MPF UNION 09 4209

Discord Username:
A: mc bruh#1273

Steam ID:
A: STEAM_0:1:564949524

Workshop Link: (If applicable)
A: N/A

What is your suggestion?
A: Bring back old shields. After playing with new shield on SU (RIOT and SHIELD) I've found that its way easier to counter than old shield, basically making shield classes extremely outclassed, they can just be 2v1 and outsmarted in an instant, and ballistas literally destroy them. Take Professor's CK as an example "SHIELD has become something I cannot play, so as to say why CO something I cannot enjoy. Although I cannot deny it was fun for the time. I cannot see myself playing it anymore with the new update." I sorta knew professor before his CK, he was committed to getting better at SHIELD, he was committed to cvr, after update, i only saw him once, then a couple days later he CK'ed. Now i know that some people actually like the new shield, but its just too boring and under powered, there was really no point of the shield, maybe because of how buggy the old shield could've been, but it was generally fairly rated, and had a active community, i only see RU's nowadays, no SHIELDS, and very rarely RIOTS.

How would this benefit the server?
A: maybe revive the other shield classes (SHIELD and RIOT)
Bel1ve.  VIP 21 Dec 21 at 5:47pm
the current shield is more optimized in performance if I recall correctly, hence why it hasn't been changed back. Doubt it will be changed back unless there is a serious (general) player decline because of it and currently that isn't the case. However I am not against the idea, I liked the previous one a lot more.
Magnum  Certified Gamemaster VIP 21 Dec 21 at 5:59pm
-1 The old shield was an inconsistent nightmare. The current shield is downright overpowered if you know what you're doing. Every single class can and should lose to bad odds put against them. If I remember correctly as part of the performance reasons, the old shield was something like 3900 lines of code more than the current one. RIOT has had problems long before the shield was changed as well as far as numbers go and as far as I've been able to tell, so did SHIELD and commando.
Bore/Sev  Head Administrator VIP 21 Dec 21 at 6:07pm
(21 Dec 21 at 5:59pm)Magnum Wrote: -1 The old shield was an inconsistent nightmare. The current shield is downright overpowered if you know what you're doing. Every single class can and should lose to bad odds put against them. If I remember correctly as part of the performance reasons, the old shield was something like 3900 lines of code more than the current one. RIOT has had problems long before the shield was changed as well as far as numbers go and as far as I've been able to tell, so did SHIELD and commando.

The Mangum is true

While the old shield has its strengths of letting you be offensive with riot shotty, which is a downside of the current shield since you have to swap between them, the current shield is great for distractions or for leading pushes. Expecting the shield to be your get out of jail free card is going to be your downfall.

Signature:
Current MPF Lobster (Head AIU)
SENTRY T-OfC SENTRY.mp3

Bore is dead
HECU FH PVT Bore2

Secretly a Staff Main
Zio  VIP 21 Dec 21 at 6:20pm
The shield we have now can be useful even when your alone it but requires a specific set of perks to be usable, which isn't the greatest thing in my opinion.
You can 1v4 enemy squads with proper use of your equipment as RU (talking from experience), but it gets absolutely demolished by any explosives, especially ballista since the stupid update that gave them mortars that don't even require brain activation but that's a story for another day.

Overall it would be nice to have a bit more versatility with the current shield like quick grenade throw and takes a bit of time to fully figure it out, but its still not as bad as you seem to make it out to be.
Asquiish  VIP 21 Dec 21 at 6:38pm
+1 this new shield is cool and all but i prefer the old one best
Lord Graycat  VIP 21 Dec 21 at 7:41pm
-1 While I do enjoy the old shield, the new one far outclasses the old in every field. With the old one, two classes were extremely underpowered while two were decently strong, and now all of them are well off (Despite what some may say)

Essentially, the new shield benefits everyone far more than the old shields benefitted just two classes
"SHIELD? Don't you mean neuter yourself to a worse SENTRY just to be useable?" - a SHIELD 07 that left the largest imprint in my mind as to why the old shields sucked

Signature:
EX-SHIELD CO
MP CO
No, I'm not staff, what are you talking about?

[Image: raw]
bad rats fan 69  Member 21 Dec 21 at 10:12pm
-1 i love the shield
in all seriousness its pretty fun to use and more fun to fight imho. old shield just made people bullet sponges and was always out, now people have to think about how and when to use it.
TheJC  VIP 21 Dec 21 at 10:18pm
I fucking hate fighting this new shield, haven't used it at all yet though, should probably try it out soon.
PaulVZ22  VIP 29 Dec 21 at 6:35am
-1 the new shield has an entirely different play style from the old one which is mainly melee based. The biggest problem with this at the moment is that you are basically forced into a melee perk build. The shield is a lot of the time a worse melee weapon when fighting the crowbar and stunstick because of how accurate you need to be to hit someone with it. Those are the Cons. Here are the Pros. The new shield makes it so that people have to think about a way to flank and kill you, no more shoot 4 extra bullets than needed to kill you stuff. The new shield is way more optimized than the old one, the old one had constant problems with bullets going straight through it hitting you, it being hit through walls and overall being a glitchy mess. With the new shield I've only had it happen to me 3 times since the update where I was killed through the shield with one even the rebel saying he shouldn't have killed me. The new shield makes it more fun to play making you have to think about when to switch between the lmg and the shield. Lastly the new shield finally made the bipod attachment useful since with the old shield lmg combo you couldn't crouch and you would barely ever remove the shield to do so.
  • 14 participants