Saying "can I get" is racist. (filter bug)

Sevin  Member 24 Jun 22 at 11:12pm
FULL RP Name(s):
A: Mpf Ballista B4 Sql Sevin
B: Npu Driver Sql Baby
C: Snp SSgt John F. Kennedy

D: CWU T2 LoR/PC Mr. Dr. Teeth Sex

Discord Username:
A: SEVIN #3641

Steam ID:
A: STEAM_0:0:207655216

Explain the bug:
A: Because in-game chat filter prohibits any message with the letters N, I, and G in sequence, you cannot use the phrase "can I get" in any part of your chat messages.
You also can't say Nigel, but that's a stupid fucking name anyways.

When did you first start experiencing this bug? (Give best estimated date)
today
bed crabs likes this post
doggod  Member 25 Jun 22 at 12:38am
Can devs even control the filter system? I thought it was moderated by gmod with nothing anyone else can do about it
Anti yes  Member 25 Jun 22 at 4:53am
Pretty sure "Ninja" is also censored. Makes it difficult to talk about the perk.
Bel1ve. likes this post
mint julep  VIP 25 Jun 22 at 4:59am
The filter is implemented and calibrated by Sentinel, I don't know where the idea that this comes from base GMOD originated but it's simply untrue.
[DEFN] Dreik  Senior Server Administrator VIP 25 Jun 22 at 6:47am
(25 Jun 22 at 4:59am)mint julep Wrote: The filter is implemented and calibrated by Sentinel, I don't know where the idea that this comes from base GMOD originated but it's simply untrue.

sorry sir deepest apologies sir please show forgiveness
JustMeth  Member 25 Jun 22 at 7:59am
I've noticed this but not even in that sense, the filter is quite frankly, pretty terrible.
Sometimes when I say some completely innocent sentences it doesn't send, it's annoying.
The filter does it's job, but overdoes it in some places and makes mistakes, could use a rework imo
zyer  VIP 25 Jun 22 at 8:16am
sentinel is constantly updating the filter everytime there is a new bogus sentence that gets blocked, just gotta let him know when it occurs!
Destitute the :dab:  Chief Executive Officer VIP 25 Jun 22 at 10:44am
I can't say nigga on the server anymore, I feel fucking crippled.
Bel1ve.  VIP 25 Jun 22 at 10:48am Edited
When you can't say nigga Nigel in the Nile river driving a Nissan.

A true oppression of free speech, nigga is like saying homie, dude or individual, there is no racism in it. You can't prove im white or black why block my freedom of saying nigga????? I could be black!!! This is very oppressive like the LGBTQ+ being oppressed on the daily in memes!!!

my phone was stolen please disregard this humiliating message!
bed crabs likes this post
  • 12 participants