Shotgun Damage Falloff

Poll: Do you agree?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
+1
57.14% 16 57.14%
Neutral
17.86% 5 17.86%
25.00% 7 25.00%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item.
Ironic Neutral  VIP 3 Feb 21 at 3:07pm Edited
you dont mention riot shotgun? its basically a carbon copy with same spread and all, which means that would have to get nerfed too

Also if youre gonna nerf range so hard we have to put the barrel in someone's mouth to do damage, let us carry a light rifle like M4 because 60% of the maps have little to no CQC areas making us completely useless.
Neon_John  Member 3 Feb 21 at 3:14pm Edited
-1. This is an issue that has been addressed before. The range has already been nerfed into the ground, and RU get outranged by almost anything over 10-15 meters. We have almost no weight in order to supplement the lack of range, therefore, why is it such an issue that we can somewhat keep up in "mid" range. With this new map rotation it is hard also because half the maps are majority long range and nerfing us would just make us suffer even more. I truly believe the gun is in a good position and I find hard to think that it is overpowered enough to warrant another range nerf. I also add that you fail to mention RIOT, Sword, or LVET at all. Why is this just pointed at RU?
SSteffan  VIP 3 Feb 21 at 4:01pm
(3 Feb 21 at 3:07pm)Ironic Neutral Wrote: you dont mention riot shotgun? its basically a carbon copy with same spread and all, which means that would have to get nerfed too

Also if youre gonna nerf range so hard we have to put the barrel in someone's mouth to do damage, let us carry a light rifle like M4 because 60% of the maps have little to no CQC areas making us completely useless.

well pal you see thats the deal you sign up for when joining a CQC class
~A Simplistic Yuuki~ likes this post
~A Simplistic Yuuki~  Member 3 Feb 21 at 4:21pm
Literally in the class description "Close Quarters Combat" if it was intended for anything above it would be MQC or some shit. And clearly John doesnt play his own class
Sigma  Server Administrator VIP 3 Feb 21 at 4:27pm Edited
Ok dawg I know for a fact that you’re not bringing John’s activity into this as an argument.
As for the actual content of the suggestion, I, as someone who plays sword and grid, and has played RU and RIOT, would agree to nerfing the range of all of the shotguns, not just RU (obviously) to make them more realistic but should these changes be implemented, I have one question.
1. Being that we run big maps with lots of open areas to accommodate the 40+ people that join, what would the point of CQC classes even be?
#1 Great Wooden Dad  Member 3 Feb 21 at 4:31pm Edited
Ah hah Winchester mid range being consistent with suppressor? Yeah no, I've been using this shotgun forever and I run no suppressor, birdshot, and Quickdraw, I used to use the suppressor with the said combination before the overall range nerf, before the nerf it was a problem since consistent med range and possible lr kills, but after the nerf its really not (idk with normal buckshot) reliable with the suppressor or not

I forgot to add but aa12 I would agree nerfing and idk about the range of the othrr shotguns but the Winchester is already rng at any range
~A Simplistic Yuuki~  Member 3 Feb 21 at 4:33pm
Most of the large maps have a variety of interior spaces, which normally are where the cap points are at. The current design of shotgun classes seems to be around dominating in offense and defense of those points, with RUs/Riots being good at defense, and sword/lvet being good at offense. Other classes such as Engineer/Grid get shotguns for structure defense whilst they build
Ironic Neutral  VIP 3 Feb 21 at 4:39pm
Id like to remind everyone that perhaps this isn't a range issue, but more so a headshot damage issue. Headshots 3x damage, and having 3x damage per pellet is probably the main reason people get killed at med range rather than range. Also I see a lot of people say they get sniped by RU shotgun yet 1. as someone whos played ALOT of RU my shotgun feels like its shooting feathers past 10 feet, and 2 i dont see any clips of this "outrageous range"
Sigma  Server Administrator VIP 3 Feb 21 at 4:58pm Edited
I feel like those purposes (Sword aggressive attacking and RU defensive holding) are already established. Let's look at the two major shotguns that have been thrown around as needing to be nerfed: AA12 and M1014
AA-12:
12 round clip
9.17 degrees Accuracy (scoped)
9.74 degrees Accuracy (hip-fire)
300 RPM Firerate (autoshotty)
Damage: 28 per 8 pellets
Effective Range: 0.01 km

M1014:
8 round clip [worse than autoshotty]
8.25 degrees Accuracy (scoped) [better than autoshotty]
9.05 degrees Accuracy (hip-fire) [better than autoshotty]
200 RPM Firerate [worse than autoshotty]
Damage: 26 per 8 pellets [worse than autoshotty]
Effective Range: 0.02 km [better than autoshotty]

In summary, RU shotgun bests autoshotty in terms of the overall degree of spread and range. This makes it much more suitable for longer, mostly mid-range gunfights. However, the autoshotty, despite increased degree of spread, bests the RU shotgun easily in CQC due to higher damage per pellet and faster rate of fire. When it comes to the shield, update 2.1.19.30 changed the shield so that it's nature was to lose in a quick CQC attack. In these aspects, sword and RU counter and pretty much bounce off of each other. It all depends on the situation.

In comparing the shotguns to rebels/combines who don't have them, snipers, lmgs, assault rifles, and some SMGs can all counter Swords/RUs if the non-shotgun person is able to create a good amount of space between him and the guy with the shotgun. To beat any shotgun class, you have to position yourself to win. It's that simple. You don't get kills by running broad day into a RU's shield, but rather by out maneuvering him. I don't see the range debuff as necessary, because of the options afforded by flanking routes and creating more space between you and the shotgunner.
Also spitfire's headshot damage point.
  • 19 participants