NoiseStorm  VIP 2 Aug 20 at 9:17pm Edited
FULL RP Name(s): Stryker / MPF UNION Z5 09 1377

Discord Username:  NoiseStorm#0001

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:82723908

Who warned you? Joe Swanson or his steamname: Family Guy Funny Moments

Date of Warn: 8/02/20

Ban Length: N/a

Warn Reason: RDM x1

Why should the warn be removedSo I got warned for killing 2 anarchists (RDM they found) So what happened in this situation is, we are very pushed back to our base borders and rebels been hanging around the sort of store by E. Now I run around the corner and see 2 heads behind the counter, I could only see that and 1 had a gasmask. Now obiously I spray them down but once I saw it was civs, I was to late seeing as they only have 100 hp so they get melted immediatly. I can't really help it that civs look so much like rebels and also have some accesory that rebels can have.

Now I don't understand how I got warned for this, it was literally word vs word + is this a TDM server or a RP server? I am not gonna wait and identify if its a civ when it can just get me killed, this server is meant to kill the other side, RDM warns should only be given out when its clear that it was anarchist/civ and they got shot straight up without really caring.

I feel like this warn was unnecesary as killing civs happen all time as its literally a warzone and this happens, it was more 3 v 1 and I just could not give my opinion on this as they just kept talking, which they also even started with me being a major and that I can do what I want smh. 

So in all case, I would love to have this warn removed seeing as they should just not be given out when its literally a tdm server and this stuff happens so much.

Evidence/Other: N/a as no recordings were given and I was to late to save mine.
Joe  Personnel Supervisor VIP 2 Aug 20 at 10:31pm
Quote:it was literally word vs word
In the sit, the anarchists said that you had simply rounded the corner and killed them, and you didn't deny it. You argued that it was difficult to identify them, and that it was an accidental kill. Your word didn't contradict theirs.

MPF UNION Z5 09 1377 ( STEAM_0:0:82723908 ) ( MPF Union NCO ) : accident, I only saw their heads not my problem
MPF UNION Z5 09 1377 ( STEAM_0:0:82723908 ) ( MPF Union NCO ) : I really could care less, u look like rebel and I only saw ur head

Accidental RDM is, as you may expect, still RDM.
Quote:is this a TDM server or a RP server?
It's both. It's TDM with some RP elements, such as civilians.
Quote:So in all case, I would love to have this warn removed seeing as they should just not be given out when its literally a tdm server and this stuff happens so much.
"The rules are usually broken" ≠ "I shouldn't be punished for breaking the rules"
I understand your argument that it can be difficult to identify civilians in the heat of the moment, but as I said before, accidental RDM is still RDM.

Signature:
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=21070803]
Bobson Q Dugnutt likes this post
Poison  VIP 2 Aug 20 at 10:51pm Edited
+1 civs that wear gasmasks and get killed, can not complain about being killed.

unless they are wearing civis

Signature:
NPU JURY OfC II Poison.
"You can't change whats done, you can only move on."
~Arthur Morgan, The Legend of the East.

NoiseStorm  VIP 2 Aug 20 at 10:59pm
I am sorry but accidental rdm is still rdm? So you are saying every civ that got crossfired, accidental shot cause view distance, or just cause of the haste situation of the unlucky situation will now all result in a warning?

The server is way more based on tdm with the small rp stuff, but to literally have to check to see if its a civ, when it wears a gasmask, stands behind a counter where only head is visible and rebels have been recently. Is kinda ridicilous, as said before the rdm rule should only be used on clear cases of rdm, not when it happens cause of combat situations
Quinton  VIP 2 Aug 20 at 11:23pm Edited
Okay yeah MASSIVE +1 for Stryker here
Getting in a situation where they look identical and even behave identically to actually armed players in an active firezone and then YOU get in trouble instead of it just being let go. Simply just not acceptable, Anarchists and even Civilians to an extent are a huge stain on an otherwise really solid gamemode. And getting punished for shooting a guy that looks *ALMOST IDENTICAL* to the enemy you are supposed to shoot on sight is just an absolute NO from me dog. Legit something needs to be done about Civ and Anarch. Either give them entirely dedicated playermodels that DONT look like rebels or start dishing out lighter punishments or even dropping minor cases more frequently. In an ideal world these two can simply just be removed and replaced with something that doesnt need to require constant surveillance and punishments for minor offenses. Clown me all you want here but from a game design perspective this is just downright awful and needs attention immediately

Edit: I only now realize this after posting but considering the Fate Update is getting pushed back NOW is really the opportune time to start discussing changes for these guys considering it would make way more sense to do a large change/overhaul to something like Anarchists and Civilians.
Poison  VIP 2 Aug 20 at 11:53pm
(2 Aug 20 at 11:23pm)Quinton Wrote: Okay yeah MASSIVE +1 for Stryker here
Getting in a situation where they look identical and even behave identically to actually armed players in an active firezone and then YOU get in trouble instead of it just being let go. Simply just not acceptable, Anarchists and even Civilians to an extent are a huge stain on an otherwise really solid gamemode. And getting punished for shooting a guy that looks *ALMOST IDENTICAL* to the enemy you are supposed to shoot on sight is just an absolute NO from me dog. Legit something needs to be done about Civ and Anarch. Either give them entirely dedicated playermodels that DONT look like rebels or start dishing out lighter punishments or even dropping minor cases more frequently. In an ideal world these two can simply just be removed and replaced with something that doesnt need to require constant surveillance and punishments for minor offenses. Clown me all you want here but from a game design perspective this is just downright awful and needs attention immediately

Edit: I only now realize this after posting but considering the Fate Update is getting pushed back NOW is really the opportune time to start discussing changes for these guys considering it would make way more sense to do a large change/overhaul to something like Anarchists and Civilians.

AND THATS ONG

Signature:
NPU JURY OfC II Poison.
"You can't change whats done, you can only move on."
~Arthur Morgan, The Legend of the East.

Nekso  Developer Senior Infrastructure Moderator 3 Aug 20 at 4:29am
+1, as a former staff accidentally killing civilians/anarchist for mistaking them as enemies happens a lot and most people don't get warned. I don't think someone needs a warn over an accident. But, this is just my perspective.
BOT Pieswick  VIP 3 Aug 20 at 5:25am
+1,
It’s becoming common place for anarchists to try to exactly replicate the look of rebels, something which could be argued that benefits the rebels due to the combine having to look at the enemy they need to fire upon or risk getting punished, where as disguising as combine is much easier to spot.

Signature:
[Image: tfYXj5W.jpg]
Bel1ve.  VIP 3 Aug 20 at 5:46am Edited
This mostly would be situational, if there were rebels actively on the point than yeah you would probably get shot as civilian. To add up that he said it was an accident although in a not so nice way...

If it happened more than once by this guy than its understandable but if it happened once it seems like the civ/anarch was butt hurt.

As brand once said - don't be in a war zone expecting not to get killed as civilian.
[DEFN] Brand  Community Advisor VIP 5 Aug 20 at 2:31pm
Appeal accepted.

Whilst I fully understand and appreciate why this warn was given, as it was accidental RDM, the fact he was so forthcoming, coupled with the location and context of the rule break, I have this to say:

Two anarchists/civilian types running around the frontline and active combat zone is suicidal to say the least. Expect misfires, crossfire, and if you're wearing a gasmask it's a little hard to tell the difference when you're in the middle of assaulting a point. Mistakes happen, and whilst this is indeed an accident, it was an incredibly minor one at that, considering the circumstances.

If I was to warn everyone for EVERYTIME they accidentally murdered the wrong guy in the middle of an assault it's a little nitpicky.

Thread locked.
Kenny McCormick likes this post
  • 8 participants