Sigma  Server Administrator VIP 10 Jun 21 at 2:25pm
FULL RP Name(s):
HECU YEEZUS TR PFC Antonio

What is your current IG level?

Discord Username:
Antonio#2064

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:98218853

What region/timezone are you located in?
EST

Do you have a microphone?
Yes

Previous Warns?
7 for RDM,
1 for chat spam, 
1 for harrassment,
1 for disrespect
All somewhere between 2018-2020, tending to early 2018.

Previous Bans?
I think one for a week due to a high volume of warns, which I believe was also in 2018, but no other bans. 

Why do you want to be part of the staff team? Must be at least 3 sentences.
I'd like to be a part of the staff team because I want to help shape and maintain an environment on the server that creates the best experiences for the most amount of people on the community. Personally, I've had a few unfavorable experiences with staff members on this server in the past, and, while sometimes I would be entirely in the wrong, I want to use those experiences to ensure that all players are treated fairly and with respect. Additionally, I want to help slowly dissolve the unfounded notion that the staff team is secretive, elitist, and distant from the interests of the community. Now, I don't believe that this notion is nearly as popular as it used to be on this server, thanks to key members like Joe, Caiok, Mantis, and many more that signify an excellent shift in the general attitude of staff over time. I simply want to follow in their footsteps and assist this trend of community relatability.

Why should you be accepted on the staff team? Must be at least 3 sentences.
I believe I'm qualified to be on the staff team because of my approach towards issues and my ability to sympathize with the average community member. In most of the recent issues I've been engaged in, which have mainly been combine sided because I've never really held a leadership position in the resistance, whether it was internal politics in Sword when I was a commander, problems within the faction, or larger dilemmas pertaining to the community as a whole, I tend to approach issues honestly, rationally, and with consideration and respect to the other side. Because of this, I believe I can produce the best solution in, say, controversial sits which require good judgement. 
As for my ability to sympathize with the average community member, as I've said in a few forum posts/in miscellaneous discord channels, it was most definitely not always that way. As you can see in my warns record, in the initial two years of my time in this community I was brash and inconsiderate. For example, I would DM respectable officers like Whiskey very disrespectful things following justified punishments given to me. 
However, through taking extended time off from the community, coming back, changing my attitude towards people drastically, and building what will probably be lifelong relationships from the ground up, I can confidently saw I've matured greatly from my pettiness of the past, and, through continued activity within the community, which I believe to be integral to being a representative figure of authority, have remade my image here into something that people here can uniquely tend to relate to.

Do you understand that you must have "[DEFN]" tag in your Steam name whenever you join CvR?
Yep.

Any staff who can vouch for you?
Ick, Joe, Strel, Raven, Hong Kong, Mantis, Caiok and Stryker, to name a few.

An MPF Union kills a Civilian but you don't know the reasoning behind the killing.
What do you do?

I tend to not jump the gun with regards to punishments as there are a variety of things that could have happened, such as crossfire kills, but should it lead to a staff sit I would hear both sides of the situation out and give a verdict that aligns best with the rules of the server. 

An H.E.C.U. Soldier enters the Combine base to "RP defect".
How do you proceed as a staff member?

Immediately take him into a sit and simply explain that RP defecting isn't allowed on this server as per the rules, and let his COs know.

You find a SU/MACE CO infiltrating without notifying their team in chat. You bring them into a sit to talk to them about breaking the rules. In this sit the CO threatens to demote your RP character if you don't let them go.
How do you handle this?

I would tell them that they are unable to do that as OOC and IC matters would be completely separate in this case. In the sit, they are engaging with me as a staff member, not as a RP character, and I would proceed with the verdict in the sit and subsequently report this interaction to their superior.

A group of players comes onto the server and threatens to DDOS or raid it.
What do you think you should do?

I would immediately ban these players, or call higher ranking staff members, depending on my authority. Even joking about DDoSing someone is highly punishable. 

You see a high ranking staff member doing something questionable, but you don't know if it is allowed.
What do you do?

I would definitely not immediately act on impulse, but rather bring up the issue with their superiors. 
Stoofer  VIP 10 Jun 21 at 2:29pm
+1 sigma

but fr tho, clean app and a good rep in the community would make a good staff man

Signature:
GB Colonel funny medic
Sigma likes this post
TheJC  VIP 10 Jun 21 at 2:32pm
That red hurts my eyes
Sigma likes this post
Hong Kong  Senior Infrastructure Moderator VIP 10 Jun 21 at 2:33pm
+1
Definitely a hard +1 coming from me.
Sigma is one of the best people in the community, having a level-head and is able to come into situations and see both sides. He would make a great addition to the staff team.

Signature:
HONORARY LA HK
[Image: NecoDance.gif][Image: Necowha-1.gif]
Sigma likes this post
Redert  Server Moderator 10 Jun 21 at 3:07pm
+1
Sigma sucks but he is also a very fair person willing to see both sides. Active aswell accept dis guy

Signature:
R&D COL
Honorary Shield
Sigma likes this post
Valiant  VIP 10 Jun 21 at 3:23pm
FINALLY
+1 Everything that I could say has already been said, most people here can agree he's one of the best people in DEFN

Signature:
Valiant / Valkyria
LA/MED/CROSS/HECU
Sigma likes this post
mint julep  VIP 10 Jun 21 at 3:58pm
+1

Wish you'd applied when I was still staff.

Get em tiger.

Signature:
[Image: DonaldTrump-HighestIQ_600x600.png?v=1600184239]
Sigma likes this post
oogasboogas  VIP 10 Jun 21 at 3:58pm
just a hecu sheeeeeeesh

but +1 from me all of the above applies to this app
Sigma likes this post
Cheesey  VIP 10 Jun 21 at 4:01pm
Major +1
I've known Antonio for over 3 years now and honestly can say he would be a great addition to our staff team. Guy is a prime example of maturing and becoming a better person as when we were younger both of us weren't the greatest behavior wise. However he now has become a pillar of this community for more reasons that one and brings a positive attitude to whatever situation he is put in. I have no doubt that he can handle any staff related issues and will prove himself a valuable member to our staff team.
Magnum and Sigma like this post
  • 22 participants