Assassin Return-To-Spawn Removal

ozz12231  VIP 15 Sep 22 at 6:49pm
Make assassins spawn at base when they die to :troll:
+1 its annoying to a point were u dont wanna face an assassin and u run from them
Make spawn time longer when u die from an assassin and remove the spawn in base aids
Bel1ve.  VIP 15 Sep 22 at 7:07pm Edited
Makes a thread to nerf a class it's utility with nothing to compensate for it.

Also there already is a thread up regarding this most of the arguments are stated there.

Tldr:
gives assassin more purpose, they have strict deployment rules (more strict than fucking vehicles), a skill issue if you get annoyed and don't approach the situation differently. (Flank, go with squad, call-out position, using transport vehicles)

gammaghostneo, Hollow, bee21 like this post
[DEFN] Sentinel  President 15 Sep 22 at 7:09pm
Just a thought, maybe instead of trying to nerf their effectiveness, you request changes to their deployment rules so that the power level makes more sense?
Valiance  Member 15 Sep 22 at 7:28pm
(15 Sep 22 at 7:07pm)Bel1ve. Wrote: Makes a thread to nerf a class it's utility with nothing to compensate for it.

Also there already is a thread up regarding this most of the arguments are stated there.

Tldr:
gives assassin more purpose, they have strict deployment rules (more strict than fucking vehicles), a skill issue if you get annoyed and don't approach the situation differently. (Flank, go with squad, call-out position, using transport vehicles)

I'm fine with giving them something to compensate. Giving them better deployment rules, where they can deploy without one side being on the defense could be an idea.
I'm not out to just "get" the assassin players; the opposite, I just want this one thing removed and compensated for. I never meant to imply otherwise.
Calling out assassins is effective, but most of the time you lose your life for the callout and transports usually aren't deployed due to vehicle rules, from what I've seen. Flanking is sometimes effective, but can't be reliably done, and usually isn't worth the effort from personal experience. With a cuff class it is effective and worth it, but otherwise not really. Going with squads does help, but doesn't really address issue.
And sniper sightlines dominate much of CvR's map pools, so avoiding approaching an assassin's position is difficult. You're going to peek a sightline eventually, and there's a chance that an assassin is going to see you and kill you quickly.
Chad The Impaler likes this post
[DEFN] Sentinel  President 15 Sep 22 at 7:29pm
"transports usually aren't deployed due to vehicle rules" Transports have no deployment rules specifically for this reason. They can be deployed at will.
Valiance  Member 15 Sep 22 at 7:30pm Edited
(15 Sep 22 at 7:29pm)[DEFN] Sentinel Wrote: "transports usually aren't deployed due to vehicle rules" Transports have no deployment rules specifically for this reason. They can be deployed at will.

I never see them deployed. If they were common I wouldn't have made this thread.
I didn't know that, so my fault.
Nekso  Senior Infrastructure Moderator VIP 15 Sep 22 at 7:41pm
Neutral, I agree that having assassins force respawn you at base is very helpful to push back the opposing side and works pretty effective but in my opinion, it does add way too much annoyance to it. I think the way to solve this is to just add a longer respawn time, maybe 45 seconds or something like that.
Butch (Fake Tower) and TheJC like this post
chickenballs  Member 15 Sep 22 at 8:23pm
feels so bad when u 1 shot a level 10 09 union who spent 5 minutes trying to find his way out of base just for him to be forced to repeat it again
Rotten  VIP 15 Sep 22 at 9:03pm
+1

i used to disagree with this because it was the only thing that Assassin had going for them but in terms of gameplay wise. the whole send-back thing was a pretty bleh idea in the first place. I feel as it hinders the experience of playing ( especially for new players) a shit ton

instead of just removing this and making assassin have nothing again i much rather see there deployment rules be toned down to not match EOD/OSS's deployment rule ( cuz they have half of what that class does) and then aswell maybe making it to Assassins are able to deploy when 1 factions out number the other by like 2:1

i feel as this would def see a tick in the assassin activity if they had more means to deploy
Valiance  Member 15 Sep 22 at 9:24pm
(15 Sep 22 at 9:03pm)Rotten Wrote: +1

i used to disagree with this because it was the only thing that Assassin had going for them but in terms of gameplay wise. the whole send-back thing was a pretty bleh idea in the first place. I feel as it hinders the experience of playing ( especially for new players) a shit ton

instead of just removing this and making assassin have nothing again i much rather see there deployment rules be toned down to not match EOD/OSS's deployment rule ( cuz they have half of what that class does) and then aswell maybe making it to Assassins are able to deploy when 1 factions out number the other by like 2:1

i feel as this would def see a tick in the assassin activity if they had more means to deploy

Totally fair. And, it would make assassin a more active class.
  • 21 participants