Steam ID:
A:
STEAM_0:1:67173565

Workshop Link: (If applicable)
A:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...ynth+spear

What is your suggestion?
A:
Make OSE unique like Vortigaunt, in lore they do have spears after all. Maybe not specifically this linked workshop weapon, I just included it as an example of what I believe OSE should have.

How would this benefit the server?
A: 
it would make OSE a unique class, and yes I understand it can't be very strong as it is a VIP class, but at least let it be unique.
Horkos  Member 16 Dec 23 at 8:58pm
-1 I prefer the Oden
PersikkaPete  VIP 16 Dec 23 at 9:36pm Edited
-1 Let's leave the spear warfare in the stone age, Ngl It would be pretty funny to throw spears at rebels but I wouldnt see it being practical.
TheJC  VIP 16 Dec 23 at 9:39pm
-1 dumb stupid and honestly kinda stupid too
Arooni  VIP 16 Dec 23 at 10:33pm
-1 tried this gun in sandbox, judging by what came out, implementing this gun would either make OSE extremely OP or completely useless
Kenny McCormick  VIP 17 Dec 23 at 6:23pm
+1 (with some reservations)
I feel like making OSE unique should be something that is looked in to. I don't really see why OSE should be a VIP-exclusive Union with 300hp and no carry lol.
regardless this gun isn't the solution, though making OSE a melee-based class is a promising and fun idea to think about.
My proposed solution is Javelins.
Before you call this suggestion "stupid" or "not needed" or "I prefer the gun", hear me out:
In lore, the Combine Synth Elite Soldier carries a spear, is highly athletic, and resembles a Combine Assassin but as a synth unit. Since CvR is technically in its own universe, we can base this rework off that trait minus the laser shooty part.
INSTEAD, we give the spear a limited (but decent) throwing range, however still enough to be useful (It'll technically classify as a javelin lol).
We could also change the stats to the following (if they aren't already in place lololol)
300 HP
300 HU movement (or something resembling UNION speed)
No carry

Again it's something cool I thought abt, I figured I'd share here Smile
Magic Man Marley  Member 17 Dec 23 at 9:25pm
This is the kind of thinking I had wanted when I suggested this, as I said I just included that speargun as an example, not for that to be directly implemented. I did also suggest this due to them using a spear in actual lore, making what we have in-game seem like a missed opportunity.
Alma Armas  VIP 20 Dec 23 at 7:02am
(16 Dec 23 at 9:39pm)TheJC Wrote: -1 dumb stupid and honestly kinda stupid too

Didn't you suggest something similar to this before?
  • 8 participants