Immediately revert or greatly decrease TTK update

• Pages (11):
  • Previous
  • Next
  •  
TheRedSky  Affairs Counselor Member VIP 6 Aug 22 at 9:51pm Edited
Wow it looks like this post blew up the last time I checked it.

I'm seeing a lot of comments on the draganov so let me clear the air a bit. 

A) Yes, gun can 1 shot headshot low health units, provided they aren't using armor and they aren't more than 70 meters away- its falls off earlier than the other snipers in the game.
B) At 70 meters, the tankier units in the game take 2 headshots, 3 with 80~100 armor.  (or 4 body shots, 5 with armor). 
C) With recent attachment changes as well as hip-fire spread, I would argue that the gun leaves you much more exposed- and is much harder to use in cqc. 
I would like some more adjustments to ads/hipfire to improve the experience for all on the server, but lowering the damage anymore would make it extremely difficult to use for people in marksman. 

On topics of other snipers:

Its not exactly my place to speak on other units, the only thing I would really worry about is class counterparts. Quite simply m24 isn't a dmr, but it has a fast bolt to try and compensate for that. This can lead to strange balancing where marksmen can fire shot after shot while the cross needs to wait on the re-bolt.
The other one would be sniper vs ranger, right now the AX50 has the base damage of 243 damage. Sniper enlisted has 240 health, which means that if snipers don't run armor/dr/health they can find themselves at a disadvantage counter sniping. 

Next, better headshot multipliers:

I've suggested this numerous times throughout my time in CvR, however its the unfortunate fact that not everyone who plays CvR lives near the server, and until we find some way to better optimize (there isn't atm) (64x launch for gmod PLEASE GARRY) its unlikely that this will be added. 

On the topic of shotguns: 

UNIRONICALLY, I would say that lowering the headshot multiplier but modifying the damage would be the way to go. At the moment - center mass doesnt make sense to run due to losing out on that massive one shot headshot potential. Otherwise changing pellets/damage dropoff/damage/pump mechanics might seem nice, but classes that are limited to those types of weapons want them to remain strong in cqc. 

two round burst for origin pls
Big Iron  Senior Infrastructure Moderator VIP 6 Aug 22 at 10:12pm
overall I think sniper is mostly fine where it is, the only problem is me shooting people in the noggin before they can kill me. then again I cant speak for all snipers because each sniper player has differing skill and playstyles but I think with a basic playstyle and better than average skill; that the sniper is fine right now.
Schizm  VIP 6 Aug 22 at 10:20pm
+1 to what castiel said, we have secondary slots for a reason

Signature:
MSO CROSS OfC-I Blitz

TheRedSky  Affairs Counselor Member VIP 6 Aug 22 at 10:34pm
A strange take, needless to say but not everyone has VIP or should need it to enjoy the server. If the map ever cycles to a map that favors long range units it doesn't mean that everyone else needs to eat it, but vice versa snipers shouldn't be unplayable if it cycles to something that favors CQC.

I will like to quickly mention that we have had something similar on the server before, snipers had a mechanic called sweet spot where damage would ramp up with more range before dropping off past 70~80 meters. It was not well received by the community so I'm worried about throwing in a mechanic that makes snipers deal significantly less damage at close range again. The goal here is to make them harder not useless, it's between CoD quick scoping and tarkov hard-scoping. We need to find a solution that works for all us.
doggod  Member 6 Aug 22 at 10:42pm Edited
(6 Aug 22 at 10:34pm)TheRedSky Wrote: I will like to quickly mention that we have had something similar on the server before, snipers had a mechanic called sweet spot where damage would ramp up with more range before dropping off past 70~80 meters. It was not well received by the community so I'm worried about throwing in a mechanic that makes snipers deal significantly less damage at close range again.

I think a sweet spot-type mechanic may not be very bad if it's a sudden spike up to full damage if that makes any sense. Old sweet spot had a very small range in which you could deal the max amount of damage, I think it could make a decent return if it's kept in mind that CQC is the problem.
Sevin  Member 6 Aug 22 at 11:25pm Edited
Whatever we decided, I'd like to lower Ranger and sniper's damage by at least a few points.
Ranger and sniper do 243 and 245 base respectively and have 240 hp, meaning we can one-shot body-shot each other. That is, without any health perks or armor.
When I, a sniper, fight rangers, I am basically forced to equip some armor or a health perk or I put myself at a massive disadvantage. I really wish this wasn't the case.

(6 Aug 22 at 9:27pm)Jimeal Wrote: please just listen to ghost on this one....making them completely useless at close range is way too harsh of a change...a higher hipfire penalty and higher scope in time would fix the problem just as well

(6 Aug 22 at 8:48pm)Bel1ve. Wrote: orrrrrrrrrr increase scope in time of snipers

I feel like that would make sniper V sniper fights very unfun.
AbsentPulse  VIP 7 Aug 22 at 4:11am
Jesus this post has turned into quite the conundrum.
So my 2 cents.
I think that as it stands snipers are way too good. Now that being said they shouldn't be nerfed into the ground but they do need a slight nerf. I'm afraid fixing cqc sniping does not fix the root issue of snipers being too good right now.
I feel the argument of "don't peek" or "get good" don't hold up. When it comes to combat, snipers should have the edge in long range combat, but they shouldn't be untouchable. I think a flat damage nerf of like 20 maybe a little more could be the best idea. Now at the end of the day if this doesn't work, or snipers become worse than paper mache than the change can be reverted. I don't see why everyone is afraid of these changes. Small tweaks like scope time is not going to fix the damage issues. It is only going to create more problems for snipers v snipers.
Snipers have been in bad spots believe me when I say I don't want them to be really shit, but I don't want to play when every lane ESPECIALLY on mainstreet is a point and click adventure game

Signature:
Union Overseer CmD Pulse
OSS REGICIDE Oryx

Stealing from Sev since 1987
Bel1ve.  VIP 7 Aug 22 at 5:32am Edited
Scope in time would fix any encounter issue that was mentioned not just sniper v sniper. what do you mean lol
Sevin  Member 7 Aug 22 at 1:09pm Edited
(7 Aug 22 at 5:32am)Bel1ve. Wrote: Scope in time would fix any encounter issue that was mentioned not just sniper v sniper. what do you mean lol

I'm afraid this would make the winner of sniper dules always the person who scoped in first.

(PAGE 10! LETS GOOOO!!! WE WRIGHTING A FUCKING NOVEL BOYS!!)
  • Pages (11):
  • Previous
  • Next
  •  
  • 30 participants