HK'S Ban Appeal

Hong Kong  Senior Infrastructure Moderator VIP 2 Jul 21 at 9:38pm Edited
FULL RP Name(s): 
LA MERCENARY HK / HVY 1ST LT HK | OVA KILO VC4 09 0000 (Name was BLOOD IS FUEL at time of the ban.)

Discord Username: 
Hong Kong #2279

Steam ID 
STEAM_0:0:10188678

Who warned/banned you? :
Moderator Silence.

Date of Warn/Ban :
7/2/2021 (Today.)

Ban Length: 
3 Days.

Warn/Ban Reason:
RDM + LTAP.

Why should we remove warn/ban?
ACT  : Infinite Hyperdeath (The RDM warn.)
This ordeal of events was brought about when I TK'd SNP WO Ritz with a crowbar. Thinking he was in my auto-squad, I thought I could just toss him around with my Slugger perk for a giggle. This wasn't the case. He actually wasn't in my auto-squad and was subsequently killed by me. I apologize for it, but RDM is RDM. But the main issue with this I see is that - Ritz never called a sit. It was simply picked up by Silence on his own volition and I was subsequently warned for it. People get teamkilled on purpose all the time and don't call a sit - You don't see them getting whisked away by an admin to be put into a sit and warned for RDM. My case was subsequently the exception to this, however. I digress, my main issue with this situation is not the RDM warn - but it's something to think about.

ACT II : Imperfect Hatred (The LTAP warn and subsequent ban.)
I was banned for LTAP because when I was brought to the sit (which was at the top of one of the world's edge walls on Outlands. I jumped down after I was told I would be warned for RDM. I was subsequently jailed and then told I would be banned for LTAP because I jumped down from the walls. This is super confusing, LTAP should be only applied in cases where the person would go out of their way to try and avoid the punishment (i.e Changing their name, leaving the server, switching jobs, etc.) Not just jumping down from the sit. Silence already had my name, he was even on rebel at the time so he could definitely see my name above my head because we were on the same team. My name at the time was 'BLOOD IS FUEL' because I was going full melee with the new perk. I am super confused because  he could have just simply done (!freeze BLOOD, !bring BLOOD, !jailtp BLOOD, etc.)
I firmly believe I shouldn't have been banned for LTAP for simply pressing the spacebar and the W key. He could have simply just !returned me, or brought me back since he had already had my name. Or even my STEAMID. 

Evidence/Other:
[Image: unknown.png]
Let us talk in the replies, and let me hear your voice on this. I'm open to DM's as well.

Signature:
HONORARY LA HK
[Image: NecoDance.gif][Image: Necowha-1.gif]
Redert  Server Moderator 2 Jul 21 at 9:41pm
+1 yea ok i might be HKs brother but:

He didn't leave to avoid punishment, he was literally still on the server, and the main fact like he said, was that people TK eachother all, all the time. He shouldn't have been just whisked away and taken into a sit, as Ritz never called a sit.

Signature:
R&D COL
Honorary Shield
Ritz  Member 2 Jul 21 at 9:42pm
+1
Wack situation since i never called a sit and frankly didn't care
mans got banned for WTAP
Kenny McCormick  VIP 2 Jul 21 at 9:44pm
Honestly, I believe the definition of LTAP doesn't apply in this situation. You jumped from the walls, which is easily solved by just another TP. The warn I can understand though, but if it was consensual then whatever.
++

Signature:
love me some lore
former hgm, npu dvl (sentry), lvet co
Bore/Sev  Head Administrator VIP 2 Jul 21 at 9:52pm
Brain hurty, gonna show this to admins.
RDM is kinda wack since a call wasnt placed. I'm neutral on it
however, the LTAP, judging by the way you put it, it sounds like a miss click and you didn't mean too. +1 on the LTAP removed.

Signature:
Current MPF Lobster (Head AIU)
SENTRY T-OfC SENTRY.mp3

Bore is dead
HECU FH PVT Bore2

Secretly a Staff Main
Neat Benny  VIP 2 Jul 21 at 10:10pm Edited
The reason for the RDM warn was because I had witnessed you crowbar a person to death and hit other players. I then took you aside and told you why I took you there and I then told you I was going to warn you. Right after I told you I was going to warn you you leap off the place. It was right after I told you what your punishment was going to be. I did not have you in a big sit I was going to just warn you then return you. So the reason for the LTAP is because you left exactly right after I told you I was going to warn you. I have done this with previous people and I got the advice to do it from Joe when it happened last time with a different person. I also Did jail you and while you were in the Jail you Mic Spammed an Ear rape sound. I would be ok with getting the ban down to just 1 day but I still stand by my decision for warning for both RDM and LTAP.

Signature:
Signed:        Sniper Silence  MPF-H Revenant   HECU Six      
Redert  Server Moderator 2 Jul 21 at 10:11pm
He did this because you literally said you were gonna warn him, the sit SHOULD be over there. You literally dont need him there to warn them buddy

Signature:
R&D COL
Honorary Shield
BOT Pieswick likes this post
Hong Kong  Senior Infrastructure Moderator VIP 2 Jul 21 at 10:12pm
I waited till you told me I was going to be warned, said ok, and then jumped down off the hill. That isn't LTAP. You had my name and steamid and could have just brought me back to warn me. It's not different than during a sit doing !return and then warning the person that you just had a sit with.
Why don't admins just bring people from across the map whenever they see someone TK in the killfeed? Tickets should be made for RDM sits not just the admin acting out to warn a person.

Signature:
HONORARY LA HK
[Image: NecoDance.gif][Image: Necowha-1.gif]
[DEFN] Aithead  Head Gamemaster VIP 2 Jul 21 at 10:21pm
LTAP iirc is about leaving the server to avoid a punishment. Same with LTARP. It would be kinda irritating for someone to jump out of a sit area while you're talking to them but that doesn't seem worthy of an LTAP ban.

The attention afforded to specific types of tickets is always variable, just because nobody looks at a type of ticket doesn't mean it's not a valid ticket to take. Staff are encouraged to look for RDM situations (particularly TK), maybe it's just Silent is the only Staff actually doing their job. Should also mention here that Staff don't actually need consent from the offended party to warn someone who breaks the rules, it's just they normally don't because it's nicer to not be a hardass and to acknowledge that accidents happen.

I'm not +1/-1ing this, just bringing up stuff so that ya'll don't make assumptions.

Signature:
Gamemaster Supervisor.

Ancient GRID CmD, prior SU Major/GB COL.

Credit to SEVIN.
[Image: 20220724145724_1.png]
TheJC and Neat Benny like this post
  • 9 participants