OVA FOXTROT AC-IV O8 5555
RU TR HELIOS MK2
LVET COMMANDO PVT HELIOS MK1

SteamID & Discord Name/Tag

Smith#4090  
STEAM_0:0:526464741

Region/Timezone

BST

List all (if any) previous punishments (Warns/Bans)

None 

What is your reason(s) for applying for Gamemaster?

I want to apply for GM because I feel like there could be more events and more events in BST time zones (and other time zones) but I also want to join because of the experience that this will give me I also want to build my relationship with the players of the community And finally i want to become GM to help out in trainings and to help out the community as a whole so why not give this a shot 

Have you ever been Event Staff or something similar before? If so, list your previous positions.

Yes i use to be a Mod a T-MOD a TGM and a full GM (forgot the actual rank that i was at the time)  i was a full gm and MOD for around 8 months 

Describe how you react to negative feedback, from constructive criticism to borderline harassment.

Well I would firstly take the 
constructive criticism and based on that persons criticism and I would try and figure out what I could change to make this person more happy with my events but if it gets to borderline harassment I would pm him saying please stop as this has began to become borderline harassment and if you do carry on i will have to dm my higher ups and your CO's and I don't want to do that 

While planning a server-wide Event you realized that it would make hosting it much easier if you had another Gamemaster assisting you, and manage to get someone to help. Unfortunately 5 minutes before the Event is scheduled to begin, they messaged you and said they would be absent. How do you proceed? 

I would firstly say to them ok no problem then i would ask around in the GM discord for help if nobody is currently available I would scale the event down just a little so the event is still fun for the players and is still good for me I would possibly break it down into three parts with different tasks per part and then i would begin removing the props is different areas (that I would of had if the other GM was assisting)

While planning an Event, you decide to test some of the tools you think would be helpful. You go to the admin room, and start to experiment. Unfortunately, while testing with some NPCs the server crashed. How do you react?

I would firstly put a message in the main discord of both rebel and combine saying it seems like a NPC has caused the server to crash when placing it down This has been reported and the server should be back up soon sorry for the mistake have a nice day I would then reported the NPC's type to the main GM discord saying please don't use it as it causes the server to crash could higher ups please take a look

An NCO has finished training a Recruit, but there are no COs or Staff online to provide the whitelist. What do you do?

I would go to them saying there are currently no COs or staff online but don't worry i have DMed a staff (or CO) and they said they will be on shortly i am sorry for the wait have a nice day then answer any questions they may have then do !return ^ to return myself

While hosting a server-wide Event you have implemented a RP section where players can interact with a computer in order to open a door. Unexpectedly, a CO decides that they would rather that door stay closed (Presumably so that the other side cannot continue), and orders that the computer be destroyed. Given that the door is essential to progressing your event, how do you react?

I would dm the CO asking him to stop this and place the PC back because we want to make this event fun for not just your side but the other side too thank you 

While hosting a server-wide Event, a CmD/MAJ decides that they dislike it, and begin to openly attempt to get players to refuse to participate. This reaches the point that there are almost no players participating on one side. How do you resolve the situation?   

I would firstly ask the CmD/MAJ why they do not dislike the event I would then change there side of the event to what they would like (just as long it is not that extreme) and then ask them to go back to the event and have a nice day 

After hosting a server-wide Event, you are in the middle of a post-event Debrief when the COs present tell you to stop hosting your DB so they can host theirs. How do you react?

I would dm him saying dw this will only take around 2-5 mins if you don't mind waiting i would then after finishing my DB allow them to do there own 

What permissions do Gamemasters have, both inside and outside of Events?
Gm's can spawn props, pills, entities they can also use ULX commands that is what i currently know but i really do want to learn more 

While preparing to host an Event, you notice that there are 3 vehicles deployed, and that the server is lagging a bit because of that. What do you do?

I would ask them to undeploy the heavy vehicles because this is causing lag i would then say sorry for this but due to the event lagging a bit stuff like this does need to happen 

Describe your design process of Events prior to queuing them.

Firstly making the first draft of the event then asking other gm's if they could help and also any input for the event then with that input I would change the draft for the event adding or removing stuff depending on the input I would then ask for the higher ups approval and any input I would then select a time and place to start the event then begin 

(Firstly it is around 2am rn so sorry if my event ideas are not that good I am not that good in making GM apps)
Create three Event ideas and describe them below. Be as detailed as you feel necessary. Originality is appreciated, and a lack of details will be penalized.

(SMALL)    A radio freq came in on a open channel stating To all combine I left my briefcase at G by mistake could any of yall go collect it assumingly the rebels would also go there a all out gun fight would begin after around 10mins two supply drops would come down and in them would be weapons and one sim_fphys_tank for each team (blue tank = combine tank  orange = rebel tank) After more fighting if needed both teams would get one jugg supply box (one person from each team would be appointed 2.5k hp and a tfa_cvr_m249 NOT THE ACTUAL WL) as a one life thing assuming the battle is over what ever team gets the breifcase back to there base wins a reward this could be weapons (any weapon that is not blacklisted or to op) or one apc/tank 

(SMALL) The lost Signal   I signal comes over every comm device in the area saying "mayday mayday this is Juliet oscar echo mike alpha mike alpha we have crash landed and we have been over run combine we need help  sounds of gunfire and footsteps can be heard assuming the combine do a db and move out rebels can attack them or just do nothing if the rebels do attack a gunfight will begin between the combine the unknown mad lads and the rebels all forces will lose a lot of troops but will get supplied by combine the unknown's fleet and rebels the unknown will get items like sim_fphys_ratmobile and one avx_technical_mlrs that will do arty strikes  the combine would get one apc and one hunter the rebels would get one sim_fphys_tank4 the people who win would get info for the last event

(LARGE)  The attack of the dead men

The info that was given to the side that won the other fight are the ones are the people who land the people who failed at getting the info are the people who help the unknown defend there forts the info says that there is a science experiment going on at fort G ( back of the map ) as the info winners push through all the forts when they get to G it is almost like a fortress filled with 2-4 tamed npc_antlionguard (player pill) with a funny amount of hp 8k per and one avx_technical_mlrs placed on a tower for arty and the info winners get one sim_fphys_tank4 with 50k hp a massive models/combine_gate_vehicle.mdl would be placed at the main gate with a massive 50k hp (tank would be needed for gate to go bye bye) then after the gate falls all hell begins with shells after shells from the tank and the running of the tamed guards a 10min nuke timer would begin at around 5mins zombies start attacking both sides due to the experiment failing because of the attack from the tank so the info winners start to collect all the info and research about the experiments and what they were trying to do turns out they were attempting to revive the dead but it went wrong and made zombies  (if u know what plot line this is from you had a good childhood) the nuke detonated killing everybody or the info winners managed to evac out of there in time 

How often do you think GMs should host events?

2-3 times a week 

Do you understand and accept the following clause: I will not leak Staff or Gamemaster information, I will not abuse my powers, and I will not break the Gamemaster rules.

Yes of course I do 

Do you understand the basics of using ULX? List what you know.  

ahh shit here we go again

!goto 

!return @
!return ^
!strip
!give
!noclip
!cloak

!jail
!jailtp
!maul
!jail

I know more but i cant think of them rn

that is all have a nice day 

Signature:
Space Marine                  British                      not dead
ozz12231  VIP 28 Jun 21 at 10:13pm
+1 he is chill guy and dont have alot trouble good app
Idk about the events tho i think need more work on that
[GL] Music guy  Member 2 Jul 21 at 8:08pm
I am now a EpU of SWORD

Signature:
[GL] Music guy  Member 3 Jul 21 at 7:29pm
I am now a SqL of SWORD

Signature:
Octo57  VIP Member 3 Jul 21 at 8:43pm
+1 is a chad

Signature:
Former KILO OfC-III Octo
Current Jury 9110
Current MP Major Octo
Current RU Octo

Mp gang will find you.
Redert  Server Moderator 5 Jul 21 at 11:58am
+1 good guy sorta active, has sorta a reputaiton in community

Signature:
R&D COL
Honorary Shield
Bateman  VIP 8 Jul 21 at 2:10am
+1
I can tell you tried to be creative and unique with your event ideas and they seem pretty good, even if they're a little hard to understand. I also like your design process for events, asking other GMs is always a good way to improve your events. Your server wide event answer for the computer isn't fun for the players though. People generally like it when events like this are dynamic, in that they can decide the outcome of certain situations. So maybe they could destroy the computer, but it would also cause a drawback that makes their decision work in favor of the other team. Other then that everything looks great.
[DEFN] Aithead  Head Gamemaster VIP 13 Jul 21 at 3:19pm Edited
Denied.

Unfortunately I do have to deny your application. While some of your content is good and some of your answers are correct, your application as a whole along with some of the external context of you within the community has lead me to deny you.

To point things out more specifically;
-Your application is -while colored- not well edited. While I don't put a ton of stock into spelling or grammar, your application is filled with minor mistakes which lead me to think you don't care that much about your application.

-You have had previous incidents with other classes, having been CK'd from Tech for overdeploying vehicles.

There are also comments on your Event Ideas (You do not need to respond to the questions, they're rhetorical to get you to think about how you could restructure them to make sense);

-Your first Event Idea seems fairly simple and would work fairly well. There are a couple of very minor issues related to timing that'd be reviewed, but nothing major.

-Your second Event Idea seems to be missing quite a few details. As far as I can tell, the Event you described involves the Combine responding to a SOS signal and being attacked by an unknown third party, which they then attack (Who would play as the 3rd party?). If the Rebels do respond (which, as far as I can tell, is optional in your idea) then it becomes a 3-way shootout(?). The rewards are also rather significant, though not to the point of absurdism. There are more issues but those would rely on answers to the other questions. Overall, please just provide more details as to what your Events would contain.

-Your third Event Idea required a lot of "translation" to be comprehensible. The 3rd party returns and the faction that won the previous Event receives the knowledge of where the final Event will be held. As far as I can tell, this location is where a science experiment is happening, and the participants will need to fight their way through a large territory complete with antlion guards. I don't know where the nuke comes from, but assuming it's planted by the attacking side and then the attacking side needs to defend that bomb until it's about ready to go off, the Event comes down to a wave-based defense Event for a larger number of people.

You may reapply in 2 weeks.

Locked + Moved.

Signature:
Gamemaster Supervisor.

Ancient GRID CmD, prior SU Major/GB COL.

Credit to SEVIN.
[Image: 20220724145724_1.png]
  • 6 participants