage, I'm pretty sure the bolt cycling speed is faster than the Corvus but I cannot verify that as I have never used the Corvus, but it doesn't really fire fast at all, you can maybe get like 1 shot per ever second or second and a half, at least thats what it feels like.
⸎Castiel⸎  Member 6 Aug 22 at 8:21pm Edited
Having the M24 do 160 damage would be unbearable. While the M24 has a slightly faster cycle rate than the SNP / Ranger snipers it would not constitute a 40 dmg nerf. When the M24 was originally given to CROSS it did around 30 less damage and it was unviable in almost all situations. I believe the best way to balance snipers overall is to make them do significantly less damage when shooting at people close quarters (0-25m) and full damage when past that range. This would keep all sniper classes playing at a range where they're suppose to be.
Alma Armas likes this post
Bel1ve.  VIP 6 Aug 22 at 8:48pm
orrrrrrrrrr increase scope in time of snipers
Santa  Server Moderator VIP 6 Aug 22 at 9:27pm
please just listen to ghost on this one....making them completely useless at close range is way too harsh of a change...a higher hipfire penalty and higher scope in time would fix the problem just as well
  • 30 participants