Skippy - Ban Appeal / Hopeful Return to the Community

Skippy  Member 7 Mar 22 at 10:28pm
FULL RP Name(s): 
H.E.C.U FH DUELIST SGT Skippy <--- My RP name while I was a member of the community

Discord Username:
amerikan freedom#6488

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:62570016

Who warned/banned you?
At the time: Fel authorized the ban, Toasty enforced it. Burn denied the subsequent appeal. (May 2020)

Date of Warn/Ban:
May 03, 2020 - 06:14:50 AM

Ban Length:
Permanent

Warn/Ban Reason:
As of now, there is no detailed description as to my ban, however according to my previous appeal --> ["Officially it reads as 'ban evasion' on my end however it refers to a dox joke/threat (posted at the bottom of this appeal). To clarify, the ban was enforced while I was off of the server, there was no sit taken."]

Why should we remove warn/ban?
First, I would like to acknowledge openly that the situation that I placed myself in May 2020 was absolutely uncalled for. For that alone, this entire community deserves a sincere apology. At the time, I had built a reputation of being pretty grueling to be around because I was purely focused on attaining a higher rank rather than enjoying and building a connection with those that I was playing alongside and against. Looking back I still feel taken aback at how obnoxious and difficult I was to be around in the server. I want to make this appeal as an attempt to be given grace and a second chance at enjoying being a part of this community, one that I think about every time I launch Garry's Mod. At the time I was banned I was an immature sophomore without any job or professional experience. Now I'm two months away from graduating with an entirely different perspective on how to connect with others.

Over the course of the last two years, I've made periodic attempts to contact administrators and affairs staff through Discord discussing what had happened and the possibilities of a sincere appeal and reconsideration of my ban. As time progressed, the perceived leniency towards my specific situation and appeal seemed to be more in favor of reconsideration. The specific staff members I'm referring to are Osprey and C0d3s. While I haven't spoken to them recently, I've decided it is time to make an official appeal on my situation and see if the community is willing to have me rejoin its ranks.

I will provide a link to my initial appeal as well as repost the screenshot that I captured showing my dox comment down below. The majority of the staff members involved in my previous appeal have stepped down from their positions, with Nekso being the only remaining staff member associated.

Evidence/Other:
My Initial Ban Appeal ("Skippy - Ban Appeal")

A conversation I had with C0d3s on October 29, 2021

My initial ban and comment made by Kowalski

Thank you for taking the time to read this appeal, and I hope that you take my specific situation along with the time I've spent away from the community into consideration for giving me a second chance. Looking forward to hearing from you all. Regardless of the outcome, being a part of Definitive Networks was and still is a happy memory.
Kyle The Killer  Member 7 Mar 22 at 10:38pm
+1 and -1| +1 because I believe that with time, you have changed and turned for the better as a person. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad to have you with the community. On the other hand. I -1 because mainly appeals are for unjust bans, and given the circumstances, threats of doxxing will always be taken seriously with a permanent ban. For that reason, my -1 will stick because it's the punishment for such an offense.
doggod  Member 7 Mar 22 at 11:25pm
neutral
for reasons similar to kyles, you could have evolved and become a beter person than you were 2 years ago, and that "threat" could have had no more meaning behind it but we can't really know for sure, but at the same time if that threat did have a degree of meaning or intention that can be kinda bad to have in the community
TheJC  VIP 8 Mar 22 at 12:22am
I 'member you, you were kinda cool sometimes, also Nekso isn't staff anymore
Alma Armas  VIP 8 Mar 22 at 8:12am
+1 honestly this ban seems kinda funny to me.
An obvious joke being told obviously as a joke, someone taking it seriously and reporting it to his COs.

Even in chat you're not being taken seriously, I honestly see no point in why you would need remained banned, they could have just banned you for a few months and tell you never to do it again. I'd go as far as to say this is unjust.
Destitute the :dab:  Chief Executive Officer VIP 8 Mar 22 at 8:26am
It would help if someone could actually vouch for your change in character.
doggod likes this post
Skippy  Member 8 Mar 22 at 8:05pm
(8 Mar 22 at 8:12am)Alma Armas Wrote: +1 honestly this ban seems kinda funny to me.
An obvious joke being told obviously as a joke, someone taking it seriously and reporting it to his COs.

Even in chat you're not being taken seriously, I honestly see no point in why you would need remained banned, they could have just banned you for a few months and tell you never to do it again. I'd go as far as to say this is unjust.

While I will not comment on the actions taken by those on the server since what I said was inappropriate no matter the context, I noted in my initial appeal that I was asking for a lesser sentence. I appreciate your support.

(8 Mar 22 at 8:26am)Destitute the :dab: Wrote: It would help if someone could actually vouch for your change in character.

True, I understand your concern. Unfortunately, I've been away from the community and its members for the last two years out of respect to the situation. Additionally, I have spent a considerable amount of time away from Steam and Discord in general, focusing on school and other things in my life. While this doesn't support your concern specifically, I hope this clarifies my absence. Let me know if there's anything you would like to discuss further.
Alma Armas likes this post
zyer  VIP 8 Mar 22 at 8:43pm
someone made a ddos joke, got perma banned made an appeal and got their ban shortened to a few weeks iirc. its been nearly 2 years since you got banned and u have probably gotten more mature.
doggod likes this post
Kowalski  Director of Personnel VIP 9 Mar 22 at 4:09pm
+1 Even at the time it happened it seemed like a mistake but rules were rules, would love to see you back in the community and see how you have changed.

Signature:
Director of Personnel

Former Councilman / MSO DvL / Ballista OfC / HECU Major / HVY Major
Alma Armas and Skippy like this post
Woorj07  VIP 9 Mar 22 at 7:39pm
A dox threat or "joke" is a very big deal. I would stand by Burn's denial reason for your previous appeal.
  • 11 participants