New Update Is Garbage

[DEFN] Aithead  Affairs Counselor Certified Gamemaster 21 Aug 20 at 2:01pm
So.

The basic weapons you are refering to, for example the Starter Pistol (9mm) costs barely anything to make, and you can easily get the components for it. Same goes for the Modular SMG and the Pulse SMG. You could get those with around 1 hr of playtime just from capping points, scrapping piles, and kills, and both of them are really good.

The higher tier weapons are far more expensive, but not having everything immediately accessible extends gameplay duration, especially as it gives more incentive for players to play the objectives.

In terms of attachments I do have to agree with you, the lvl 1/2/3 attachments don't offer as much variance as i'd hoped they would, but i'm already working on a rework template for exchanging those for others of their same variety.

All in all, update with the stuff it provided is pretty cool, but a lot more grindy than most players are used too from the server.
ShiggyDiggy  Member 21 Aug 20 at 2:50pm Edited
(21 Aug 20 at 1:03pm)Thunderb753 Wrote: -1 Finally we got progression, cool looking scientific guns which add to the immersion and also a crafting system that rewards the player, update is great and if you want to talk about weapon balance that's fine since it just came out but the old system was too easy, after reaching lvl 80-90 that was it, the rest was just playing for a looooooooooong time to get a new weapon at 100.

(Also nades got nerfed cuz of jihading MPs, its their fault they abused it so much.)

I've said it before that the system was already pretty fucked up, adding in more weapons than just whichever default they were using (MW/CSGO/BO) would've been great on it's own. A crafting system is fine, but making everything requiring crafting and materials and having to craft a part for a part for a single piece is ridiculous. It's one thing if an item like a booster or medical pack, or some armor and some types of specialty/higher grade weapons required crafting, but there should be room for buying armor and guns like before. Ex: Out of 3 guns and 2 armor, the best requires crafting and the others can be bought. Crafting should be an option and something that gives an extra edge, not the basis for being able to get anything at all other than whatever your class has. And if there are nades there should be molotovs, because Ballistas used to do the same thing with RPGs

(21 Aug 20 at 2:01pm)[DEFN] Aithead Wrote: So.

The basic weapons you are refering to, for example the Starter Pistol (9mm) costs barely anything to make, and you can easily get the components for it. Same goes for the Modular SMG and the Pulse SMG. You could get those with around 1 hr of playtime just from capping points, scrapping piles, and kills, and both of them are really good.

The higher tier weapons are far more expensive, but not having everything immediately accessible extends gameplay duration, especially as it gives more incentive for players to play the objectives.

In terms of attachments I do have to agree with you, the lvl 1/2/3 attachments don't offer as much variance as i'd hoped they would, but i'm already working on a rework template for exchanging those for others of their same variety.

All in all, update with the stuff it provided is pretty cool, but a lot more grindy than most players are used too from the server.

The basics are an example, but I've expanded when I've said that more than just the basics should not require crafting. And playing as a Marksman, the only way I can get materials is to sit on a point. With a bolt action rifle, which leaves me open to every other kind of enemy with no way to fight back other than a crowbar unless I get a lucky shot even if I'm nowhere near the front line. That alone makes the class even worse than playing, because then the option is to not sit on points, which brings no materials.

Not every weapon should require crafting, if you want an edge on your gun or a higher quality weapon to an extent I get that but the option to purchase a weapon like normal should still be there.

And it loses all sense of "grind" when by next year some other system will be made, wipe out everything I've worked for, and start me off with nothing again. Make a permanent working system and add on, stop changing it to whatever someone feels like. If people get bored of the combat and the weapons only require addons or fixes, then it's the gameplay itself and that needs to be focused on. Changing weapons is like a new toy, the fun wears off after awhile
Thunderb753  Senior Server Administrator VIP 21 Aug 20 at 3:47pm
You can just buy it from other players bro, buying stuff is still there, its just that right now everyone wants to craft something so demand is too high to have trading happen constantly, soon enough people that play regularly will get what they want and then be more open to trading, I just bought crafting materials from people today, your credits now isn't going to the void and your gun comes from nowhere, now we have interactive economy that changes depending on the demand for certain items.

Signature:
Here is a video on how to set up OBS (Free recording software) for shitty computers!
Setting Up OBS For Shitty Computers
  • 17 participants