Should being able to shoot while mid air come back? (Poll)

Poll: Should being able to shoot while mid air come back?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
57.69% 30 57.69%
No
42.31% 22 42.31%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item.
[DEFN] Aithead  Head Gamemaster VIP 15 Sep 21 at 11:23pm
Jumping and crouching while midair manipulates players' hitboxes to not be accurate to their position. Many things were tried previously, such as making shooting mid-air against the rules and increasing damage midair (which is still a thing). No matter how much it was discouraged, players still essentially exploited the game in order to gain an advantage, and Staff did not want to punish players for pressing two keys on their keyboard. The solution was this, which has mostly worked.

Unless you have another way to prevent players from exploiting the game engine it's not going to be changed.

Signature:
Gamemaster Supervisor.

Ancient GRID CmD, prior SU Major/GB COL.

Credit to SEVIN.
[Image: 20220724145724_1.png]
Bore/Sev  Head Administrator VIP 16 Sep 21 at 12:14am
(15 Sep 21 at 11:23pm)[DEFN] Aithead Wrote: Jumping and crouching while midair manipulates players' hitboxes to not be accurate to their position. Many things were tried previously, such as making shooting mid-air against the rules and increasing damage midair (which is still a thing). No matter how much it was discouraged, players still essentially exploited the game in order to gain an advantage, and Staff did not want to punish players for pressing two keys on their keyboard. The solution was this, which has mostly worked.

Unless you have another way to prevent players from exploiting the game engine it's not going to be changed.

pretty sure the in-air dmg you take was reset to normal dmg after the change was mad, but basicly this

Signature:
Current MPF Lobster (Head AIU)
SENTRY T-OfC SENTRY.mp3

Bore is dead
HECU FH PVT Bore2

Secretly a Staff Main
bad rats fan 69  Member 16 Sep 21 at 3:55pm Edited
adding an accuracy penalty while shooting in air and removing ads in air would make crouch jumping unviable while still allowing people in the air to fight back, slugger is busted op rn (source: experience) because when someone is in the air they cant fight back. also if you have a high movespeed you get fucked by source jank making you airborne leading to cheesy deaths (source: painful experience ;~; )
Persistence likes this post
Magnum  Certified Gamemaster VIP 16 Sep 21 at 10:44pm Edited
(16 Sep 21 at 3:55pm)bad rats fan 69 Wrote: adding an accuracy penalty while shooting in air and removing ads in air would make crouch jumping unviable while still allowing people in the air to fight back, slugger is busted op rn (source: experience) because when someone is in the air they cant fight back. also if you have a high movespeed you get fucked by source jank making you airborne leading to cheesy deaths (source: painful experience ;~; )

When was the last time you played against a shotgun class bhopping around a corner? They don't need ADS or an accuracy penalty, you're gonna explode from the 6 rounds of automatic buckshot coming from a jank airborn hitbox
аaa  Member 17 Sep 21 at 8:19am
(17 Sep 21 at 8:16am)аaa Wrote: Prove me if im wrong, but, who cares about crouch-jump hitbox? i mean, tick rate is almost dead, you cant even tell the difference, hitbox takes some time to sync up with an actual player position
same shit goes here
[DEFN] Aithead  Head Gamemaster VIP 17 Sep 21 at 12:55pm Edited
To be blunt; the Server Owner cares cuz it's a huge source of complaints. Specifically, one of the largest sources of complaints the server has had.

And uh, yes, There is a difference. I don't know where your information is coming from but anything that distorts the hitbox is going to be worse at lower tickrates, which CvR is at.

Not being able to shoot on small ledges is a small price to pay for salvation, and rarely comes up for me. The most common time it's happened was on Stalker, on the pipes next to J. Everything else is avoidable by simply not jumping off of rooftops, which are not small ledges.

Signature:
Gamemaster Supervisor.

Ancient GRID CmD, prior SU Major/GB COL.

Credit to SEVIN.
[Image: 20220724145724_1.png]
Berd  Head Administrator Affairs Counselor VIP 17 Sep 21 at 1:00pm
(17 Sep 21 at 12:55pm)[DEFN] Aithead Wrote: To be blunt; the Server Owner cares cuz it's a huge source of complaints. Specifically, one of the largest sources of complaints the server has had.

And uh, yes, There is a difference. I don't know where your information is coming from but anything that distorts the hitbox is going to be worse at lower tickrates, which CvR is at.

Not being able to shoot on small ledges is a small price to pay for salvation, and rarely comes up for me. The most common time it's happened was on Stalker, on the pipes next to J. Everything else is avoidable by simply not jumping off of rooftops, which are not small ledges.

"Not being able to shoot on small ledges is a small price to pay for salvation, and rarely comes up for me. The most common time it's happened was on Stalker, on the pipes next to J. Everything else is avoidable by simply not jumping off of rooftops, which are not small ledges."
Probably because I never actually see you play fast classes
Try it on maps like outlands
It can be painful Sad
bad rats fan 69 likes this post
TheJC  VIP 17 Sep 21 at 1:01pm
I want it back, make floaty great again
Bel1ve.  VIP 17 Sep 21 at 2:39pm Edited
I think the better question is, should we still be able to shoot if we fall for like less than a second due to slopes and shit.

Which IMO should be possible
bad rats fan 69  Member 20 Sep 21 at 8:02am
(16 Sep 21 at 10:44pm)Magnum Wrote:
(16 Sep 21 at 3:55pm)bad rats fan 69 Wrote: adding an accuracy penalty while shooting in air and removing ads in air would make crouch jumping unviable while still allowing people in the air to fight back, slugger is busted op rn (source: experience) because when someone is in the air they cant fight back. also if you have a high movespeed you get fucked by source jank making you airborne leading to cheesy deaths (source: painful experience ;~; )

When was the last time you played against a shotgun class bhopping around a corner? They don't need ADS or an accuracy penalty, you're gonna explode from the 6 rounds of automatic buckshot coming from a jank airborn hitbox

i mean, if you get caught out by a shotgun class moving around a corner you're pretty fucked when they're on the ground. bhopping in combat is against the rules anyway so if it really boils ur beans you can get an admin to make them stop lol.
  • 18 participants