NPU JURY 06 6184
Rebels
OL S-6 Andie
RU 08 Andie

SteamID & Discord Name/Tag
STEAM_0:0:229565857, andiewoo

Region/Timezone
CST, Arkansas

List all (if any) previous punishments (Warns/Bans)
Mic Spam x1
RDM x2
Racism x1
Climb Swep Exploit x1
Event Abuse x1
Prop Abuse x4
FailRP x2

What is your reason(s) for applying for Gamemaster?
My primary reason for applying for Gamemaster is the immense enjoyment I get from interacting with people on the server. Be it from opening a MK2/VIP shop, listening to music and dancing, or from passive RP such as a restaurant, I get a sense of dopamine every time I'm able to entertain or to provide a service to the community. I see becoming a GM as a way to increase the amount of involvement I have in the community, and I've always been envious of the ability of this server's GMs to provide an experience you simply wouldn't be able to obtain on any other Gmod server, something that I would like to be a part of myself.

Have you ever been Event Staff or something similar before? If so, list your previous positions.
I haven't been a GM in any server before, but I was a moderator for CvR back in 2021.

Describe how you react to negative feedback, from constructive criticism to borderline harassment.
For constructive criticism, I would thank them for their feedback and use what I have gathered from what they've said in my design process for my future events. If I felt I was being attacked, I would make my best effort to understand the way they feel, and based on the severity I would report them to their IC superiors or to server moderation staff, but only if I really thought that it was necessary to do so.

While planning a server-wide Event you realized that it would make hosting it much easier if you had another Gamemaster assisting you, and manage to get someone to help. Unfortunately 5 minutes before the Event is scheduled to begin, they messaged you and said they would be absent. How do you proceed?
I would attempt to message another available GM to help me with the event, however if there are none available I would postpone the event until another GM is available to help me.

While planning an Event, you decide to test some of the tools you think would be helpful. You go to the admin room, and start to experiment. Unfortunately, while testing with some NPCs the server crashed. How do you react?
I would report the crash immediately to the necessary staff and higher ranked GMs, in great detail of what I did leading up to the crash and what I believe caused it including video or photo evidence so that any bugs related to the incident can be fixed, as well as take full responsibility for the crash if I believe I was the one that caused it. I would take note of what happened to make sure that I or other GMs don't make the same mistake again.

An NCO has finished training a Recruit, but there are no COs or Staff online to provide the whitelist. What do you do?
I would first check that the recruit was properly trained and logged, and then I would provide the recruit with the necessary whitelist, as well as provide the NCO that trained them with 1 master token.

While hosting a server-wide Event you have implemented a RP section where players can interact with a computer in order to open a door. Unexpectedly, a CO decides that they would rather that door stay closed (Presumably so that the other side cannot continue), and orders that the computer be destroyed. Given that the door is essential to progressing your event, how do you react?
I would allow the computer to be destroyed, however I would provide an alternative for the other faction to reach the objective that doesn't involve the terminal. This way, both factions can be satisfied, and the progress of the event isn't disrupted. Events are meant to provide entertainment to the community as a whole, and I view a faction trying to deny the other faction the ability to engage in the event extremely unsportsmanlike.

While hosting a server-wide Event, a CmD/MAJ decides that they dislike it, and begin to openly attempt to get players to refuse to participate. This reaches the point that there are almost no players participating on one side. How do you resolve the situation?
I would re-assess how I want to conduct the event in such a way that it would be more enjoyable for the community, as well as improve or change the rewards of the event to be more interesting. If the problem persists, I would politely ask the CmD/MAJ personally to stop attempting to disrupt the event, and based on the situation I would ask for moderation staff intervention such as an event disruption warn in more severe cases and simply a verbal warning or kick less severe cases. 

After hosting a server-wide Event, you are in the middle of a post-event Debrief when the COs present tell you to stop hosting your DB so they can host theirs. How do you react?
I would explain to them that I need to go over important event information to each faction and I would let them have the DB as soon as I was finished providing what information I needed to.

What permissions do Gamemasters have, both inside and outside of Events?
Inside events:
- Provide tokens or weapons as event rewards.
- Spawn NPCs, entities, and vehicles.
- Set health, armor, pills, and give weapons.

Outside events:
- Set player whitelists.
- Color vehicles or players to show faction control.
- Help set up player shops or tryout structures, such as climb swep courses.
- Setting up personal shops.
- Getting players unstuck.
- Spawning props and building RP structures.
- MP/JURY brainwashing.

While preparing to host an Event, you notice that there are 3 vehicles deployed, and that the server is lagging a bit because of that. What do you do?
I would allow them to keep the vehicles they currently have deployed however not deploy any more until the event starts. At the start of the event, I would ask that they undeploy any vehicles they currently have out until later into the event when I can control the vehicles each faction has deployed.

Describe your design process of Events prior to queuing them.
I would first test out what tools are available to me, such as NPCs, weapons, and other entities as a GM in the staff room, and then use these to come up with an idea of what I would like the event to be about and how it would function. When I've finalized the idea I have for the event I would ask for feedback on my idea from other GMs as well as some people from the normal player-base. To me, I think that feedback from the community and my peers is the most important part of designing an event that is both entertaining, innovative, and engaging.

Create three Event ideas and describe them below. Be as detailed as you feel necessary. Originality is appreciated, and a lack of details will be penalized.
Event Title: The Arsenal Heist
Event Type: Faction, Attack/Defend
Map: City-13, point C.
Factions: Both, including civilians & anarchists.
Event Rules: 
- Only transport vehicles allowed only.  Transports may not fire. 
- No pushback classes in/near the event area.
- Grid & Engineers may not block off factory entrances, but are allowed to set up barricades for cover and place turrets.

Rebel intelligence has gathered information on a newly established Combine munitions factory in City-13. The factory will produce weapons, ammunition, armor, and other warfighting technology such as mortars and artillery shells. The objective for the rebels is to infiltrate or directly assault the factory and steal as much equipment as they can before they are either able to completely deplete the factory of all equipment or are wiped out by the onslaught of Combine coming to defend the factory.

Before the event starts, the following information will be given to each faction.

Combine:
A munitions factory has been established near/on Point C. Your objective is to defend the factory for 20 minutes. Every 4 minutes, a batch of munitions will be produced by the factory. Whoever is in control of the factory when a batch is produced will secure that weapon cache, and the weapon cache will be spawned in their base at the end of the event, as well as 3,000 resources for every cache secured. You will have a 5 minute period before the 20 minute event timer starts to set up a perimeter around the factory before the rebels begin their assault. 

Rebels:
Rebel intel has gathered information on a munitions factory near/on Point C. Your objective is to attack the factory and hold it for 20 minutes. Every 4 minutes thee factory will produce a batch of weapons. Whoever is in control of the factory will secure that weapon cache, and the cache will be spawned in their base at the end of the event, as well as 3,000 resources for every cache secured. You have a 5 minute assault planning period before the 20 minute event timer to organize attack squads and positions. SUs and Recon may infiltrate the factory to gather information, but cannot attack, and must exfiltrate immediately if they are spotted.

Win conditions and alternative endings/conditions:
Rebel/Combine Main Victory: 
The Rebels/Combine either secured all or most of the weapon caches produced by the factory. The faction that secured more weapon caches than the other faction will receive an additional 3,000 resources while the other faction will lose 3,000 resources. All event participants will receive 1 master token. The event winners will be allowed to choose 1 weapon (excluding pushback weapons or explosives) or piece of equipment (excluding cuffs, climb swep, or mortar pad) to be given to them.

No Faction Control Condition:
If neither faction is in control of the factory when a weapon cache is produced, the cache will be spawned inside of the factory and weapons can be taken by either faction or by civilians and anarchists.

Factory Destruction Ending:
- Either faction can detonate the factory.

- A Heavy/Ballista with CO approval must make a ticket and type '/me plants explosives.' and then roll against the staff taking the ticket. If the Heavy/Ballista rolls higher than the staff member, the bomb is successfully placed and a 5 minute destruction timer begins. If the bomb planter fails the roll, there will be a 4 minute cooldown before their faction can try again.

- Any faction can disarm the other faction's explosives by making a ticket and typing '/me disarms the explosives.' and rolling against the staff member handling the ticket. Any person can roll to defuse the bomb, but if the defuser is a Heavy/Ballista or Engi/Grid, 15 points are added to their roll. If the defuser rolls higher, their faction must hold the factory for 2 minutes, during which the bomb's timer will be halted, and at the end, the bomb will be disabled until the other faction plants another one or until the 20 minute event timer concludes. If the bomb defuser fails the roll, there will be a 2 minute cooldown before their faction can try again. If the defusing faction is defeated by the planting faction in the 2 minute defusal duration, the bomb's timer will continue from where it left off.

[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]- [/color][color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]I[/color][color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]f the bomb is successfully detonated, the factory will be blown up using headcrab shells, killing anyone inside. N[/color][color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]o more weapons caches can be secured by either faction, and the event will end. Each faction will be given 3,000 resources for each weapons cache secured, but no additional resource rewards will be given at the end. The participants of the faction that detonated the factory will get 2 master tokens, while the other faction's participants [/color][color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]will get 1.[/color]

[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]Event Title: Are you not entertained?
[/color]Event Type: Fun, Arena-Based/Gladiatorial 
Map: Any.
Factions: Only Civilians/Anarchists may participate. Anyone can watch, and the observation area will be a no-combat zone. People may request to be teleported to the arena to watch.
Event Rules: 
- Participants must play on civilian/anarchist. 
- Those who wish to participate must have 'Medieval' in their name, and will be teleported to the event area. After receiving event weapons, participants cannot leave the event area with the -weapons, or otherwise must be stripped before being allowed to leave. 
- Intentionally adding 'Medieval' to ones name just to get the weapons to use them in normal gameplay will be seen as event abuse. 

In an event area, a structure resembling an arena will be built, and participants will be placed inside of the arena. All participants will be given a crowbar, and will be allowed to choose either a crossbow or a stunstick as their 2nd weapon. All participants will be given 400 HP. A vote will be taken amongst participants whether they want to be placed into teams, fight in a tournament, or fight free-for-all.

Team-Based:
Equal teams will be placed on opposite ends of the arena. All participants must have their weapons holstered until told they are allowed to fight, this is to prevent crossbow users from immediately killing the enemy team. The arena fights will be fought best out of 3. All participants will get 1 master token, and the winners will get an additional master token each.

Tournament-Based:
Participants will fight 1-on-1 with each other. Dying in combat means you are eliminated from the tournament. The event ends when there is only 1 fighter remaining. All participants get 1 master token. The final fighter will get an additional master token. In the event that the last 2 fighters trade kills, they will both get an additional master token.

Free-For-All:
There will be 3 rounds for this mode. All fighters will be placed in the arena at equal distances from one another. The last person to survive each round will get 1 point. At the end of the event, all participants will get 1 master token, as well as 1 additional token for any points they have. 

[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]Event Title: Revenant Uprising[/color]
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]Event Type: Faction, Assault[/color]
Map: Mainstreet, point G.
Factions: Both factions. Anarchists may be a direct part of the event if they desire.
Event Rules: 

- Each faction will be allowed 1 transport vehicle only. Transports will not be allowed to fire.
- No pushback classes in/near the event area.
- Anarchist volunteers playing as Spetsnaz remnants must have 'Spetsnaz' in their name.
- Intentionally adding 'Spetsnaz' to ones name just to get the weapons to use them in regular gameplay will be seen as event abuse.

A Russian Spetsnaz remnant group, hostile to both the Rebels and the Combine, have seized a mortar site and are actively using it to attack both factions in order to gain control of the region. The soldiers defending the mortar site are heavily armed, trained, and organized. It is in the best interest of both factions to assault the mortar site and put an end to the constant bombardment of explosive ordinance. Random low damage artillery shells may be fired near both factions in order to cause confusion amongst both factions, but not kill anyone, and will be the transition into the explanation of the event.

Combine and rebels will be encouraged to work together to stop the Spetsnaz remnants, however it isn't required and either faction can seize control of the mortar site from the other.

A group of up to 5 anarchist volunteers will be given the following:
- 1,500 HP
- 200 Armor
- AK-47
- Dragunov
- PKM
- CS Terrorist Model

Before the event starts, the following information will be given to both factions.

Intelligence has located the origin of the artillery shells that were being launched and indiscriminately targeting both Combine and Rebels. The objective of both factions is to assault the mortar site, eliminating whoever is in control of it, and seizing the mortar site. Whichever faction controls the point that the mortar site is located will be able to launch artillery shells on a selected point every 5 minutes. While the mortar site is in Spetsnaz control, artillery will be launched indiscriminately on both Combine and Rebel points every 4 minutes, as well as near troop movements of each faction respectively. This is to encourage both the Combine and the Rebels to fight a common enemy. The event ends when the Spetsnaz are defeated. When all the Spetsnaz remnants are killed, the mortar will remain for 30 minutes until it self destructs.

All event participants will receive 1 master token, regardless of victory.

How often do you think GMs should host events?
I think that individual GMs should host an event 1-2 times per week, if not more often. I believe that frequent events will keep the community interested and engaged in the game, so the more events the better.

Do you understand and accept the following clause: I will not leak Staff or Gamemaster information, I will not abuse my powers, and I will not break the Gamemaster rules.
I understand and accept these terms.

Do you understand the basics of using ULX? List what you know.
I have ULX experience from my time as a moderator for CvR and from using it on Sandbox in my free time.
( _ represents a target. # represents a numerical value.)

!administrate 

!unadministrate
!god _
!noclip 

!cloak _ # 
!uncloak _ #
!jail _ #
!unjail _
!spectate _

!kick _ [reason]
!ban _ # [reason]
!unban

!slay _

!sslay _
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]!slap _ # 

[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]!whip _ #
[/color]!ignite _ #
[/color]
!ragdoll _ 
!unragdoll

!hp _
!armor _
!strip _
!give _ [item]
!playsound [sound]

!model [model]

!gag _
!mute
!gimp _

!goto _
!bring _
!return _
!tsay or @@ 
Bozza  Member 31 Jul 23 at 5:47am
cool formatting noob...
+1 it's andie
Johansen likes this post
tea  Senior Server Administrator Junior Affairs Counselor VIP 31 Jul 23 at 6:33am Edited
+1 stinky essay writer raaaah
(events look good, nice guy in general as well!!)

Signature:
LVET MJR
Former MSO MACE CmD
Former MPF GRID OfC-III
Johansen likes this post
RadicalLarry  Trial Gamemaster VIP 31 Jul 23 at 6:35am
+1, I believe he'd make a solid gamemaster.
Johansen likes this post
[DEFN] Venom  Head Administrator Junior Affairs Counselor Trial Gamemaster VIP 31 Jul 23 at 6:59am
Took me a while to scroll down to the comment section +1

Signature:
Head Administrator

ex: NPU Fortress OFC-III
Military Police Captain
ECHO OFC-I
Johansen likes this post
Mercury  VIP 31 Jul 23 at 3:01pm
Application is good however I am relatively concerned about recent warns regarding abuse of trusted/props.

Neutral +1/-1

Signature:

1. The lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He make-ith me to lie down in green pastures.
Johansen likes this post
Willy'sHam  Member 3 Aug 23 at 2:25am
A little concerned about the abuse situation as well, admins have discussed before various prop-vehicles that are capable of killing procured by Andie.

HOWEVER,
acknowledging Andie's characteristics, I do believe that if given a chance, could turn out well. I feel that the warns and props situation comes from a lack of permissions, and ways to properly release their need to create something of substance or fun, since from what I've seen, most of Andie's work is done primarily to add to the experience, rather than detract.

From what I've seen, and what I know, I would give a +1, especially considering the detail in the events. Very well done and thought through!
Johansen likes this post
Chitin  Member 4 Aug 23 at 12:51am Edited
i was told by andie and forced to do a +1 under threat of being blacklisted from eowa

+1
(jokes aside, andie only propkilled people because I kept touching the thing he said not to touch, then it violently slaughtered everyone)
Johansen likes this post
Kowalski  Director of Personnel VIP 25 Aug 23 at 8:26pm Edited
I hate saying "neutral" but I can't say for certain what boat I'm in regarding this application nor do I want to lean to a +1/-1.
My reasoning is aligned with everything stated before me in this thread, specifically concerns of prior use of ULX's.
However you tend to be quite creative which is something I imagine can be appreciated within GM as long as it is done so cautiously.
I just want to throw it out that, If you get accepted you be very careful in how you use your ULX.
Good luck.

Signature:
Director of Personnel

Former Councilman / MSO DvL / Ballista OfC / HECU Major / HVY Major
Johansen likes this post
  • 15 participants