Ban appeal

[DEFN] Sentinel  President 17 Feb 22 at 5:23pm
While you broke the rules yourself and have been given the proper punishment for it, you do have a point that people will flaunt rules if they think they can get away with it.
Not to mention, everyone here knows that the instances minishogun is referencing usually had people higher than him as the perpetrator.
The point he's making would be perfectly legitimate if he was a brand new player, but he isn't.

While I am against an unban or reduction of ban time, I believe the correct action here is to call out others who have gotten away with it; so this doesn't happen again.

And before anyone says "This won't happen again, Minishogun is stupid and doesn't represent the majority"; I can point to how long scoot got away with it for.
There is no defense to the criticisms Minishogun is making, because they are 100% accurate.
Minishogun721  Server Administrator VIP 17 Feb 22 at 5:24pm
Even with the music this does add some much-needed context. Thank you. I'll edit the video link onto the appeal itself.
Shower  VIP 17 Feb 22 at 6:27pm
+1 important ass niggas rdm all the time and eat bans
morde blows up a few dbs for funny joke
man legit got a 3 month ban for fucking around
mint julep  VIP 17 Feb 22 at 7:18pm
As the staff member who banned you I believe I need to provide a thorough explanation of the situation and my perspective.

I also was the CO conducting the tryout wherein LC Antonio was also undercover and participating. At the final stage of the tryout, and as clearly documented in the video you provided, I ordered the Cadets to peacefully disperse the crowd present. You can also clearly hear me repeat myself when gunfire begins. Before the clip began (unless my ears may fail me and it is actually in the clip) I clearly began to address the attendees of the tryouts, even going as far as to ORDER members such as yourself out of their line before giving further instruction. It was made very clear that only the Cadets should have been dispersing any crowds and that it should have been conducted peacefully. Something unique from the usual firefights of a HECU tryout.

As the clip goes on you can see me not moving at all as I am completely dumbfounded. Upon me ordering my Cadets to try and peacefully disperse a crowd people who were not my Cadets begin to quite fucking violently disperse the crowd. The ensuing firefight was a fucking embarrassment. For months we have worked to flavor our tryouts in favor of unique tdm experiences and challenging questioning phases, moving away from the mass rdm that was very prevalent in the months before. We as a whole in the FH CO team have moved away from that kind of disruptive behavior and do not condone it, recent occurrences such as this are either accidents or caused by independently acting aggressors. What the clip you have provided shows is a lack of proper attention by people who's assistance was no longer needed.

The ensuing bans were conducted by myself and Antonio who did our best to prosecute based on the chaos of the situation. As he may corroborate I was already pressed for time hence why I ending the tryout, and I banned the people who I witnessed causing/continuing the chaos.

As I read through these comments and replies I believe that the correct course of action would be an assessment of available documentation by other staff members and punishment for the RDM which occurred should be administered at their discretion. I myself deny any personal misconduct and believe that my orders were very clear and promise that my punishments were administered to the best of my abilities.

I believe that in cases like this it is important to understand the context and that in absolutely no context was their a valid reason for Minishogun or Dopplah to repeatedly massacre their own teammates, outside of their own blatantly ignorant perceptions of the situation.

Signature:
[Image: DonaldTrump-HighestIQ_600x600.png?v=1600184239]
Minishogun721  Server Administrator VIP 17 Feb 22 at 7:43pm Edited
As Colonel of FOXHOUND, what would you expect to happen when you say to "peacefully disperse a crowd"? Especially when you can see in Cheeto's video where you step off to the side, conveniently right at the border of every recruit's line of fire. It's just ignorant to believe that something bad won't happen. You gave no prior "hey we're gonna try something new." No prior warning. And I have no idea where you mentioned where it would be a cadets only exercise, let alone how it has any meaningfulness to the tryout. The question phase was utter nonsense. The combat portion was a disjointed shitshow. Think to yourself, "how is this going to end when I phrase this in the most ominous way possible?" Even then, how would we peacefully disperse a crowd? We don't have cuffs, nor do we have any form of people moving equipment, nor authority. It was a public zone of rebel base. While you had the authority. All you had to do was type in officer chat, "clear off so I can log these recruits." It was totally unnecessary and even before that incident was one of the worst tryouts I've ever seen. Lastly, I never fired the first shot. It was one of the cadets. Does it make it right? No, but it counts for something at least in my eyes.

Next, how do you expect us to hear you in the midst of a hail of gunfire? Cheeto was close to you, I wasn't, and Dopplah was on the other side of the rebel base.

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that me and Dopplah were the only ones banned. Being stretched for time doesn't mean anything. Alma was there. Antonio was there. Even if I got the highest bodycount, why is it just me and Dopplah that were punished?
Bateman  VIP 17 Feb 22 at 7:52pm
I'm neutral. rdm can be funny when you kill like 1 or 2 people, and hecu is quite well known for rdming in tryouts and mds, but at the same time it sounds like they don't want to continue this behavior

Still funny nonetheless
Minishogun721  Server Administrator VIP 17 Feb 22 at 8:04pm
Throughout this thread I've show professionalism. I'd appreciate if you could reciprocate it, instead of just replying "ratio."

If you don't want to continue this behavior from the division, the first thing I'd think of is a mature reply to the person you think stripped so much of it from you.
Redert  Server Moderator 17 Feb 22 at 8:19pm
I know I’m the last person to say something like this, and it’s already been stated on this thread, but you mass rdmed, just take the damn ban. I do understand that others RDMed aswell, but you could have just sent clips under DMs, instead of starting this thread shit fest

Signature:
R&D COL
Honorary Shield
  • 13 participants