Contra/Biscuit's Staff Application

send me pictures of your frog  Senior Server Administrator VIP 22 Mar 21 at 10:22am
FULL RP Name(s): 
HECU KILROY CPL Cuntra
RES SNP SPC Contra
EOW ENTROPY 06 0304
OTA RANGER 09 0304
OSS TITAN Biscuit

What is your current IG level?
55 (was level 85 before the recent reset)

Discord Username: the elongated asian man#2781

Steam IDSTEAM_0:0:78952592

What region/timezone are you located in? 
     EST 

Do you have a microphone? 
     Yes

Previous Warns? 
     I technically have four warns; however, all four warns are from early 2018 and do not appear anymore whenever I type !warns. I have not had any trouble with staff since then.

Previous Bans? 
     None

Why do you want to be part of the staff team? Must be at least 3 sentences.
     I want to join the staff team so I can contribute to a community that I have been a part of for three years and also so I can have a unique opportunity to meet and connect with other players. I hope to be able to not just punish those who break the rules, but to also help them understand the reasoning behind their punishment and clarify any questions the offender may have. I also plan on helping during server downtime when there is limited staff online. Essentially, I want to provide the player-base with a pleasant experience and give back to a community that has provided me with hours of enjoyment.

Why should you be accepted on the staff team? Must be at least 3 sentences.
     I should be accepted on the staff team because of my character and experience. Having been an admin on this server back in early-mid 2018, I'm familiar with the workings of this server. Although things most likely have changed since I was staff 3 years ago, I am a quick learner and adapt quickly. When it comes to administrating sits, I stay unbiased and mature, yet also kind and understanding. I don't let my emotions dictate my actions nor do I let any previous bias weight into my decision making process. 

Do you understand that you must have "[DEFN]" tag in your Steam name whenever you join CvR? 
     Yes

Any staff who can vouch for you?
     Ick, Mint Julep

An MPF Union kills a Civilian but you don't know the reasoning behind the killing.
What do you do?

I would go to the civilian, hear their side of the story, and ask them if the UNION is found guilty of RDM if the citizen would like to forgive the UNION or have me punish him accordingly. I would then put the UNION into a sit and ask them for their side of the story. If the stories do not align, then logs can be used to clarify the situation and I can piece together what happened. If the UNION did RDM the civilian, then I would make sure to explain why what they did was wrong and warn the UNION for RDM (unless the civilian previously said they would prefer the UNION not receive a warn).  if the UNION killed the civilian rightfully, I would explain to the civilian why the UNION killed them and why it does not violate the rules. 

An H.E.C.U. Soldier enters the Combine base to "RP defect".
How do you proceed as a staff member?

I would pull the HECU into a sit and explain to them that RP defect is against the rules and is FailRP. If the HECU is a new player and is compliant/understanding, I would leave them with a verbal. If the new player then tries to defect again then I would warn them. If the HECU is an experienced player, they should've known that RP defect is not allowed and I would warn them for FailRP. I would also notify HECU COs and let them know about the situation.

You find a SU/MACE CO infiltrating without notifying their team in chat. You bring them into a sit to talk to them about breaking the rules. In this sit the CO threatens to demote your RP character if you don't let them go.
How do you handle this?

I would make sure to warn them for breaking infil rules as they are a CO and clearly know the infil rules yet broke them anyways. When the CO threatens to give me an IC punishment for an OOC affair, I would make sure that I record evidence and submit it to their higher-ups. I have medal.tv running when I play so gathering video proof should not be a problem. 

A group of players comes onto the server and threatens to DDOS or raid it.
What do you think you should do?

I would ban the offenders as soon as possible and ban them for as long as possible. I would then collect evidence before submitting it to my higher-ups so they can review the case and extend the length of the bans accordingly. 

You see a high ranking staff member doing something questionable, but you don't know if it is allowed.
What do you do?

Firstly, I would review the rules to see if what the staff is doing is okay. If not or if I am still not entirely sure, I would start recording and ask the staff member what they are doing. I would then ask another staff member of equal or higher ranking if what the suspect is doing is okay or not. If the consensus is that the suspect is in fact breaking the rules, then I would contact a head admin and present the evidence and they would deal with it. 

Signature:
FOXHOUND LTCOL Contra
Senior Administrator 
Redert  Server Moderator 22 Mar 21 at 10:22am
+1 great application

Signature:
R&D COL
Honorary Shield
[DEFN] Venom  Head Administrator Junior Affairs Counselor Trial Gamemaster VIP 22 Mar 21 at 10:45am
+1
The answers are pretty detailed and you have experience in staffing. The application is formated well. You would be a great addition to staff. Good luck.

Signature:
Head Administrator

ex: NPU Fortress OFC-III
Military Police Captain
ECHO OFC-I
caiokkkkk  Server Moderator VIP 22 Mar 21 at 1:08pm
+1
ur answers are pretty good and detailed and you're pretty active in-game, good luck!

Signature:
Honorary GRID Caiok
SU 2LT Caiok
Bore/Sev  Head Administrator VIP 22 Mar 21 at 5:02pm
+1
Good details in scenarios. Hope to see in the staff team.

Signature:
Current MPF Lobster (Head AIU)
SENTRY T-OfC SENTRY.mp3

Bore is dead
HECU FH PVT Bore2

Secretly a Staff Main
mint julep  VIP 22 Mar 21 at 5:29pm
+1

Need more guys like you on our team. You answered the questions well and offer knowledge and experience we can use.

Signature:
[Image: DonaldTrump-HighestIQ_600x600.png?v=1600184239]
[DEFN] Sentinel  President 22 Mar 21 at 5:30pm
+1 Known Contra for a long time, starting back when he was a rebel CO in 2018. Always been pleasant, and I trust he can handle the responsibility.

Signature:
[Image: skillissuebilly.gif]
Valiant likes this post
TheJC  VIP 22 Mar 21 at 8:55pm
+1 but the name Cuntra brings some terrible memories for some reason, hope I'm crazy.
[DEFN] Strelitzia  VIP 22 Mar 21 at 10:36pm
Accepted

Please contact a HA for an interview!

| NA - Strelitzia (Strelitzia#4639)

| EU - Raven (Raven.#9984) and Vexeer (Vexeer#2142)

Signature:
Inexorable.
  • 10 participants