E8 Journeyman Engineer Rendragon

Discord Username:
Rendragon#8141

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:12966469

What is your suggestion?
Give Pyro an extremely small delay before it sets a target on fire

How would this benefit the server?
Currently, two people running the Lord of Cinder synergy are completely unable to kill each other, even with otherwise one-shot weapons like the DP-12 due to the target being ignited by the Pyro perk before the damage is applied to them.  The solution, if implemented, would cause the damage to be delivered before the target is ignited and stopping the resultant stalemate where two opposing players are unable to fight each other.
[DEFN] Aithead  Head Gamemaster VIP 17 Oct 22 at 1:31am
or perhaps simply walking in an alternative direction would solve the issue, or waiting until their magazine runs out.

Signature:
Gamemaster Supervisor.

Ancient GRID CmD, prior SU Major/GB COL.

Credit to SEVIN.
[Image: 20220724145724_1.png]
Rendragon  Member 17 Oct 22 at 1:36am Edited
(17 Oct 22 at 1:31am)[DEFN] Aithead Wrote: or perhaps simply walking in an alternative direction would solve the issue, or waiting until their magazine runs out.

You misunderstand what I'm saying. When you shoot them, you will set them on fire before the damage is applied. Being on fire makes them invincible, thus the damage doesn't go through. The main thing is that if you have Pyro equipped, you cannot kill anyone using Flaming Chariot because the burn comes before the damage. If the damage came before the burn, it would negate the strange interaction of opposing players being unable to harm each other in any capacity.

To maybe make this simpler, imagine this. I have Pyro, you have Flaming Chariot.
I walk behind you and shoot you in the head with a weapon that does 9999 damage. Reasonably, you should die because the damage value should apply before the burn activation. This is currently not the case. The Pyro perk will activate and set you on fire, rendering you invulnerable to damage, before the hit subtracts from your health.

I mean to say it would improve combat and remove some very awkward moments with zero negative impact on anyone. I'm not super lua-savvy, but I think it would be as simple as a single delay() input.
[DEFN] Aithead  Head Gamemaster VIP 17 Oct 22 at 1:46am
Nah I get that, and i'm not really debating the value of such a change, i'm just saying that even in the absence of creating a delay on Pyro activation if there's a LOC stalemate then either;
A) Simply avoiding the problem by walking away
or
B) Conserving your ammo so you can kill your opponent when they run out

Are both viable options.

Signature:
Gamemaster Supervisor.

Ancient GRID CmD, prior SU Major/GB COL.

Credit to SEVIN.
[Image: 20220724145724_1.png]
Rendragon  Member 17 Oct 22 at 1:50am Edited
You could walk away, as is what we've done when this situation pops up. As for the second option, it doesn't work. I'm not saying we are standing there shooting each other. If you're AFK with Flaming Chariot(FC from here on out), I can't damage you if I have Pyro because me igniting you applies before me damaging you does.

EDIT: Anyways, not looking to argue in a thread. We can PM if there's any more confusion.
joe  Community Advisor VIP 25 Apr 23 at 1:23pm
Old/Outdated
Locked/Moved
  • 4 participants