M249 buff

Poll: +1 or -1
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
+1
83.33% 5 83.33%
16.67% 1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item.
bog bog bog man  VIP 30 Apr 19 at 9:31am
FULL RP Name(s):
A: Lambda Assassin (roman numerals that are always changing) nil + NPU SENTRY 06 1321

Discord Username:
A: jim#7015

Steam ID:
A: STEAM_0:1:23412081

Workshop Link: (If applicable)
A: bruhhhhhhh

What is your suggestion?
A: Buff the damage on the M249 as well as the aiming accuracy + recoil. Currently whenever I try to use the M249 as it was properly intented, for coverage and support of a chokehold, I always find that it's damage and recoil just make it horrible. Even if you opt for tap firing or bursts the recoil is still terrible, and the damage is comparable to a peck on the cheek. I do understand that at 375 kills you get the foregrip for it, which might make the recoil managable but still (for some reason) reduces accuracy and stability (odd). And the fact that you have to use it to get 375 kills just to compensate for the recoil is not what I want to be doing. You should be able to use your weapon well and then you can get your reward, but it's just so bad that you'll not get it in like 3 weeks of hatred and pain from using this thing.

It currently does 35 damage (LESS THAN THE MP5???)
It currently has 13 degrees of hipfire accuracy (acceptable) and 5 degrees of aiming accuracy (What????????)
It has a good firerate (940) that doesn't help it's recoil though. I'd be happy with a fire rate decrease as long as it meant that GOD AWFUL DAMAGE AND ACCURACY were buffed

How would this benefit the server?
A: Increasing weapon variety and usability ensures that NPU SENTRY has a unique weapon that can be used regardless of shop weapons (optional) and gives the players who can't use this junk weapon at the minute a real reason to start using it on the field
[DEFN] Combine Elite ( Umbra )  VIP 30 Apr 19 at 10:55am
The LMG is supposed to be a support gun, It's a stationary gun ( mainly for its purpose ) and it shouldnt have too much DMG. Its supposed to have them choked on an angle they can't do damage to other's with. The MP5 is supposed to be an SMG u kill with. DMG might also have decreased as it is a fucking 100 mag gun.

Signature:
Sex
[DEFN] Combine Elite ( Umbra )  VIP 30 Apr 19 at 12:24pm
I have used it and i feel like its perfect for that. It is supposed to hold points, Not be a running machine. Ur supposed to support and not get many kills. It also has a great recoil. Maybe the DMG drop off at range is bad but it isnt supposed to have much DMG for a 100 mag

Signature:
Sex
#1 Great Wooden Dad  Member 30 Apr 19 at 12:47pm
I mean he said he tried doing that before with its support role but doesnt seem to do much but okay then retard
bog bog bog man  VIP 30 Apr 19 at 1:56pm
@umbra Okay so that's literally what I have been doing. I've found that weapons like the AKs, P90s, M4s, etc are better and they could literally just laser you if you even tried to use it for holding chokepoints some dude would come out and just headshot you. I feel like the M249 should actually be feared when it's suppressing a spot and have some kind of power to it meaning you can actively hold down the spots. Reload times are for you to be targetted. It's stupid when people just peek and insta you when you're firing and your shots are hitting some random wall 200 meters away instead of your target. And the effective range of an M249 is supposed to be better than an MP5, someone let me know if the effective range of an MP5 is higher than 0.36k. That's when it's not good because the M249 has a muzzle velocity of around 900m/s, and the mp5 had 400m/s. That already coupled with the fact that the m249 does 2 damage less than the MP5 (mp5 uses 9mm bullets. the m249 uses 5.56mm.)
Raven  Community Advisor VIP 30 Apr 19 at 4:49pm
It's an LMG with a mag size of 100 rounds, you shouldn't expect a high damage output when you're using it as a support gun.

Signature:
Community Advisor
[Image: b1e12a2cdf553c121f41b0510fcb0033951fd417.gifv]
Destitute the :dab:  Chief Executive Officer VIP 30 Apr 19 at 6:30pm
Honestly the damage was likely to counter the high mag capacity and RoF. I doubt it'd be fun to fight against a 40 damage gun that can clear a whole room before needing to reload.

Signature:
Don't worry! The Yakuza 4 of us know what to do!

[Image: doomer.jpg]
bog bog bog man  VIP 1 May 19 at 3:00am
Would you be fine if the rate of fire was lowered then? That's what I'm up for so you can fire it without it bouncing around so much. Obviously 40+ Damage on a 940 rpm gun isn't good but if you lower it a bit say to around 650-750 rpm it'd be okay. Preferably, the damage scales with the RPM with negative correlation. (RPM goes down, Damage goes up)
I just want to make it so its damage is acceptable but balanced, and that the recoil and accuracy are managable
Adrian Dash  VIP 6 May 19 at 3:44pm
The M249 is weaker then the MK8, only MP Heavy can use the M249 (to my knowledge). Personally I think the damage should stay the same (35 Damage) and it's fire rate increased
  • 7 participants