Discord Username:
A: Tech_Guy#4781

Steam ID:
A: STEAM_1:1:74244492

Workshop Link: (If applicable)
A: N/A

What is your suggestion?
A:
Point Decay (Stealing an idea from Dawn of War).
After having held a point for a certaint amount of time (5 minutes) the point will start to decay, after around 15-20 minutes of the point decaying it results in hitting the point decay limit.
Once the point has been held long enough for the point decay limit to be hit, the point will produce 45% of it's original resource-giving rate.

How would this benefit the server?
A: This would effectively nerf any turtle strategies, aswell as making it harder to recover the resources you used to deploy a vehicle when the enemy team has not been able to get out of their spawn for the past 25 minutes, making spawncamping a whole lot harder to do when vehicles take even longer to recover resources for. Aswell as all of this, the enemy team which has been getting spawncamped would be able to more effectively be able to take down the enemy with vehicles, while not being pummeled by vehicles from the side which is spawncamping.

Signature:
Used to play here between 2018-2019, only @'s destitute with shitpost in the discord now.

#1 Great Wooden Dad likes this post
PyroShark  VIP 8 Jun 19 at 4:22am
There's really no point in this and it makes no sense whatsoever, like what exactly is decaying? The supply lines from there or what.

Signature:
Pyro
Tradesman Founder
Prior R&D Head Engineer
Some guy on the internet  Member 8 Jun 19 at 4:24am
OVA and Techs/Engineers (Whoever drive vehicles and fly aircrafts on the rebel side) requires resources to deploy those said vehicles and aircrafts, what this would do is that the rate that those resources would be given by, for example, a single point, would slowly become less and less efficent at giving those said Divisions/Sub-divisions resources, ultimately ending up at giving 45% of the original 100% of resources.

Signature:
Used to play here between 2018-2019, only @'s destitute with shitpost in the discord now.

PyroShark  VIP 8 Jun 19 at 4:32am
So, you go back to those points to reverse the decay effect right? The problem with this is that its not really fun constantly walking to A,B,C and/or other points like the swamp or even some of the major points like the E and the bunker as when REBELS/COMBINE are holding E or J then the rest of the points would decay forcing them to move out of the area which just isn't really a good play style and makes barely any sense, plus if this was implemented, five minutes is way too fucking short, at least make it 15 minutes or even 10, but 5 just makes a very cancerous play style.

Signature:
Pyro
Tradesman Founder
Prior R&D Head Engineer
Some guy on the internet  Member 8 Jun 19 at 4:34am Edited
No, you pretty much can't reverse the effect unless the enemy team captures it and then you re-capture it.

Once again this suggestion has turtle strategy nerfs in-mind.

Also forgot to mention again that the decay effect only begins after you have kept the point captured for 5 minutes. Then after 20 minutes (after having slowly decayed for a while) the point reaches it maximum decay limit.

Signature:

PyroShark  VIP 8 Jun 19 at 5:27am
Alright I've made my mind up, -1, I understand you want to nerf Turtle strategy's but the fact that the Point is stuck on 45% over time is just really unnecessarily and would just nerf technician really badly,

Signature:
Pyro
Tradesman Founder
Prior R&D Head Engineer
Some guy on the internet  Member 8 Jun 19 at 5:55am
Like i see your points but, both OVA and Techs are affected, and even then this does not directly affect them in a way. This more or less also nerfs Techs or OVA which just deploys a vehicle without thinking and then uses it badly, making the punishment for not using your vehicle or aircraft effectively bigger.

Signature:

Hong Kong  Senior Infrastructure Moderator VIP 8 Jun 19 at 8:34am

Complicated and unnecessary.

Signature:
HONORARY LA HK
[Image: NecoDance.gif][Image: Necowha-1.gif]
Walse  VIP 8 Jun 19 at 8:45am
While the idea seems cool at face value, I think there is better ways to go about this. Maybe if the mechanic worked in a different way, I could see it being implemented. For now though, -1.

Signature:
Red Battalion Colonel / Assassin Walse

&

MPF M.E.S. MACE 04 3634
[DEFN] Brand  Community Advisor VIP 8 Jun 19 at 1:57pm
Neutral

I do like this idea to an extent, as it means that once a faction captures a shitload of points and pushes back the other like their base, resource income drops over time, preventing heavy vehicle deployment excessively, but the thing is

Once one side has lost a load of points, or if both sides are stalemated at the middle
Point collection for both sides becomes just dead, making it painfully slow to actually couperate resources and push

There is the makings of a good idea here however. 25 minutes is maybe a little too short, and maybe perhaps make this where after 30 minutes of capture, point E and J will produce nothing for the aggressor? Unsure how this would be coded however
  • 6 participants