Cerritulus's Ban Appeal!

[DEFN] Aithead  Head Gamemaster VIP 16 Jul 22 at 11:40pm Edited
Yaknow, it would be pretty cool if I ever got reports about GMs abusing, that way I might be able to do anything about it.

GMs get a lot of freedom with what they're allowed to do, but they still have restrictions, and if they're doing stuff that isn't part of an Event or Ticket it's still abuse.

In terms of the ban itself and all the commentary about how ban times should be changed and whatever, here's some fun facts;

-RDM is almost always teamkill or spawncamp. Some people do also kill civilians.
-Some games automatically punish teamkill or spawncamp by banning the player from the service temporarily, for example, Rainbow Six Siege, which bans for 30 minutes.
-CvR has Staff who can actually review the punishment, and Management who can review appeals for it. That alone makes it better than an automatic system, even if most rule breaks for RDM should be punished regardless of the situation, as it still breaks the rules (Ex. as an example of that, a Martyr player exploding due to TK results in the punishment for the TKer, not the Martyr)
-The reason why punishments for RDM are usually MRDM, is because MRDM is more noticeable than RDM. If you pay attention in-game, TK happens all the time in individual increments. RDM still carries a punishment that scales up to 1 week per count of it, which is slightly slower scaling than MRDM, but isn't an absence of a punishment like some people claim.

Fun Fact Part 2: If you don't want to get banned for 6 weeks, simply don't break the rule. Every single time this happens it's somebody doing something dumb that could've been easily avoided.

You can talk about how it's unfair to older players who are "just dicking around" all you like -or any other permutation of that phrase-, but being a veteran of the game just means you have no excuse for not knowing the rules. Blowing up a DB because you felt like TKing, or MRDMing your entire team during a speech by a resigning oldie, or randomly deciding to go sicko mode on a tryout are all avoidable problems which are completely unnecessary to gameplay.

Fun Fact Part 3: If you want to have stuff like this allowed during your resignation or whatever, talk to a GM and make it an Event. It's only accepted on a case-by-case basis, and generally only for good reason, but asking is better than getting banned for 6 weeks because you thought you were being funny.

Signature:
Gamemaster Supervisor.

Ancient GRID CmD, prior SU Major/GB COL.

Credit to SEVIN.
[Image: 20220724145724_1.png]
Sigma likes this post
Cerritulus  VIP 17 Jul 22 at 12:56am Edited
While, I agree on all of this when it comes to the normal standard and I'm not saying this just because I fell victim to it. Back when I was an admin, I day to day took tickets and banned people with reasonable times like 3 days, up to a week or two for the highest offenses that are acceptable.... Six weeks is a month and a half, that's an incredibly long time for a simple ha ha funny moment where everyone was killing each other, goofing around, having fun. Stuff like this is never planned, hence why they end up being funny in the end when it happens because it takes everyone by surprise.

A Game master spawned the artillery in, pointed near the combine outside the base. I merely pulled the triggered in the heat of the moment because I've just felt it'd be fine as it's hurting no one and in events like these, gm's always blown us up anyways for the funny ha ha and we always enjoy it just because of the fact I stated. That's the premise of it. If it hurts no one, it shouldn't be punished so harshly. No one from my experience as some others said, forwardly complained. Grid and a Gm prior was bombarding the the area with shells.

This is a double standard that needs to be changed. Just because you hold the title as Head Game master doesn't mean you can outwardly dictate what happens to another GM when it comes to the rules. You are allowed to pick and choose who is a GM, what they can and cannot do and what ends up happening to their title as GM. However, Gm's shouldn't be treated different from players on a day to day basis if the players too will be punished for antics during these small scale events. GM aren't staff, they're players with power and responsibility to make the server enjoyable and to create events to make the day to day enjoyable for those who participate.

Conclusion, Game Masters should be held as responsible as players in following the rules. If they mass rdm, do not get punished by the Staff, then a player is punished like this in my case, then the GM and parties involved should be equally punished as it was all in the same situation/event. If a Game Master who starts such actions, then a player involved in this sort of circumstance who non-maliciously blows up an entire speech that was being taken place in discord with people waddling around and celebrating, then said person should not be punished.

On normal circumstances where people are just playing, or a gm is doing an actual event like capture this area or whatever, then the full extent of the punishment should be handed off and as some others feel, it should still be reduced at least in my opinion a week at most would be punishment enough if they don't leave the sit, 6 weeks is the type of punishment you give someone who argues, fights and then leaves the admin sit to try and make the admin's job harder. Though I do agree with most of what you said, but you have to take it case by case, that's what the staff's job is to do. Their job isn't just to ban people, it's to use their judgement by investigating the situation, the circumstance and fairly handing out sentences they feel is fit. At least that's how it was back in 2019 to 2020.

This isn't me trying to get other people punished, I don't feel like anyone in this situation should be punished besides really me because I did the most out of everyone, but I feel like the punishment is too harsh for what the circumstance was. That's six weeks of being away from a community over an in the moment thing that didn't intrude on the experience of others. This is just me basically speaking my heart out on some points and thoughts that people brought up and if Im going to stay banned for this long duration, then I should feel like something should come out of it like further conversation surrounding circumstance and punishment and how things should be handled.
Sigma and bed crabs like this post
Etzil  VIP 17 Jul 22 at 1:18am
Quote:Fun Fact Part 2: If you don't want to get banned for 6 weeks, simply don't break the rule. Every single time this happens it's somebody doing something dumb that could've been easily avoided.

You can talk about how it's unfair to older players who are "just dicking around" all you like -or any other permutation of that phrase-, but being a veteran of the game just means you have no excuse for not knowing the rules. Blowing up a DB because you felt like TKing, or MRDMing your entire team during a speech by a resigning oldie, or randomly deciding to go sicko mode on a tryout are all avoidable problems which are completely unnecessary to gameplay.

I believe Aithead said it best here. I'll keep it short and simple. You knew what you were doing, and I don't think that you deserve to be unbanned because you're a long-time player and people like you.

Signature:
Yours Truly,
     Etzil, Professional Dumbass
bed crabs  VIP 17 Jul 22 at 1:28am
(17 Jul 22 at 1:18am)Etzil Wrote:
Quote:Fun Fact Part 2: If you don't want to get banned for 6 weeks, simply don't break the rule. Every single time this happens it's somebody doing something dumb that could've been easily avoided.

You can talk about how it's unfair to older players who are "just dicking around" all you like -or any other permutation of that phrase-, but being a veteran of the game just means you have no excuse for not knowing the rules. Blowing up a DB because you felt like TKing, or MRDMing your entire team during a speech by a resigning oldie, or randomly deciding to go sicko mode on a tryout are all avoidable problems which are completely unnecessary to gameplay.

I believe Aithead said it best here. I'll keep it short and simple. You knew what you were doing, and I don't think that you deserve to be unbanned because you're a long-time player and people like you.

Your signature rings true! I implore you to reread the post. That is absolutely NOT the reason they are asking to be unbanned.
Chad The Impaler likes this post
Big Iron  Senior Infrastructure Moderator VIP 17 Jul 22 at 2:04am
pro tip, shooting at a massive group of your team is not a good idea
Cerritulus and Onx like this post
Etzil  VIP 17 Jul 22 at 2:29am
(17 Jul 22 at 1:28am)bed crabs Wrote:

Your signature rings true! I implore you to reread the post. That is absolutely NOT the reason they are asking to be unbanned.
> My "long time player" stance comes from where he talks about how things were in 2019 and 2020.
> I say "because people like you" because others were placing their +1s. A bit misworded, but I stick to my point.

(17 Jul 22 at 2:04am)Big Iron Wrote: pro tip, shooting at a massive group of your team is not a good idea

so true
Cerritulus  VIP 17 Jul 22 at 2:53am Edited
(17 Jul 22 at 2:29am)Etzil Wrote:
(17 Jul 22 at 1:28am)bed crabs Wrote:

> My "long time player" stance comes from where he talks about how things were in 2019 and 2020.
> I say "because people like you" because others were placing their +1s. A bit misworded, but I stick to my point.

2019 to 2020 were a different beast. Mass RDM was in the least a 3 day ban to a week, 2 weeks if they leave during a sit. I for the most part thought it was okay if those around me were doing it, especially because a Game Master was doing it too and was spawning an Artillery gun. I actually thought he was going to shoot the group himself because that's what I know the GM for doing like in the Cross Mass Deployment where they spawned them and immediately blew the 10 of us up (This isn't Mannerheim specifically, just a generalization), but I supposed I may of misjudged and definitely went too far, I did expect some form of repercussion after the fact, just not as severe as it came to be as I'm use the the old system. It apparently wasn't an actual event of any sort beyond what the players were doing which is learned after the fact, so I suppose the rules still heavily apply regardless of what the mass may think. GM was reprimanded for their actions and I'm here with a 6 week ban which I feel should be heavily reduced to a week at most because 6 weeks is a long time away from the said community and for anyone who really wants to be apart of the said community is a huge detriment because they wont be able to play online with those said people on the CvR server until all the time is up... As much as I would like an unban, I really can't ask for that so at most I'm hoping for a reduction, like a plea for mercy due to the said circumstance
Destitute the :dab:  Chief Executive Officer VIP 17 Jul 22 at 5:45am
I'm abit confused on the exact justification behind a shorter ban. Other people were involved but rather than provide evidence/names so the staff team can get everyone involved, it is used as a reason to reduce the ban. Reducing a ban time because the time is punishing seems kind of against the point of having a long ban time as deterrent in the first place. 

These are not points which I could consider a reduction nor a unban for. 

Rather, considering the fact that Cerri appears to have simply gotten caught up in the general minge behaviour of such an event and has admitted that doing so was incredibly irresponsible, I do think a reduction in the ban time.

However, the staff member responsible for the ban still hasn't responded yet, so I'll wait for that before I provide a firmer opinion. 

(17 Jul 22 at 1:28am)bed crabs Wrote:

There's no need for the insults, if you cannot engage in this discussion without insults then do not contribute further.

Signature:
Don't worry! The Yakuza 4 of us know what to do!

[Image: doomer.jpg]
Cerritulus and Alma Armas like this post
PersikkaPete  VIP 17 Jul 22 at 2:22pm Edited
Sorry about this but uhh my intent for the cannons were never to fire on the group, I was specifically asked to place 3 cannons to honor wolffe's stepping down so thats why i started placing them down, Me placing the cannons has no relation to you deciding to fire at the people, im sorry cerri my friend but this is a -1
Cerritulus likes this post
Cerritulus  VIP 17 Jul 22 at 4:55pm
(17 Jul 22 at 2:22pm)PersikkaPete Wrote: Sorry about this but uhh my intent for the cannons were never to fire on the group, I was specifically asked to place 3 cannons to honor wolffe's stepping down so thats why i started placing them down, Me placing the cannons has no relation to you deciding to fire at the people, im sorry cerri my friend but this is a -1

IT has no relation to what you were deciding to do, it had every relation to what I decided to do, but I'm not trying to say you're at all at fault for spawning it.
  • 17 participants