Model change for some classes:

Poll: Yes/No?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hell ye
63.89% 23 63.89%
No I'm a rebel main
36.11% 13 36.11%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item.
Raven  Community Advisor VIP 4 May 21 at 6:25pm Edited
(4 May 21 at 6:21pm)[DEFN] Aithead Wrote: oh dear god please don't tell me ya'll are arguing about a model being more or less visible and the "advantages" that come with it. Model options are usually cool though. With the way gameplay works you usually spot other people when you're looking at them, Gmod playermodels are not that hard to distinguish from the surroundings, and anybody with a decent set of eyes can look for a moving object. (Yes i'm discriminating against blind people)

For snipers specifically there's a game mechanic that invalidates most stealth related arguments simply known as Scope Glint.

Which shows up when they zoom in, when playing both combine and rebel I can clearly see how a ghillie suit is actually an advantage. It's literally camo, they don't always move.
Try this: Put a RANGER in a random bush and put a sniper in another. See which one you spot first.

Signature:
Community Advisor
[Image: b1e12a2cdf553c121f41b0510fcb0033951fd417.gifv]
Alma Armas  VIP 5 May 21 at 11:35am
(4 May 21 at 6:21pm)[DEFN] Aithead Wrote: oh dear god please don't tell me ya'll are arguing about a model being more or less visible and the "advantages" that come with it. Model options are usually cool though. With the way gameplay works you usually spot other people when you're looking at them, Gmod playermodels are not that hard to distinguish from the surroundings, and anybody with a decent set of eyes can look for a moving object. (Yes i'm discriminating against blind people)

For snipers specifically there's a game mechanic that invalidates most stealth related arguments simply known as Scope Glint.

To be honest, I did this suggestion purely so we EOW can have an option to switch between camo. Adding them doesn't give them any benefit, but it IS fun to use.
As for OVA, Armored Fromge.
ozz12231  VIP 5 May 21 at 9:53pm Edited
+1 no more marshmallows and kilo COs should have deferent model to easily be spotted
Berd  Head Administrator Affairs Counselor VIP 6 May 21 at 10:56am
+1 Looks pretty cool and yeah it'd be fun to actually not stick out like sore thumbs on some maps
Kapo-Chan  Member 6 May 21 at 1:33pm
(4 May 21 at 6:25pm)Raven. Wrote:

Which shows up when they zoom in, when playing both combine and rebel I can clearly see how a ghillie suit is actually an advantage. It's literally camo, they don't always move.
Try this: Put a RANGER in a random bush and put a sniper in another. See which one you spot first.

none of that really matters since you'll be shooting from render distance anyways lol, plus the glint actually helps you blend in on defn main around the city half of the time.

Neutral, but more in favour. i'd rather a more customisable model that would allow reapers to change their body colour, as well as their armour pad colour, than a camo model to switch to.
tea  Senior Server Administrator Junior Affairs Counselor VIP 7 May 21 at 7:30am
it's not that needed but idk why not +1
  • 23 participants