Ballistics Second GM Application. (This time its better I swear.)

Ballistic  VIP 26 Apr 21 at 3:52pm Edited
List all RP Character names

WB P-B NCO SLAVER SGT Ballistic, MP HEAVY PFC Ballistic, NPU RIOT 08 1299, OVA KILO VC-IV 08 1288 Ballistic, KGB MTD PFC Ballistic

SteamID & Discord Name/Tag

SteamID64: 76561198840241322

SteamID32: STEAM_0:0:439987797

Discord: Supervisor of Swag™#9681

Region/Timezone

CST

List all (if any) previous punishments (Warns/Bans)

I only have 1 for RDM because I killed a civ with my strider.

What is your reason(s) for applying for Gamemaster?

I have two big reasons for wanting to join GM. My first is because of things like spawning cars for anarch factions as such, because as a KGB I find myself wondering "Man, where are the GMs at" and usually when I finally get one, they get off about an hour later, and my car is despawned. Also on top of this, things like the strider and hunter cameras needing to be fixed, I find myself waiting for staff/GM to get on to help. My second reason for wanting to join GM is because of the lack of GMs that are usually on during the day, hosing Events that don't take up the entire map.

Have you ever been Event Staff or something similar before? If so, list your previous positions.

I haven't been exactly Event Staff, however for one of my military RP servers I was an SSGT, meaning I was able to host events for my division, so it's on a much smaller scale.

Describe how you react to negative feedback, from constructive criticism to borderline harassment.

I get that some people don't enjoy the events, and that's fine, however when people are straight harassing me about something I did wrong, I would use my recording software to record our interactions and bring it up with some of the staff about it, however, some of the criticism like "I didn't enjoy how you set this up, this is how you could do it better" those I enjoy hearing because it lets me learn about what most of the population of CvR enjoys event wise than just the basic PvP battle arenas.

While planning a server-wide Event you realized that it would make hosting it much easier if you had another Gamemaster assisting you, and manage to get someone to help. Unfortunately 5 minutes before the Event is scheduled to begin, they messaged you and said they would be absent. How do you proceed?

I would see if I couldn't get another GM on to help out in those 5 minutes, but if not I would simply try and do it by myself, with some help from staff if they can lend.

While planning an Event, you decide to test some of the tools you think would be helpful. You go to the admin room, and start to experiment. Unfortunately, while testing with some NPCs the server crashed. How do you react?

The first thing I would do is report it to sentinal and the rest of the staff team so the NCP can be blacklisted, then get back on and apologize for crashing the server.

An NCO has finished training a Recruit, but there are no COs or Staff online to provide the whitelist. What do you do?

I don't believe GMs are able to Whitelist, as that's only staff and COs, so I would tell them to try and get a CO on in their discord.

While hosting a server-wide Event you have implemented a RP section where players can interact with a computer in order to open a door. Unexpectedly, a CO decides that they would rather that door stay closed (Presumably so that the other side cannot continue), and orders that the computer be destroyed. Given that the door is essential to progressing your event, how do you react?

I would tell him to refrain from destroying the door, and if he does insist, I would start a countdown where the said CO and troops have to hold the door from attacking forces and make it so if they do defend it for long enough, destroy it. However, while the countdown is going, I would think of another way the attacking forces would be able to breach through.

While hosting a server-wide Event, a CmD/MAJ decides that they dislike it, and begin to openly attempt to get players to refuse to participate. This reaches the point that there are almost no players participating on one side. How do you resolve the situation?

I would tell him privately to stop with it, as just because of his high ranking, that he should have had a say in whether people should play or not, and if he continues contact any online staff about the situation and have it resolved that way.

After hosting a server-wide Event, you are in the middle of a post-event Debrief when the COs present tell you to stop hosting your DB so they can host theirs. How do you react?

I tell him that he must wait his turn for his DB, and allow him to do his after it did with all the necessary procedures.

What permissions do Gamemasters have, both inside and outside of Events?

As a GM, we can do things like spawn in NPCs, vehicles, and props, all being used by the different factions both in and outside of events.

While preparing to host an Event, you notice that there are 3 vehicles deployed, and that the server is lagging a bit because of that. What do you do?

I would tell them to hold off on spawning any more vehicles, and try and see if I cant dupe the event and delete it until there are less vehicles so I can continue building the event.

Describe your design process of Events prior to queuing them.

I would first ask in-game if anyone would like a DB, then if everyone says they would begin constructing said event. After I have everything ready, I would tell everyone who would like to be in the event, to put event in their name and become Civ, then pull everyone who wants to join in an area so I can basically describe what we are gonna do. Then once I let them free and the event is finished, I would get rid of everything and put up a poll, asking how good it was.

Create three Event ideas and describe them below. Be as detailed as you feel necessary. Originality is appreciated, and a lack of details will be penalized.

1. Mario Cart in CvR. I would simply create a tracklike area out of the way of all the combat, and use some of the low-rate civ cars so they don't destroy the server, then I would get a winners and losers box so people can spectate if they wish. I would probably have multiple rounds for the winners so I can thin the winners depending on how many people are in the game, and once I get my winners, reward them properly with something like scrap piles or such.

2. A simple wave defense scenario. I would probably reinforce a point out of the way of all the battle and have everyone defend it for like, 5-10 waves, spawning things like ant lions and such and equipping them with different equipment like health and armor, as well as some ammo and things in the later rounds like a few RPG crates and such. Maybe even have a RES pool that you get like, 10k per round, and you can purchase things as a team via a poll, and whichever wins will be spawned, so they can have originality in the wave defense.

3. Juggernaut. Give a player a few thousand health, and give everyone else some weapons, or maybe even a strider for a juggernaut, depending on the balance. There are multiple ways I would balance it out, but its all down to simply how many people are in the game.

How often do you think GMs should host events?

I think we should strive for at least 1 small one a day, so it's not just one every, week or so. Now, I understand some of the maps are a pain to build on, so a lot of people don't wana to make events.

Do you understand and accept the following clause: I will not leak Staff or Gamemaster information, I will not abuse my powers, and I will not break the Gamemaster rules. Additionally, I will add [DEFN] to my Steam name.

I understand.

Do you understand the basics of using ULX? List what you know.
I am an engineer VIP, so I know how to make shit like large FOBs and arenas, but things like NPCs and vehicle spawning, I've never done within CvR, however, I have spent a long time in singleplayer just fucking around with some of the stuff there, so the basics of ULX I do understand.

Signature:
- Ballistic, funny sniper man
Kiwi  Certified Gamemaster VIP 26 Apr 21 at 7:49pm
you have some good and bad to your app, and I'll go over the main points I see. 
The Good: 
1. you have prior experience with a GM like position
2. I've seen you in game and you seem like you have a good/similar mindset to be a good GM
3. you want to help with the anarchist project, which to my understanding needs help.

The Bad:
1. a general lack of knowledge on quite a few subjects (this can be fixed)
2. the events are pretty basic and bland 
3. not really a big problem but going back to 1. on the ULX question they are asking about commands that the ulx system has (again these can be learned with time so not to much of a problem)  

I would like to see you be given a chance but the app definitely could be better.

Signature:
Aka CWU/Ballista CO Kiwi
BEEP BOP  Certified Gamemaster Junior Infrastructure Moderator VIP 30 Apr 21 at 1:15am
The app is good could use a bit more detail. Also based on in-person interactions I feel that you are competent enough and also a nice person to hold the position of a game master And we could see some very promising things in the future if you also learn how to use you ulx properly and get trained properly as we all know athead won't train you properly over all
+1
Ballistic likes this post
mantis  VIP 30 Apr 21 at 8:10am
I have to agree with beep bop, you just need a little more detail and put the ULX commands I think it would be good, your also a cool guy so +1

Signature:
OVA SWAT OFC-II Mantis
[Image: caption.gif]
Dopplah  VIP 30 Apr 21 at 8:36am
So, as i agree with Kiwi, Your events are Kind of simple and short aswell, and the Answers are okay in my opinion.
However i will +1.

Signature:
Kapitan Dopplah 
                  Doppler phase 2
Destitute the :dab:  Chief Executive Officer VIP 30 Apr 21 at 8:46am
the suggested events are kinda doo doo imo, but idk it seems ok yeah
Cheesey  VIP 30 Apr 21 at 12:54pm
(30 Apr 21 at 8:46am)Destitute the :dab: Wrote: the suggested events are kinda doo doo imo, but idk it seems ok yeah
Yeah what aussie guy said but a bit more formal.
I'm neutral

Signature:
Moderator Frost
RU 1LT Frost
MACE 2472
Ballistic  VIP 1 May 21 at 1:41am
Yea, im not good at planning shit out, to be honest im more of a guy who gets ideas popped into his head.
[DEFN] Aithead  Head Gamemaster VIP 2 May 21 at 11:41pm
Denied.

So, I have things to say. Basically, lemme start with saying that your entire reason for wanting to join GM revolves around taking your own tickets, and your application but especially your Event ideas reflect that.

1. Mario Cart Events are almost always mediocre at best. They can be fun, but the main problem here is that this has no originality whatsoever. It's literally based on a different video game.

2. Wave defense is incredibly generic. There is literally nothing interesting about this Event.

3. Juggernaut Events are fundamentally flawed by the very simple concept that players don't like throwing themselves at something with an ungodly amount of HP.

You may re-apply in two weeks.

Locked + Moved.

Signature:
I've been around the world and its seven seas, seen the sights to see yet I always come back to you.

Gamemaster Supervisor, I've got three people sitting on my shoulder named Sentinel, Desi, and Joe, and they're the consciousness that tells me not to to commit war crimes.

Previous GRID CmD. Currently power tripping. 
  • 9 participants