Vort changes (NOT A BUFF CALM DOWN, JUST A CHANGE OK? OK!)

Juan  Member 23 Mar 20 at 4:11pm Edited
FULL RP Name(s):
A: Youngling Tam

Discord Username:
A: Sentinel!!!!!!!!!!1

Steam ID:
A: STEAM_0:0:514952312

Workshop Link: (If applicable)
A:

What is your suggestion?
 2 Changes.
A- Make it so the vort beam is able to be charged and released (similar to a spell on Skyrim if you need a reference)
B- Make it so the vort beam can shoot through fences. The vort beam as of right now can't shoot through any "shoot through" fence that any other regular weapon can, I'm unsure if its a bug but its annoying when you're getting shot at through a chainlink fence and you can't defend yourself.

How would this benefit the server?
A: Blah blah blah Vort is unpopular OSE is better.
Its just quality of life improvements.

When making +1's and -1's make sure to say which one you're voting for, A and/or B.
Combean0007  Community Advisor VIP 23 Mar 20 at 4:20pm
+1 sounds reasonable

Signature:
AIU Orpheus
[Image: F9E315C7F9B284DA912DC86DCB17E86D839C7E73]
[DEFN] Aithead  Head Gamemaster VIP 23 Mar 20 at 4:31pm
+1 for both.

It'd be cool if the vort beam had a time-between-shots thing, but could be charged up over time to allow for greater damage.

That way it can't be simply spammed, but if it is charged up enough and rewards accuracy a ton, it would be great.

Signature:
Gamemaster Supervisor.

Ancient GRID CmD, prior SU Major/GB COL.

Credit to SEVIN.
[Image: 20220724145724_1.png]
xXmrburnsXx  VIP 23 Mar 20 at 4:42pm
+1 but about that whole "shoot through" issue. I think its on the way Source reconignizes bullets.

If I don't stand corrected the source engine uses hitscan instead of physical objects for bullets. The Vort beam uses objects. This makes it impossible to go through a "shoot through" object because its not a normal bullet. That would require major reworking.
Juan  Member 23 Mar 20 at 4:47pm
I'm not thinking of that exactly Aithead, that'd require too much work.
I'm thinking of just being able to hold the beam back so we're able to more accurately fire at the expense of RPM, no damage boost of any sort.
Donte Deliano likes this post
[DEFN] Aithead  Head Gamemaster VIP 23 Mar 20 at 9:43pm
(23 Mar 20 at 4:47pm)Juan Wrote: I'm not thinking of that exactly Aithead, that'd require too much work.
I'm thinking of just being able to hold the beam back so we're able to more accurately fire at the expense of RPM, no damage boost of any sort.

Fair enough, but imagine the possibilities if it was implemented.

I do +1 your suggestion though, I was just adding a possibility

Signature:
Gamemaster Supervisor.

Ancient GRID CmD, prior SU Major/GB COL.

Credit to SEVIN.
[Image: 20220724145724_1.png]
Juan  Member 23 Mar 20 at 9:48pm
I agree with what you said and it sounds cool, jealous I didn't think about it. But the simpler we keep it the sooner it'll occur if it does go through.
ErRoRS_  Server Administrator VIP 24 Mar 20 at 4:15pm
+1 I would agree with this new vortigaunt swep because I used to play vortigaunt alot until they "nerfed" it.
Saladin  VIP 24 Mar 20 at 4:28pm
This would be nice but likely impossible to implement since the vort beam isn’t a bullet, my guess being that it’s an entity.
  • 16 participants