Sky's Staff Application

Sky  Member 22 May 19 at 7:30pm Edited
FULL RP Name(s):

OTA RANGER 06 2036
MPF UNION 08 3026 (EDIT: I changed from CROSS due to failing TR phase lol)
Resistance White PVT Price 
Youngling Spluuuge 

Discord Username: Sky#9012

Steam IDSTEAM_0:0:52436981

What region are you located in: New York, U.S.A 

Previous Warns: None.

Previous Bans: None.

Why do you want to be part of the staff team:

I want to be apart of the staff team because Definitive Networks is a unique and enjoyable server that I have been playing for quite a while. I want to ensure that everyone else can have an enjoyable experience and have fun on this server as I have for the last several months. I can do this by enforcing the rules which being a staff member allows me to do. Lastly I actually enjoy being staff and considering this is a server I frequent every day, I would like to assist the community in any way possible.

Why should you be accepted on the staff team?

I believe I should be accepted to the staff team because of my immense administration and management experience, I have over 4.3k hours and most of that time was spent staffing on multiple different servers across many different gamemodes, including Dark RP, TTT and NS servers. Also as stated above, I enjoy this server and I wish to help the server and community as much as possible, being staff will allow me to enforce the rules of the server and make the experience enjoyable for anyone who joins. A proper staff team is a major factor in the popularity of a server, which is why I believe I should be accepted to the staff team, due to my experience and mindset.

Do you understand that you must change your Steam name to "[DEFN] (Username)" upon getting accepted: Yes.

References:

No ingame staff have referred me however I do have one notable server I was staffing on that you may be interested in. 

Moat TTT (Owner: Moat) - I was a staff member on Moat TTT which is a community consisting of over 20 TTT servers, I was a global Moderator, and in charge of staffing multiple servers and joining any of the servers that were without staff members. I often had to handle 2-3 player reports at the same time, continuously. 

An MPF Union kills a Civilian but you don't know the reasoning behind the killing.
What do you do?

First I would drag both the MPF Union and Civilian into a sit, in a secluded area away from RP. (Admin sit area if you have one). I would ask each person what their side of the story was and determine who was correct by comparing their stories to the logs. If it was accidental no punishment would be given, I would give the Union a verbal warning and take note of his numbers, if he intentionally killed the Civilian he would receive a warning for RDM. 

An H.E.C.U. Soldier enters the Combine base to "RP defect".
How do you proceed as a staff member?

I would speak to the HECU in question and explain that defecting is not allowed and can be punished with either a CK or blacklist from Rebel side. I would then either give them a verbal or warn them for FailRP depending on the situation. 

You find a SU/MACE CO infiltrating without notifying their team in chat. You bring them into a sit to talk to them about breaking the rules. In this sit the CO threatens to demote your RP character if you don't let them go.
How do you handle this?

I would be unbiased and handle the situation accordingly, things that happen outside of the game are considered OOC and have no effect on my RP character, if the CO were to demote my RP character due to this that would be considered FailRP and they would be punished accordingly as well.

A group of players comes onto the server and threatens to DDOS or raid it.
What do you think you should do?

DDOS is absolutely prohibited, in fact it is considered a federal crime. The person would be banned permanently. Raiding however is a different story, any offending players who joined just to "raid" the server and have no intention of actually playing will be punished according to what offenses they commit.

You see a high ranking staff member doing something questionable, but you don't know if it is allowed.
What do you do?

I would record them in the act of doing something questionable and go to their superior with the evidence, and ask if what they were doing was allowed. I would then let the higher ranking staff member determine if what that staff member was doing was viable and punish them accordingly.
[DEFN] Swaka Xaleya  Member 25 May 19 at 11:37am
+1 Good reference and application

We arent moat so we act different rather than their staffs
[DEFN] Brand  Community Advisor VIP 26 May 19 at 3:50pm
Missed a question, please go in game and do !warns to check your warns.

Other than this, I am going to wait for a few other staff to +1 first before I make a decision.
Sky likes this post
Dempsey  VIP 26 May 19 at 3:51pm
+1 good experience. And a well made application
Bread  VIP 26 May 19 at 3:56pm
This is a Good application, questions were overall good and you seem experienced. Would +1 but you did miss a question and you need to check warns first.
As of now I'm neutral.

Signature:
[Image: Bread.jpg]
~Toasty
SU PVT TOASTY, E8 Engineer Aide Toasty | CROSS S-V OFC-I Toasty, JURY 05 2906
Sky  Member 26 May 19 at 9:43pm
Ah I apologize I did miss one, I have updated the application accordingly (No warnings and I answered the missing question.)
Some guy on the internet  Member 31 May 19 at 8:55am
A bit new but generally good track record and good application, +1.

Signature:
Used to play here between 2018-2019, only @'s destitute with shitpost in the discord now.

Shellac  VIP 2 Jun 19 at 9:36pm
I big like, you seem professional. +1

Signature:
RES R15 SPC Shellac (KIA)
RU R11 Barney (KIA)
"I got a Ph.D. in Chemistry for this bullshit." - Head Engineer Weiler
RES R15 MED PFC PD ZagZig (KIA)
"I need glasses.." - RES R14 SNP WO ZagZig

Sky likes this post
  • 11 participants