Syringe Gun on CWU God PLEASE

Knight Errant  VIP 6 Nov 22 at 9:51am Edited

Mind you, I'm not going to sit here and say "yes I want CWU to stay unplayable." I think CWU has had issues finding an actual place in CvR for a very long time (for a minimum, as long as I've been around) and the only "place" it's had in meta at any point is just being RDM bait that's caused staff headaches on more than one occasion.

I don't think something as simple as giving CWU syringe gun back is going to solve the problem of CWU being literally a worse HELIX or MED. I advocate for the class receiving some actual rework that gives it something unique and interesting to do, whether that's related to a gameplay element or RP element. Some may make the argument that it's impossible to change the class significantly without stepping on the toes of any other division already in Combine; but at that point, I think that's illustrative of a much larger issue.

So no, I don't agree with "just give back syringe gun 4head." It won't make CWU any more interesting to play than HELIX. You asked for someone to submit an actual argument, so I did.
Kruger likes this post
Sevin  Member 6 Nov 22 at 12:42pm
(6 Nov 22 at 9:51am)Knight Errant Wrote: -1

Mind you, I'm not going to sit here and say "yes I want CWU to stay unplayable." I think CWU has had issues finding an actual place in CvR for a very long time (for a minimum, as long as I've been around) and the only "place" it's had in meta at any point is just being RDM bait that's caused staff headaches on more than one occasion.

I don't think something as simple as giving CWU syringe gun back is going to solve the problem of CWU being literally a worse HELIX or MED. I advocate for the class receiving some actual rework that gives it something unique and interesting to do, whether that's related to a gameplay element or RP element. Some may make the argument that it's impossible to change the class significantly without stepping on the toes of any other division already in Combine; but at that point, I think that's illustrative of a much larger issue.

So no, I don't agree with "just give back syringe gun 4head." It won't make CWU any more interesting to play than HELIX. You asked for someone to submit an actual argument, so I did.

I personally think CWU is in an alright place right now. This isn't an attempt to "fix" CWU; it doesn't need to be "fixed".
CWU is more than just a worse support class. We have labs, shops, city scanners, our own event campaigns, and even whole ass tech trees. But it all internal stuff. What little an outsider can see of it on the server is rare. So, no one outside of CWU and GMs ever hears about it. The main sever population just know us for our role in combat---a helix with low hp that can't revive.
CWU filling that role, I think is just fine. CWU is a niche class, and I think that's just fine.

Btw, thanks for explaining your reasoning.
Destitute the :dab:  Chief Executive Officer VIP 7 Nov 22 at 1:39am
Closing this for now since it's devolved into a circular argument with toxicity a-brewing, Sentinel will respond to it when he can.
Bruticus likes this post
joe  Community Advisor VIP 25 Apr 23 at 1:30pm
Old/Outdated.
Moved.
  • 17 participants