Loaf's GM Application 2, electric boogaloo

Loaf of Tomatoes  Member 30 Nov 20 at 1:25pm Edited
Full Ingame Name(s)
RES SNP PVT Loaf
RU TR Loaf
H.E.C.U Honorary Loaf
MPF CROSS L-I 09 6419
OVA FOXTROT A-II TR 04 6419
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
SteamID & Discord Name/Tag
Loaf of Tomatoes#5598
STEAM_0:0:105079907

What Region are you located in? What's your timezone?
CST

Previous Punishments?
Warns for:
Racism (It was ironic)
Spawncamp
TK
FailRP
--------------------------
Bans:
Banned for a month for Staff Obstruction (It's a very long story)
Was reduced to 2 weeks.

What's your reason for becoming Gamemaster?
Well I was a GM before and I liked the experience but since I was banned from the server I couldn't do the Activity Check

Have you ever been Event Staff or anything similar on other servers? If so please list below.
I've been GM on this server and that's it

Explain how you take criticism from other people, from constructive to border-line harassment.
Constuctive Criticism is good because I learn what would make my event bad and I can use that knowledge for future events. If its harassment though and they're being a dick about it with no logic or reason, they will have to deal with it whatever they're complaining about.

A Combine CmD has openly expressed their distaste for an event you're doing at that moment. It has gotten to the point where he is actively disrupting your event. What is your course of action?
First I would ask them to stop and if they don't I would take screenshots and vids, talk to server staff about it and, as well talk to their DvL about it.

A Resistance Fighter starts PMing you with some questions about a recent event you've done. However, because you were AFK, he has started harassing you. What is your course of action?
I would answer their questions while also telling them to be patient.

What are GM's permissions both inside and outside of events?
GM's can give cars to Civilians and Anarchists, Color stolen vehicles, give weapons, health, armor and ammo to people, spawn vehicles and spawn props.

You are hosting an important Post-Event DB and all of a sudden, the CO's ask you to leave so they can do their DB and exclude yours. What is your course of action?
I would try to wrap up my DB as quick as possible so I can let the CO's do their DB.

A Gamemaster who said he would be assisting you in an event later on today hasn't shown up and now the event is running behind schedule. What should you do?
Either ask another GM if they are on the server and if not, I would rather cancel the event to have a better one another day than have a super shitty event that everyone would hate.

After getting a green light on an event, you notice there are 3 vehicles deployed at once. It is causing a little lag, what is your course of action?
I would kindly ask the Drivers/Pilots and the CO's to undeploy their vehicles when they can, especially if it's a big event.

What's the process GM's take before making events, from start to finish. (This is what YOU think)
Well first they have to brainstorm an event that is relatively creative and original. Once they've figured out an event they can do, they have to figure out what props are gonna be used for the event, what commands you're going to use and if anyone is going to help you. As well they have to remember that they have a prop limit so they have to be creative with the building process IF they are building. Once they're done with that they need to get the permissions to host the event, and make sure the server is ready for said event. Once that's done they prepare on the server to start the event.

A Resistance Captain is openly criticizing your event when he isn't in the event itself. It has gotten to the point where he is interrupting your important adverts relating to the event. What should you do?
I would kindly ask for them to stop and if they keep going with it I would ask staff to mute them and as well send screenshots to their Majors about it.

How often do you think GM's should host events?
About once or twice a week, big or small.

List three events that you might do if you get accepted (DETAILED AND BE ORIGINAL) [Campaigans and RP Situations are EXCLUDED]
Alrighty lets get on with this
"Unknown Reinforcements"
[DETAILS]
Combine reinforcements have arrived at the location of the current battle, however, something seems up. Suddenly they don't take any sides and now attack both the Combine and the Rebels. It seems that a mysterious being has brainwashed these reinforcements to fight both factions. Both factions will fight to find whoever did this to the combine reinforcements, while also fighting each other. While they fight waves of oncoming brainwashed combine they get closer and closer to finding the culprit and when they do find "it", whoever caps the culprit first gets the event prize. This will be a mandatory event and basically everyone is going to be participating. Vehicles will not be allowed because I don't want a T90 to just blast away a shit ton of NPC's. 
[EDIT]
Elite units will also not be allowed because I don't want a JUGG/OSS to blast millions of npc's themselves.

"Combine Supplied Terrorists"
[DETAILS]
A group of combine allied "Civilians" have been supplied with large amounts of Weaponry and Armor. A dispatch unit of Rebels have been sent out to take out these so called "Civilians" and their leader.  These civilians are armed to the TEETH with weaponry and have high amounts of HP and AP. Their goal is to protect their synthetic leader from the dispatch group of rebels coming to take them down. There will be a total of 7 Civilians which consist of 6 Guards and 1 Leader. The dispatch group of rebels will consist of 8 rebels, containing at least one or more CO's. If the Civilians can hold out for more than 10 minutes then they will recieve even more health and AP and will be able to keep their weapons. If the Rebels can take them out they will recieve extra HP and AP as well as a weapon of their choice.

And Lastly, just a fun small event
"Dodgeball"
[Details]

I'll have a group of 8 or 10 civies take part in this dodgeball event. Each of them will recieve a gravity gun and 2 or 3 players or GM's will be using the Rollermine pill to act like a dodgeball. There will be 2 team with equal amounts of civies and they will try to absolutely murder each other with the rollermines. Everytime a team loses all their members, the other team gets a point. Whoever gets 10 points wins.
[EDIT]
Instead of having to use gamemasters as rollermine pills I will instead use the actual roller mine npc's so that the rollermines always be moving.

Do you understand and accept the following clause: I will not leak staff information in gamemaster channels or otherwise. I will not abuse my powers in-game or otherwise. I must add [DEFN] to my steam username as soon as I get accepted.
Yes I understand

Do you understand the basics of ULX? (If so, list basic commands below)
Oh man here we go with the list
!HP
!armor
!ammo
!rocket
!explode
!slap
!whip
!goto
!bring
!cloak
!mute
!vote
!kick
!gag
!warn
!ban
!god
!administrate
!unadministrate
!noclip
!map
!jail
!ignite
!slay
!ragdoll
!strip
All Targets
* all
^ self
@ aiming at someone
$\ Steam ID
Kenny McCormick  VIP 30 Nov 20 at 1:32pm
+1
Although you got a relatively bad rep with the situations of the past, I can attest to you being a somewhat average gamemaster. The events aren't bad, however some have flaws that can easily be ironed out. Good luck nigga man.

Signature:
love me some lore
former hgm, npu dvl (sentry), lvet co
Echos  VIP 30 Nov 20 at 1:47pm
+1, what Kenny said

Signature:
Former Technician CO
Former KILO NCO
Former RF Squad CO
mantis  VIP 30 Nov 20 at 2:20pm
+1 Loaf is a pretty cool guy with good ideas.

Signature:
OVA SWAT OFC-II Mantis
[Image: caption.gif]
Sir Lenny likes this post
Redert  Server Moderator 30 Nov 20 at 2:44pm
Neutral. You know a lot about GM (you were past GM no shit) I don’t know if I can +1 it though. You have some stuff to iron out like Kenny said. Good luck.

Signature:
R&D COL
Honorary Shield
[DEFN] Vad  VIP 7 Dec 20 at 9:24am
+1
Pretty much what kenny said so I am not gonna repeat it. Also Funny AC-II 04 TR Foxthot
DeerDust  Certified Gamemaster VIP 7 Dec 20 at 10:28am
neutral
what Wizz said
BEEP BOP  VIP 7 Dec 20 at 1:25pm
Neutral leaning towards +1 Reason for being neutral is because of the ban leaning towards plus one because you were a previous GM
[DEFN] Aithead  Head Gamemaster VIP 12 Dec 20 at 5:31pm
Accepted.

Contact a Senior Gamemaster for retraining.

Signature:
Gamemaster Supervisor.

Ancient GRID CmD, prior SU Major/GB COL.

Credit to SEVIN.
[Image: 20220724145724_1.png]
OverGroth likes this post
  • 9 participants