Phalanx's Staff Application

Indyj100  VIP 2 Feb 20 at 3:31pm
FULL RP Name(s):
NPU DvL Phalanx / MP SGT Isla / T6 Tech Catalina

Discord Username:
Phalanx#6219

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:111118134

What region/timezone are you located in?
North America - EST

Do you have a microphone?
Yes

Previous Warns?
2 warns
1 - 10/23/18 - RDM / neck snapping a CWU - Was an accident but either way it broke the rules
2 - 6/15/19 - FailRP - Shot a rocket from the no shooting zone back on Canals

Previous Bans?
1 ban
1 - Involved in a big incident where allot of cuffing and killing happened - 4 days

Why do you want to be part of the staff team?
I wish to be apart of the staff team because I've had a few incidents recently where staff were on but were either too backed up to take my ticket or just ignored it. I also enjoyed staffing for CvR way back when but resigned because some things with my character had come up which required allot more time being spent on it. Thankfully, my planned resignation is happening in a week so that allows me to come back to doing staffing. I think it's also fair to say that I enjoy helping people have a good time.

Why should you be accepted on the staff team?
I believe some of the pros of me being accepted are that I'm on, normally, every other day for a couple hours at a time. I am also well versed in the MOTD rules and keep up to date with them. I'm not normally doing much so I have allot of time to be on the server and even then I'm not doing much in game so I rarely would not respond to a ticket. I also have prior staffing experience on CvR as an administrator, DEFN DarkRP as a mod, Xeno DarkRP as a mod, and Xeno TTT as a mod.

Do you understand that you must change your Steam name to "[DEFN] (Username)" upon getting accepted?
Yes

Any staff who can vouch for you?
Dodgy

An MPF Union kills a Civilian but you don't know the reasoning behind the killing.
What do you do?

I'd bring the civilian to a sit and ask for his explanation of what happened
I'd then bring the Union to the sit and ask what happened and why he killed the civilian.
If the Union's reasoning checks out as valid then I'd return the Union and explain to the civilian why the Union was allowed to kill him
If the Union's reasoning was not a valid reason to kill him then I would explain to the Union why he shouldn't have killed the civilian
If the Union seems to have done it on purpose with no reasoning behind it then I would warn the Union for RDM
If the Union seems to have not known that he couldn't kill the civilian for the reasoning that he did then I would give him a verbal warning to not do it
and then finally return both parties of the sit.

An H.E.C.U. Soldier enters the Combine base to "RP defect".
How do you proceed as a staff member?

Since the HECU entered the combine base and tried to defect, I would bring him to a sit and ask him to explain himself
I'd listen to his reasoning and then explain what rules he broke and tell him not to do it again
I'd then warn him for "Entering Enemy base(Rule A5)" and return him back to his base and notify his COs of what happened.

You find a SU/MACE CO infiltrating without notifying their team in chat. You bring them into a sit to talk to them about breaking the rules. In this sit the CO threatens to demote your RP character if you don't let them go.
How do you handle this?

I'd continue doing my job and hand out any punishment required and then go to their higher ups and notify them of the threats.

A group of players comes onto the server and threatens to DDOS or raid it.
What do you think you should do?

Assuming I have access to perma banning, I would perma ban them as DDOS threats and DOXing threats are instant perma bans
If I didn't have access to perma banning, I would notify a staff on the server that has access to it to ban them or if nobody is on the server I would ping people in the discord who can perma ban to do it.

You see a high ranking staff member doing something questionable, but you don't know if it is allowed.
What do you do?

I'd ask a higher staff member about it to see if it's ok for them to do. If it's not I would report it to that higher up and ask the guy to stop doing it.
likes this post
Poison  VIP 2 Feb 20 at 3:48pm
+1, totally not NPU bias, pretty good application and for the most part a nice and non toxic guy.

Signature:
NPU JURY OfC II Poison.
"You can't change whats done, you can only move on."
~Arthur Morgan, The Legend of the East.

Dodgy  VIP 2 Feb 20 at 4:11pm
+1 Decent application and an all-around great person. He also has past experience on the DEFN CvR staff team, which is a plus. Moreover, he demonstrates the ability to maintain a levelheaded approach to all situations and handles them in an impartial manner. Overall, he’s a great candidate for the staff team and I can definitely say I vouch for them.
Poison  VIP 2 Feb 20 at 4:13pm
doggy

Signature:
NPU JURY OfC II Poison.
"You can't change whats done, you can only move on."
~Arthur Morgan, The Legend of the East.

Fel  VIP 3 Feb 20 at 1:21am
Neutral.

Been getting some bad stuff about you, I suggest you becareful what you do.

Signature:
Fel
Cerritulus likes this post
Nekso  Developer Senior Infrastructure Moderator 3 Feb 20 at 2:40am
+1, honestly I think you would probably make good staff and if your plan resignation goes like it does and you become a lot more active. you could turn out pretty good.
Indyj100  VIP 3 Feb 20 at 7:31pm
(3 Feb 20 at 1:21am)[DEFN] Firekeeper Wrote: Neutral.

Been getting some bad stuff about you, I suggest you becareful what you do.

As far as I'm aware I haven't done anything recently that staff have gotten involved with, would you mind sharing what you've heard?
Well, actually I guess the Tzula situation did result in some staff intervention in which we learned our mistake. Is this what you may be referring too?
♛ DIO ♛  VIP 4 Feb 20 at 2:09pm
Between +1 and Neutral Good enough application,you also have experience and cool answers but I almost never see you in the server which makes me think that you may be inactive. If I'm wrong please reply to me and I'll be sure to change it.
Indyj100  VIP 5 Feb 20 at 6:28pm
(4 Feb 20 at 2:09pm)♛ DIO ♛ Wrote: Between +1 and Neutral Good enough application,you also have experience and cool answers but I almost never see you in the server which makes me think that you may be inactive. If I'm wrong please reply to me and I'll be sure to change it.

I've been on the server pretty much every day, with a day or so in between that I didn't, the last week or two. If you'd like some form of proof of this you can DM me on discord if you'd like and I can share some screenshots from the last couple days of captures and situations that came up.
Prophet  VIP 6 Feb 20 at 3:31pm
+1
Perfectly made staff application and overall a solid reputation for his good behaviour. Would make a fine addition to the staff team
  • 9 participants