My staff application.

Robotic Wizard  Member 27 Aug 21 at 9:57pm Edited
FULL RP Name(s):
RECON PVT Shiv Lefoot | MPF UNION 09 6942-0 (both low ranks due to recent decision to try new divs)

What is your current IG level? 81

Discord Username: Robot Wizard#6401

SteamID: 76561198354354863

What region/timezone are you located in?
EST

Do you have a microphone?
yes

Previous Warns?
none

Previous Bans?
None

Why do you want to be part of the staff team?
I always appreciated the clearly sick-of-this staff members who have it in them to put up with apes all day and still not yell at us or sound pissy when we get stuck for the 1,000,000th time and would love to give the community this experience myself. I do not mind putting my own time into helping a community. I have previous experience as a moderator in a (sadly now gone) GMOD sandbox server and a currently active offical game discord server. I have always enjoyed it even when people are screaming "RDM RDM RDM" at decibels not audible to the human ear.

Why should you be accepted on the staff team?
High hours and levels along with having no warns or bans means I am very familiar with the rules and handbooks for both sides. I am very active and aside from school/light job hours. I am always available and enjoy playing on the server in general.

Do you understand that you must have "[DEFN]" tag in your Steam name whenever you join CvR?
Yes

Any staff who can vouch for you?
None, sadly.

An MPF Union kills a Civilian but you don't know the reasoning behind the killing.
What do you do? Ask both sides for their side of the story and assume somewhere in the middle of that is the truth and act accordingly per situation, i.e what were the circumstances like was the union already damaging other rebels in logs or has a history of civ RDM to deduce if it was simply suicide via firefight or actual RDM .

An H.E.C.U. Soldier enters the Combine base to "RP defect".
How do you proceed as a staff member?
Use the physgun to move them back to their base, inform that they aren't allowed to do that at all and that they may receive a warning if they do it again.

You find a SU/MACE CO infiltrating without notifying their team in chat. You bring them into a sit to talk to them about breaking the rules. In this sit the CO threatens to demote your RP character if you don't let them go. How do you handle this?
Inform them that this does not hold any water because they cannot demote me for an unjustified and a for-personal-leverage reason and would only suffice to increase their punishment.

A group of players comes onto the server and threatens to DDOS or raid it.
What do you think you should do? Inform fellow staff what is happening, grab all related Users SteamID, ban all related users assuming none of them are obviously joking (based on context if this is the "but what about sarcasm/jokes trick question")

You see a high ranking staff member doing something questionable, but you don't know if it is allowed.
What do you do?
I would ask another high ranking staff member if anyone knows what that staff member is doing and if no one claims to of told them to/given them permission to inform a higher up or one of the already talked to higher ups about looking into it.
Alma Armas  VIP 27 Aug 21 at 11:53pm
Completly neutral

While I like some of your anwsers, some of your anwsers are either straight up wrong or unsatisfactory. Example being the HECU defecting; You cannot RP Defect unless it's a pre-determined event that is being done by a Gamemaster, which are always approved by Senior Gamemasters+

Your civil RDM anwser is a bit lack luster on detail. Which side you bring first, what do you do to if one side is found guilty ect.

And it almost feels like halfway through the app you gave up on formatting and just said "fuck it" and posted it. No offense lol

Good luck tho!
Robotic Wizard  Member 28 Aug 21 at 8:58am Edited
Thanks for being honest, tbh this is actually my second draft as the first one was accidentally lost and most likely could of sounded better. The HECU question was weird since I was balancing it between the whole "all RP actions are valid unless stated otherwise by various rules" rule and if that extended to something like that. "Don't look at other people's applications before making yours" I thought "Legitimacy is good" I thought.
Alma Armas likes this post
Robotic Wizard  Member 29 Aug 21 at 3:48pm
Redid my application now that I've taken the time to learn good formatting and looked at some examples, hopefully less shitty!
doggod  Member 29 Aug 21 at 6:09pm
+1
through conversation in game he seems like a great person, would be very good fit for staff
Robotic Wizard and Alma Armas like this post
Bore/Sev  Head Administrator VIP 30 Aug 21 at 5:45pm
Giving this a bump, want to see more replies before a decision is made

Signature:
Current MPF Lobster (Head AIU)
SENTRY T-OfC SENTRY.mp3

Bore is dead
HECU FH PVT Bore2

Secretly a Staff Main
Robotic Wizard  Member 30 Aug 21 at 6:16pm
Thank you for extending the lifespan of this application sir!
Neat Benny  VIP 30 Aug 21 at 6:45pm
-1  You have some things right on the dime but some of the stuff here is off. I am very close to just doing a +0 but there are just little things that arent quite there. I would say Please reapply and look over the rules again. You seem like a good guy and I do want you on the staff team but would like to see a little bit better of an APP. So please go over the rules and if you don't get it this time please reapply because I would love to see you on staff.

Signature:
Signed:        Sniper Silence  MPF-H Revenant   HECU Six      
  • 9 participants