MACE SHOULD HAVE TO UNCLOAK BEFORE STEALING VEHICLES/HACKING, CHANGE MY MIND 2

Poll: Agree?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
33.33% 3 33.33%
yes (Fuck you there is no no)
66.67% 6 66.67%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item.
Bel1ve.  VIP 26 Nov 22 at 2:43pm Edited
FULL RP Name(s):
HVY CPL Ghost / Coomer / EOWA 04 Ghost

Discord Username:
Bel1ve#0001

Steam ID:
 STEAM_0:1:70324061

Workshop Link: (If applicable)
N/A

What is your suggestion?
MACE SHOULD HAVE TO UNCLOAK BEFORE STEALING VEHICLES/HACKING, CHANGE MY MIND 
How would this benefit the server?
Fairness (reposting for T4 something numbers)

can't delete or lock it this time!
DeerDust  Certified Gamemaster VIP 26 Nov 22 at 5:04pm Edited
Mace always have to uncloak when stealing ground vehicles to use their lock pick, with the exception of the T90 which they can’t steal at all
For air vehicles, they don’t have to uncloak necessarily but I feel like there is enough counter play available to where it is fair

For example, a technician can rocket an area to mace check before landing or pick a obscure rooftop to land on for repairs.

For hacking, I suppose you mean sapping terminals and you do have a point for this one. It’s very brainless to sap terminals right now and to take from lockers because you stay cloaked the entire time and lockers don’t make any sound notification at all when you finish stealing from them as mace

Perhaps, in exchange for uncloaking every time you sabotage/steal from lockers Mace gets an old mechanic back like instant weapon pull out or something so the class feels more fluid in the field and has more counter play whilst infiltrating
Bel1ve.  VIP 26 Nov 22 at 5:59pm
I simply posted this for the individual that did before as for the tradeoff I am going to say hell no.
Won't be replying any further
Blims  Server Moderator Member 26 Nov 22 at 6:57pm Edited
To steal anything that isn't an air vehicle they have to de-cloak - if they can even steal it at that point.

With regards to air vehicles as DeerDust has said there are plenty of methods to make sure it is clear before landing for whatever reason:
1. have friendlies MACE check, drop a couple rockets, spray bullets all over.
2. There are also methods of minimising the chances of a successful /hijack if you don't want to clear the area before landing (iirc the more friendlies in a helicopter when /hijack is done, the lower the chances of successful theft).
3. f you're in such serious doubt of the safety of your vehicle Irregardless of the 2 above options. You can always just land somewhere else/somewhere oblique or try a slew of locations that minimise the access of an infiltration class - while you cannot go somewhere inaccessible to the infiltration class (which is now technically an outdated rule thanks to perks giving pretty much everyone complete map manoeuvrability without cswep) - you can still make it a damn sight harder for anything to happen.

I was only a technician for a brief amount of time, and I accept that countering MACE is entirely different to countering SU, but with a few years of OVA under my belt I'm sure the same tricks have some sort of effect on the opposite end too Smile

Now noticing that I completely didn't address the hacking side of the post:

Hacking is a simple button press for SU or MACE, they can only even hack one terminal out of the like 5 per map every (I can't remember) minutes anyway.

I'd argue that if someone is actually paying attention to terminal hacks (which is pretty much never - I can attest to doing it right in front of non-AFK MPs and they haven't even batted an eye) that SU is disadvantaged from being much more visible.

HOWEVER, I would also argue that if someone is paying such stringent attention the terminals in the first place they will likely catch and kill the MACE regardless of the cloak as a variable. This is as the distance the MACE needs to be from the terminal to hack it provides pretty good spray-and-catch-them chances. Therefore to force them to uncloak (which is more obvious than an SU by counterpoint running up and running off) would flip the tables and rather than balance it out between the two would then make MACE disadvantaged.

To conclude: idk

Signature:
"If I'm not causing a stroke, I am definitely having one"
[Image: dxlyVPU.png]
The certified british man
DeerDust  Certified Gamemaster VIP 26 Nov 22 at 7:48pm
I would be fine with Mace having that disadvantage if they received some of their old mechanics back like instant pull out, but Blims is right that it would leave them in a really bad spot if no counterbalance was given

When I say “instant pull out” I mean instead of uncloaking and then switching to your weapon, you can switch to your weapon and it automatically uncloaks for you
This sounds like a small detail but it can save about a second or less which is pretty big in a ambush situation

Or just bring back any of the old Mace mechanics, in truth I’m just really nostalgic for them lol cause it made on the field combat really fun
Kyle The Killer  Member 26 Nov 22 at 7:51pm
-1 MACE need to uncloak to lockpick ground vehicles, and MACE have a difficult time as it is to get into Air Vehicles in the first place.
As for sapping terminals, use your ears/shoot in their general direction to counter them from recklessly Shift+W to every terminal.
Destitute the :dab:  Chief Executive Officer VIP 26 Nov 22 at 8:21pm
"Change my mind", clearly has no intention of doing so. lmao.
Magnum likes this post
Valiant  VIP 27 Nov 22 at 12:18pm
(26 Nov 22 at 2:43pm)Bel1ve. Wrote:
FULL RP Name(s):
HVY CPL Ghost / Coomer / EOWA 04 Ghost

Discord Username:
Bel1ve#0001

Steam ID:
 STEAM_0:1:70324061

Workshop Link: (If applicable)
N/A

What is your suggestion?
MACE SHOULD HAVE TO UNCLOAK BEFORE STEALING VEHICLES/HACKING, CHANGE MY MIND 
How would this benefit the server?
Fairness (reposting for T4 something numbers)

can't delete or lock it this time!

Wish they had told us why tbh, "do I even need to explain" is surprisingly one of the worst explanations I've ever seen
Venom  Senior Infrastructure Moderator VIP 29 Sep 23 at 1:28pm
Old Suggestion, being moved to Reviewed. If still valid, remake the suggestion via a new post.
  • 7 participants