Increasing the prop limit for Engi and Grid

oogasboogas  VIP 23 Feb 22 at 6:10pm
+1 im going to join grid and build a cross map FOB and rape people
Micdon  VIP 23 Feb 22 at 8:14pm
+1 for this, always running short on barricades for fobs.
Cakyon  VIP 23 Feb 22 at 9:07pm
+1 even 30 props would be good, I feel like I always cant be creative enough with my builds to make them look nice while staying within the rules (adding supports to make it realistic etc.)
gammaghostneo  Member 23 Feb 22 at 10:50pm
+1 If there are any fears of potential prop spam, 15 has the same effect.
While doing this could result in better bunkering down on checkpoints, shells and coordination could potentially help to break through the defenses.
I'm sure there's some negative ignoring the ones here, but I currently I don't see it.
[DEFN] Aithead  Head Gamemaster VIP 24 Feb 22 at 2:16am Edited
100% both GRID/ENG ULXs should get 20 props, the normal one ("Engineer") gets 15 while the VIP version gets 20.

More than that, eh. If you think about what GRID/ENG have been able to accomplish with just 20 props and how laggy the server gets when GMs start going wild with their details, 20 props is probably a fine standard to keep when there's no limit on how many GRID/ENGs can be on the server at the same time.

Signature:
Gamemaster Supervisor.

Ancient GRID CmD, prior SU Major/GB COL.

Credit to SEVIN.
[Image: 20220724145724_1.png]
Niko_  VIP 24 Feb 22 at 3:16am
+1 for a higher prop limit, if not higher than 20 at least match basic ENG ULX with VIP ENG since its a liiiiitle unfair VIP get more props, GRID and Engineer are the only classes in the game that gets a direct benefit from having VIP
An Even Wilder Egg  Member 25 Feb 22 at 5:53am
absolutely fucking -1

instead of having to deal with 3 walls that consist out of 5 8x8 props we'll have to put up with even more bullshit walls

rpg doesn't damage props behind other props, an engi could (and they fucking are because the COs give zero damzels about this) keep spamming stacker tool on a single wall essentially nullifying ballista's work

i remember a time when there was a full squad of ballistas and we were exploding the F FOB on mainstr, and an engineer just kept spamming stacker tool and the no-collide precision tool option on his props, making our RPGs do no shit to his props unless we aimed the rockets at the ground near the props, which already only does like 50% of the already small rpg to-building damage

and here you come saying "you guys suffered not enough, let's double the amount of suffering you have to get through to do the only thing that your class is designed for yet absolutely sucks at fulfilling"

as i said a fat fucking -1
Banana  VIP 25 Feb 22 at 8:47pm
(25 Feb 22 at 5:53am)An Even Wilder Egg Wrote: absolutely fucking -1

instead of having to deal with 3 walls that consist out of 5 8x8 props we'll have to put up with even more bullshit walls

rpg doesn't damage props behind other props, an engi could (and they fucking are because the COs give zero damzels about this) keep spamming stacker tool on a single wall essentially nullifying ballista's work

i remember a time when there was a full squad of ballistas and we were exploding the F FOB on mainstr, and an engineer just kept spamming stacker tool and the no-collide precision tool option on his props, making our RPGs do no shit to his props unless we aimed the rockets at the ground near the props, which already only does like 50% of the already small rpg to-building damage

and here you come saying "you guys suffered not enough, let's double the amount of suffering you have to get through to do the only thing that your class is designed for yet absolutely sucks at fulfilling"

as i said a fat fucking -1

Stacking walls/doors is against the rules, it's called armoring.
Spamming props after they are instantly destroyed is called Combat Building which is also not allowed.
I think the point completely flew over your head but if you are having issues of Engis or Grid breaking those rules, send proof and it will be dealt with or call staff.

Signature:
~ Banana 
Chief of R&D
Ex MP CPT
Discord: lemmethink
Hancock  Member 25 Feb 22 at 9:15pm
+1 Idk how this hasn't been changed, 15 props is nothing. You can fortify a whole point with the amount of Props but more props equal good
Redert  Server Moderator 25 Feb 22 at 11:37pm
yea, novikov, i feel like you just ran into a rule-breaking engineer, report them to engineer COs and they will be punished. Sounds like one bad experience made you hate the idea

Signature:
R&D COL
Honorary Shield
  • 17 participants