A: EOWA SqL Spectre

Discord Username:
A: Anti#0005

Steam ID:
A: STEAM_0:1:178251545

Workshop Link: (If applicable)
A: N/A

What is your suggestion?
A: Let the S key not be affected by the speed de-buff.

How would this benefit the server?
A: If you're caught in a fight that you know you can't win, you're pretty much screwed since you either need your back fully turned to get your full speed, or move using S while looking back which pretty much guarantees you dying due to the slow mobility. Overall it removes some clunkiness in the movement system and shouldn't take away from the purpose of the speed de-buff's implementation since you're only going in one direction.

Signature:
[Image: 77b0b18e08493736a39b5ef74e5f387c.png]
INEEDEXCLAMATIONMARK likes this post
INEEDEXCLAMATIONMARK  Banned 26 May 22 at 10:22pm
+1 ive had to turn my back to run to a better position during a fight and i would just get shot down by a sniper due to the fact that i cant see them behind me
Chad The Impaler  Server Administrator VIP 27 May 22 at 9:02am
-1 I don’t really think backpedaling should be so easy to do, especially if you’ve gotten yourself into a situation where you are outnumbered, as if you fall into something like that, alone, without knowing there is a large body of people there, then you asked for it.
bee21  Server Administrator VIP 27 May 22 at 10:57am
-1 aw hell naww think about where youre going look at the map listen to gunshots GET S<ARTER IDIOT!!!
Sevin  Member 27 May 22 at 6:16pm
So if im understanding this right, if your movement speed is slow enough, you would go faster by moon walking everywhere?
Anti yes  Member 29 May 22 at 10:54pm Edited
No, it's about this. The speed didn't change no matter which direction you were going, and in this case, it's to revert the change to walking backwards.

-Sprinting left, right, or backward is now 25% slower than sprinting forward. This does not affect sprinting forward diagonally ( shift + w + a/d)
This is to make rapidly changing movement directions in combat much less effective at desyncing hitboxes.
  • 6 participants